• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yeah, I think if King Boo is coming with any "haunted house" stage, it's gonna be something based on the Last Resort.

Wonder what kinda cameos we could get with that...?
I would love to see it based on the film studio since that's my favorite level by far, but I don't know how much that would fit in smash. I think the garden might fit pretty well being a more vertical area. There could be platforms around the giant vine in the middle or something. For a really obnoxious stage they could go with that trippy level with the magician girls and the perspective could shift throughout the battle having the center of gravity change to the walls and ceiling. I could also see the museum being cool with different dinosaurs being platforms, and the T Rex could be a stage hazard. In any of these cases I would expect cameos from the boss of the stage, Polterkitty, and maybe Helen Gravely. I just hope they don't go with the roof where you fight King Boo, because that would be pretty boring and similar to the existing Luigi's Mansion stage.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I would love to see it based on the film studio since that's my favorite level by far, but I don't know how much that would fit in smash. I think the garden might fit pretty well being a more vertical area. There could be platforms around the giant vine in the middle or something. For a really obnoxious stage they could go with that trippy level with the magician girls and the perspective could shift throughout the battle having the center of gravity change to the walls and ceiling. I could also see the museum being cool with different dinosaurs being platforms, and the T Rex could be a stage hazard. In any of these cases I would expect cameos from the boss of the stage, Polterkitty, and maybe Helen Gravely. I just hope they don't go with the roof where you fight King Boo, because that would be pretty boring and similar to the existing Luigi's Mansion stage.
my choice would be floor 15

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think we should all prepare for copious amounts of salt and anger directed towards King Boo. People were already going to hate the last character, but they're expecting the likes of Master Chief. A relatively small time first party is going to piss people off as much as Byleth did.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Yeah, when people imagine a "relatively low-key first party", they usually think of someone like Octoling, or Ayumi Tachibana, or a Gen 8 Pokémon. Nothing against those characters (at worst, I'd be neutral on a Pokémon), but nobody really seems to give King Boo more than a few moments of thought.

And if he does get in, it's gonna be very... interesting to see how fans react to him. I personally believe that it's going to be more positive than negative, but you never know...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think we should all prepare for copious amounts of salt and anger directed towards King Boo. People were already going to hate the last character, but they're expecting the likes of Master Chief. A relatively small time first party is going to piss people off as much as Byleth did.
well we toad fans are unlikely to be too salty. we're a bit defeatist

Kingboo200

Smash Rookie
When I look at the releases of all the characters from both Fighter pass 1 and 2, they are kinda similar and different. Joker was completely unexpected for Smash Bros, and then fighter pass 2 they instantly told us that the first fighter would be from the Arms series, so then it was expected on who the character would be. Byleth was the last character made the Smash community angry, and really ended the pass on a bad note. Now if it is reversed then it will most likely be a character that will end the pass with a character that the Smash community would really want. And if you average it out 4/6 of the fighter pass 1 characters the community enjoyed while the other 2 weren't as popular, if you consider Piranha Plant as a fighter from the pass even though I don't. Fighter pass 2 also followed this by adding 3 the community enjoyed and 2 that weren't as much. Meaning that the last character would most likely be one that the community would really enjoy and could even be the one that people would like the most out of the whole pass.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What do y'all think King Boo's specials would be? I feel like there are so many options. A purple lightning projectile is obvious, but I can also see exploding spike balls or spitting fire balls. He could have a command grab where he turns opponents into paintings a la Yoshi's neutral b. He could have a move where he becomes intangible for a short time. I imagine it would have a cool down and attacking out of it would cancel it out. Maybe he could do something with cloning himself for a special? I'm guessing his up special would be a teleport, but he has so many possibilities that maybe it could do something different while he's on the ground like Min Min. That's all not counting the possibility of specials based on other Boo abilities throughout the Mario series and potentially even Lady Bow stuff.

As far as the grab, I've seen an idea I really love where he has a tether grab with his tongue like Yoshi, but you can see them inside of him because he turns translucent, and he just scrunches himself up for his pummel.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What do y'all think King Boo's specials would be? I feel like there are so many options. A purple lightning projectile is obvious, but I can also see exploding spike balls or spitting fire balls. He could have a command grab where he turns opponents into paintings a la Yoshi's neutral b. He could have a move where he becomes intangible for a short time. I imagine it would have a cool down and attacking out of it would cancel it out. Maybe he could do something with cloning himself for a special? I'm guessing his up special would be a teleport, but he has so many possibilities that maybe it could do something different while he's on the ground like Min Min. That's all not counting the possibility of specials based on other Boo abilities throughout the Mario series and potentially even Lady Bow stuff.

As far as the grab, I've seen an idea I really love where he has a tether grab with his tongue like Yoshi, but you can see them inside of him because he turns translucent, and he just scrunches himself up for his pummel.
perhaps a slamming attack borrowed from boolossus? Or perhaps a big gust of air he blows Luigi away with until you’ve caught enough boos?

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
ideally he can turn invisible, possess people, float, and has a painting command grab

he’ll probably only have 2 of these max tho, but since he’s a dlc character he’s definitely gonna have a gimmick

Laniv

Smash Lord
The two things I feel he ought to have are trapping foes in paintings, as others have said, and summoning Boos to wreak havoc.

Also I say the painting thing is better suited for a Final Smash but that's just me.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't think any character could possibly get a worse response than Byleth, except Marth 9.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I don't think any character could possibly get a worse response than Byleth, except Marth 9.
I didn't say worse. But the issue with this one is not just that King Boo is a small first party character, but that this is the very last one. As bad as the reaction to Byleth was, there were still 6 more chances for people to get their favorite character. No matter who the last character is they will get a lot of hate. Between having a character that may be underwhelming for a lot of people and the fact that people's expectations are already crazy high for this one, I'm definitely expecting a Byleth level response if it's King Boo.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say worse. But the issue with this one is not just that King Boo is a small first party character, but that this is the very last one. As bad as the reaction to Byleth was, there were still 6 more chances for people to get their favorite character. No matter who the last character is they will get a lot of hate. Between having a character that may be underwhelming for a lot of people and the fact that people's expectations are already crazy high for this one, I'm definitely expecting a Byleth level response if it's King Boo.
Be funny to see the 0 iq takes on king boo and we can celebrate

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Honestly, I think that would still fade. But that is of course just a matter of opinion.

Granted, I also really doubt King Boo is the last character.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would love this character.
Not for the ideas of Smash Hall of Fame...because regardless of the refutes, Smash is a de facto Hall of Fame...

But Boo would hands down be a fun character to play, whom I would smile when seeing in battle.
And uniquely shaped characters just add another layer for me.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Im just surprised how far we have gone didnt think we would get as far as we did but here we are potentally getting king boo in smash.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
cool vid idk why it posted twice so ill replace it this with this message (double post)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
cool vid idk why it posted twice so ill replace it this with this message
Careful with the double/triple posts, mate. It isn't acceptable here, and mods will put demerits on your account for it. Just edit your original post and add more information.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Careful with the double/triple posts, mate. It isn't acceptable here, and mods will put demerits on your account for it. Just edit your original post and add more information.
thanks man made a stupid mistake i cant remove the message i would if i could

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
thanks man made a stupid mistake i cant remove the message i would if i could
I understand. But if you edit the first to include the posts from the 2nd and 3rd, and then just say "double post" in the latter two, they won't have an issue- as mistakes happen.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
that vid was cool I like the portal and duplication ideas for the specials

the crown as a tether grab is pretty dope too
i like it more because it shows to people that this is still a nintendo ip its not a celebration of gaming if it was it would be more obvious also love the alts and animations looks nice

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
i like it more because it shows to people that this is still a nintendo ip its not a celebration of gaming if it was it would be more obvious also love the alts and animations looks nice
I think it speaks even more that Nintendo is so important in gaming, when they throw a third/quarter of the characters that include some of gamings biggest icons (and Bayonetta), and juxtapose that to so many iconic Nintendo characters (and M4rth).

Either way, it is a Nintendo IP that absolutely celebrates gaming.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Well, folks, it's another spirit event that isn't Luigi's Mansion 3. This time it's Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, a 2020 game:
1626288886060.png

Hmmm. Very odd.

Top Bottom