• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Laniv

Smash Lord
Thought up a concept for a King Boo trailer that picks up where the Belmonts' trailer left off. It also acts as a parody of Ridley's trailer

The camera fades in on a long, empty hallway in another part of Dracula's Castle. Luigi (who is now restored to his normal self) is walking nervously, Poltergust on his back and his flashlight pointed forward, while Simon and Richter follow closely behind, whips and crosses at the ready and looking around for any more of Dracula's forces.

1619750242863.png

(Screenshot for reference, pretend it's Luigi Simon and Richter in their places)

Suddenly, two white shapes snatch Richter off-screen, where he is shoved into some... box-looking thing. The same occurs to Simon, where it switches to his POV as a... picture frame... is brought closer to the screen.

The scene cuts back to Luigi, whose hands are now shaking. He abruptly pauses, sensing that something is off. He swallows hard. Quick as a whip, he turns around...

1619750634110.png

1619750658272.png

...to find nothing but a unused bottle of Holy Water.

Luigi is now quite literally shaking in his boots. He calls out into the darkness. "Hello?"

No answer. A drop of sweat rolls down the plumber's temple. ...Wait, what's that shape behind him?

"Yoo-hoo?"

Still nothing. His heartbeat quickens. The shape draws ever nearer.

"...M-M-Mario?"

An all-too-familiar laugh rings out. Luigi's eyes grow wide and he nearly drops his flashlight. Slowly he turns around to meet the face of the foe that has haunted him for so long.

1619751378247.png

King Boo Joins the Fright!!

King Boo laughs as he shows off the newest additions to his collection: portaits of Simon and Richter, alongside a portrait of Mario. He then reveals an empty painting with a devilish grin, leaving no room for interpretation as to who it's for.

Cue Luigi's scream and gameplay footage

After the logo, it shows Luigi on the roof of Dracula's Castle, still scared out of his wits but ready to fight, pointing the Poltergust at the lunging King Boo.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Question: which Luigi's Mansion 3 character would be the Legend-class support spirit with a unique ability? I'm thinking Hellen Gravely

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Either her or gooigi but I just realized something do the dlc fighters have a icon name tag because there's one for boo but not one for king boo but the boo icon which is the same design as the boo spirit upgrades into the dark moon king boo spirit but why not add the icon unless they been planning to put it with king boo in smash thought of this today and wonder why didn't the icon tag thing didn't show up considering luigi's mansion series was marketed a lot before smash ultimate release.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Either her or gooigi but I just realized something do the dlc fighters have a icon name tag because there's one for boo but not one for king boo but the boo icon which is the same design as the boo spirit upgrades into the dark moon king boo spirit but why not add the icon unless they been planning to put it with king boo in smash thought of this today and wonder why didn't the icon tag thing didn't show up considering luigi's mansion series was marketed a lot before smash ultimate release.

Gooigi as a Legend Class? that's new

Anyway, are you referring to the friend icons for online modes? Because I'm certain all dlc characters have at least two

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
im talking about the icons you see when you fight someone online the smash tag things

Laniv

Smash Lord
im talking about the icons you see when you fight someone online the smash tag things
The smash tag icons? DLC characters have those, as does the Boo spirit

King Boo, despite his spirit being the advanced form of boo's spirit, does not have a smash tag icon.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
The smash tag icons? DLC characters have those, as does the Boo spirit

King Boo, despite his spirit being the advanced form of boo's spirit, does not have a smash tag icon.
you'd think it would its so odd geno and waluigi have theirs

Laniv

Smash Lord
Starting to think that King Boo is severely under-discussed in speculation. For a moderately popular Mario character, you'd think he'd be talked about a little bit more

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Starting to think that King Boo is severely under-discussed in speculation. For a moderately popular Mario character, you'd think he'd be talked about a little bit more
He is very under-dicussed period even in smash 4 its only gotten better in ultimate but with how things are i'm surprised more people are not mentioning him as a possible rep

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
its cause everyone too busy focusing on mr meme and captain nostalgia bait

Laniv

Smash Lord
Yeah, King Boo is kinda overshadowed by other characters

I'll be honest, these thoughts were brought on by the thought that we still don't have a Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit event, even though plenty of other major Nintendo games have gotten spirit events soon after their release. The only one to my knowledge that didn't was Fire Emblem Three Houses, and you know what happened there.

And in spite of that, King Boo mostly goes ignored in speculation... Hmm.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, King Boo is kinda overshadowed by other characters

I'll be honest, these thoughts were brought on by the thought that we still don't have a Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit event, even though plenty of other major Nintendo games have gotten spirit events soon after their release. The only one to my knowledge that didn't was Fire Emblem Three Houses, and you know what happened there.

And in spite of that, King Boo mostly goes ignored in speculation... Hmm.
well the way I see it there’s only a handful of reasonable explanations

1 king boo is in
2 sakurai disliked lm3
3 next level games don’t like sakurai
4 for some reason the purchase of next level games prevented it
5 Luigi having the poltergust in smash was good enough in the same way Yoshi having an alt for crafted world may have been enough there

now I doubt any of them stand up to scrutiny

Last edited:

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman

1 king boo is in
2 sakurai disliked lm3
5 Luigi having the poltergust in smash was good enough in the same way Yoshi having an alt for crafted world may have been enough there

its #1 dab

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

1 king boo is in
2 sakurai disliked lm3

Are 2 & 3 true?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

1 king boo is in
2 sakurai disliked lm3

1 or 5 are the only ones that seem even somewhat plausible to me, and even then I have several arguments against 5.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Oh, really? Genuinely curious, what arguments do you have against 5?
For one, I would say that Crafted World had an actual spirit of yarn Yoshi while LM3 had no spirits despite being referenced in Luigi's moveset. I would also say that Crafted World may not have gotten anything because the characters are just craft versions of characters that already have spirits in the game. Between that and the yarn Yoshi spirit, a crafted world event seems kind of pointless. Conversely Luigi's Mansion 3 has no spirits, over a dozen unique original characters to make spirits out of, and was a significantly higher profile game than Crafted World to boot.

Laniv

Smash Lord
For one, I would say that Crafted World had an actual spirit of yarn Yoshi while LM3 had no spirits despite being referenced in Luigi's moveset. I would also say that Crafted World may not have gotten anything because the characters are just craft versions of characters that already have spirits in the game. Between that and the yarn Yoshi spirit, a crafted world event seems kind of pointless. Conversely Luigi's Mansion 3 has no spirits, over a dozen unique original characters to make spirits out of, and was a significantly higher profile game than Crafted World to boot.
Thank you! And wow, reading this made me realize that the Poltergeist G-00 isn't a spirit in the game, despite being Luigi's Final Smash.

By contrast, Luigi's Poltergust 5000 is a spirit, and certain other Final Smashes also exist as spirits (K. Rool's Blast-o-Matic comes to mind).

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
well some reveal have debunked some fan rules so id say in those cases
you get those people that say either we wont get another 1st party or that king boo is a meme pick because im a popular person on a discord spreading the word of king boo and some people still think im doing it as some sort of meme but if anything why is it always geno and waluigi that gets the pass

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you get those people that say either we wont get another 1st party or that king boo is a meme pick because im a popular person on a discord spreading the word of king boo and some people still think im doing it as some sort of meme but if anything why is it always geno and waluigi that gets the pass
They learn I never said they remember

Top Bottom