• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Laniv

Smash Lord
Luigi's Mansion 3 was an E3-worthy reveal in the past. Come to think of it, so was Dark Moon. It's very possible that King Boo may be revealed at E3 this year

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's Mansion 3 was an E3-worthy reveal in the past. Come to think of it, so was Dark Moon. It's very possible that King Boo may be revealed at E3 this year
e3 in front of millions this is epic the king shall rise

Laniv

Smash Lord
Well, folks, another week, another spirit event that isn't Luigi's Mansion 3:

What is going on

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Well, folks, another week, another spirit event that isn't Luigi's Mansion 3:

What is going on
Pretty clear man king boo is looking likely at e3

Laniv

Smash Lord
Honestly? This late in the game, I don't think LM3 is getting a spirit event. Interpret that however you will.

...This late in the game, and nobody's capitalized on the obvious "spirit" joke.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Honestly? This late in the game, I don't think LM3 is getting a spirit event. Interpret that however you will.

...This late in the game, and nobody's capitalized on the obvious "spirit" joke.
im honestly surprised no one has used the spirit joke because king boo is literally a spirit guess they will get in spirit when king boo is in XD

Laniv

Smash Lord
Yes, keep up that optimism! Even if we don't make it for this game, we should keep supporting King Boo for future Smash games!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
King Boo is exactly the same thing as Byleth was before the reveal. I told everyone a three houses character was coming, though I was on team Edelgard at the time, and everyone dismissed it because it didn't fit their unrealistic expectations. I got flamed and harassed over PM, and people called me out randomly in threads when I hadn't posted in weeks just to complain that I would dare to predict a fire emblem character. But low and behold, Byleth got in. And I told everyone that missing spirit events are a VERY significant indicator of a newcomer. King Boo is the exact same situation, except now there's precedence with Byleth and more examples of all Nintendo releases getting events. The only difference is that I didn't even want King Boo when I first started predicting him. It was only after I started coming here because of the missing spirits and saw a bunch of movesets and stuff that I actually wanted it. Just like Byleth, people are looking for excuses for the missing spirit event to mean nothing because they don't want King Boo. There is literally not one single other explanation for why LM3 didn't get a spirit event. It's not an obsession, it's just looking at the obvious evidence. I'm going to be absolutely floored if he's not in. That said, I already got spoiled with 7 out of my top 10 most wanted, so I'm not even going to be upset if it doesn't happen, just surprised.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
King Boo is exactly the same thing as Byleth was before the reveal. I told everyone a three houses character was coming, though I was on team Edelgard at the time, and everyone dismissed it because it didn't fit their unrealistic expectations. I got flamed and harassed over PM, and people called me out randomly in threads when I hadn't posted in weeks just to complain that I would dare to predict a fire emblem character. But low and behold, Byleth got in. And I told everyone that missing spirit events are a VERY significant indicator of a newcomer. King Boo is the exact same situation, except now there's precedence with Byleth and more examples of all Nintendo releases getting events. The only difference is that I didn't even want King Boo when I first started predicting him. It was only after I started coming here because of the missing spirits and saw a bunch of movesets and stuff that I actually wanted it. Just like Byleth, people are looking for excuses for the missing spirit event to mean nothing because they don't want King Boo. There is literally not one single other explanation for why LM3 didn't get a spirit event. It's not an obsession, it's just looking at the obvious evidence. I'm going to be absolutely floored if he's not in. That said, I already got spoiled with 7 out of my top 10 most wanted, so I'm not even going to be upset if it doesn't happen, just surprised.
id say those people owe you an apology. its hardly your fault sakurai is obsessed with FE

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean no one should be flaming anyone over a video game. It's just ridiculous how mad people get about smash speculation.
indeed, people get far too carried away with speculation. no other video games seems to generate this sort of thing not even other huge crossovers.

Laniv

Smash Lord
I will say this with regards to Fire Emblem: I feel like at some point, we gotta admit that Fire Emblem is much like Pokémon in that a newcomer is probably going to happen.

To bring the conversation back to King Boo, the weirdest thing I ever heard about him was that he can't get in because he's constantly floating. Like... what??

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I will say this with regards to Fire Emblem: I feel like at some point, we gotta admit that Fire Emblem is much like Pokémon in that a newcomer is probably going to happen.

To bring the conversation back to King Boo, the weirdest thing I ever heard about him was that he can't get in because he's constantly floating. Like... what??
that is an odd one

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Yeah, I've heard that one. Bowser Junior says hi. It reminds me of "Ridley can't get in because he can fly indefinitely" when we already had Charizard, Kirby, Meta Knight, and King dedede.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Is you're petraman, the reason you were banned was likely spam and trolling. You essentially did nothing but say King Boo is in like it's a matter of fact.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
meanwhile, I just copped luigi mansion 3. I’ve already played the other 2 so I wanted to experience the whole trilogy

edit: it’s pretty good

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
I just now realized that Luigi's Mansion turns 20 this year, so it'll be a twofer if King Boo gets revealed.

Top Bottom