• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Laniv

Smash Lord
Sorry if I sound like I'm repeating myself, but the fact that Luigi's Mansion 3 made it over a year with no Spirit Event at all makes me very suspicious and a little hopeful.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I sound like I'm repeating myself, but the fact that Luigi's Mansion 3 made it over a year with no Spirit Event at all makes me very suspicious and a little hopeful.
i think its more strange because theres nowhere that makes sense to put the LM3 spirit event before smash dlc is over

Laniv

Smash Lord
i think its more strange because theres nowhere that makes sense to put the LM3 spirit event before smash dlc is over
Yeah like, I can understand them not doing it on release because Terry was the hot new character, but after all this time, including another October and the anniversary of the game's release, you really start to wonder...

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Yeah like, I can understand them not doing it on release because Terry was the hot new character, but after all this time, including another October and the anniversary of the game's release, you really start to wonder...
Even if we had that event that celebrated its 2 year birthday this would mean october 2021 which i very highly doubt would be pushed so far for a LM3 event you really do start to wonder

Laniv

Smash Lord
Even if we had that event that celebrated its 2 year birthday this would mean october 2021 which i very highly doubt would be pushed so far for a LM3 event you really do start to wonder
Maybe there are LM3 spirits coming in October, but they're coming with a certain ghost king with a penchant for art... Hmmm...

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Maybe there are LM3 spirits coming in October, but they're coming with a certain ghost king with a penchant for art... Hmmm...
exactly, there's a possibility King Boo might not even be revealed at e3 and saved for last

wouldn't completely rule it out tbh

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
have fun rising high guys. im gonna stay on the ground where its safe but ill put out a net to catch you

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Is there literally anything left to consider before the smash reveal because i think we just waiting for king boo to get in.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Is there literally anything left to consider before the smash reveal because i think we just waiting for king boo to get in.
Well, let's see, we got:

• lack of LM3 spirits, with games such as Age of Calamity, Origami King, and Bowser's Fury all receiving Spirit Events
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 was very successful, selling 9.5 million as of May 2021
  • could potentially be the first ghostly fighter in the Smash Bros. series
  • has plenty of unique abilities to draw on, including but not limited to turning invisible, teleportation, summoning bolts of purple lightning, and of course trapping people in paintings

My guy has a surprising amount going for him.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think we'll only see King Boo at E3 if we get 2 reveals. I doubt he would be the only E3 character. I'm definitely predicting 2 reveals though, so I expect to see him there.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Laniv

Smash Lord
Man I thought that was doomguy at first glance lol

anyways, we still got one more fighter, so let's keep up the hope!

Laniv

Smash Lord
Okay, here's how King Boo can still get in: he's revealed in an September or October direct, and then the Mr. Sakurai Presents comes in October, and then he's released in late October.

All we have to do is hope there's no Spirit Event between now and the direct!

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here's how King Boo can still get in: he's revealed in an September or October direct, and then the Mr. Sakurai Presents comes in October, and then he's released in late October.

All we have to do is hope there's no Spirit Event between now and the direct!
indeed man if we make it that far

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This theory is a very and I mean very, VERY huge reach but here's a new theory going around.

Something I think King Boo could fit into account and especially if the last character releases in October.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Honestly it's really crazy that King Boo has made it this far without being deconfirmed, he's a huge Mario character. That's probably the only thing that keeps him a viable contender for the last fighter.
Also, something the Waluigi thread has been talking about-the only remaining game-specific Mii costume/hat left is the Red Shell Mii hat. Mario-related. Makes it seem like this last character is going to be a Mario character, huh?

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Also, something the Waluigi thread has been talking about-the only remaining game-specific Mii costume/hat left is the Red Shell Mii hat. Mario-related. Makes it seem like this last character is going to be a Mario character, huh?
literally came here to type this

its no coincidence

Laniv

Smash Lord
Yeah, we all talk about the Red Shell hat, which could come with King Boo, but what other Mii costumes do you think could come with the king?

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we all talk about the Red Shell hat, which could come with King Boo, but what other Mii costumes do you think could come with the king?
gooigi maybe a king boo crown one of the ghosts of the game the LM3 dlc costumes

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
King Boo has escalated to my third most wanted Mario character- maybe second.
1- Captain Toad
2- Paper Mario... and also, King Boo

Professor E.Gadd Mii Swordfighter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom