• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
From further look it seems like king boo was never gonna be in the purple spirit event because none of the spirits listed are a advanced spirit even if he was purple
Problem is that King Boo doesn't have a spirit battle because he's just an upgrade of the Boo spirit (which makes no sense by the way, that's like making Bowser the upgrade for a Koopa spirit). I assume that's why he wasn't included, though I am still predicting him for one of the last 2.

Edit: I think I misunderstood your post. I guess I'm just agreeing with you.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Problem is that King Boo doesn't have a spirit battle because he's just an upgrade of the Boo spirit (which makes no sense by the way, that's like making Bowser the upgrade for a Koopa spirit). I assume that's why he wasn't included, though I am still predicting him for one of the last 2.

Edit: I think I misunderstood your post. I guess I'm just agreeing with you.
There’s quite a few spirits like that isn’t there?

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Im happy to see hope for king boo as one of the last 2 but i do lean more towards 10 over 11 but we shall see

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sure enough, Bowser's Fury got a spirit event, and still no noteworthy LM3 in sight besides G-00 throws.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Sure enough, Bowser's Fury got a spirit event, and still no noteworthy LM3 in sight besides G-00 throws.

There's literally no other explanation for this. I know people bring up Mario Maker, but at least there are reasonable explanations that can be suggested for why that didn't get one even if some disagree. There is simply no reason they would not have done a LM3 event unless they were tying it to a playable character.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's literally no other explanation for this. I know people bring up Mario Maker, but at least there are reasonable explanations that can be suggested for why that didn't get one even if some disagree. There is simply no reason they would not have done a LM3 event unless they were tying it to a playable character.
Ya know, this makes me think about something.

As much as the missing URL number theory isn't much to go on from for possible evidence of post-FP2 content (if one ignores the three empty spots for stages stuff), it might make sense if they wanted King Boo as an extra character, using a safe series pick that still manages to bring in new content at the same time and becomes obvious in hindsight. Have a hard time seeing him as someone saved for E3, even if that event got a double-reveal.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
For comparison, Fire Emblem: Three Houses came out in July of 2019, and went half a year with no spirits until Byleth happened in January 2020.

Luigi's Mansion 3 came out in October 2019, and so far, has gone almost a year and a half with nothing to show for it.

Either Sakurai forgot, or something big is coming.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
is it any other people besides me?

this is our first spirit event for a port isnt it?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yes, which lends credence to my argument that Mario Maker didn't get a spirit event because it didn't have new characters to make into spirits.
sakurai will turn anything into a spirit. though no one can deny that the lack LM3 spirits at this point is just weird, all the other major first party switch titles got them except MM2 and aces i think. so if these are signs they all point to a mario character so who could blame you all for being hopeful.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
sakurai will turn anything into a spirit. though no one can deny that the lack LM3 spirits at this point is just weird, all the other major first party switch titles got them except MM2 and aces i think. so if these are signs they all point to a mario character so who could blame you all for being hopeful.
They actually did add Aces spirits. It's just LM and Mario Maker. And you're completely misunderstanding my point with the Mario Maker spirits. It's not that there's nothing that could be a spirit. It's that there's nothing new in it that couldn't have been a spirit in base game. Even the random blocks with enemies on them that you suggested (which I still think would make no sense as a spirit) could have been in base as Mario Maker 1 spirits. We have never gotten a spirit in a new nintendo game event of something that existed before the new game. Hopefully that didn't sound agressive, as I don't mean it that way.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
They actually did add Aces spirits. It's just LM and Mario Maker. And you're completely misunderstanding my point with the Mario Maker spirits. It's not that there's nothing that could be a spirit. It's that there's nothing new in it that couldn't have been a spirit in base game. Even the random blocks with enemies on them that you suggested (which I still think would make no sense as a spirit) could have been in base as Mario Maker 1 spirits. We have never gotten a spirit in a new nintendo game event of something that existed before the new game. Hopefully that didn't sound agressive, as I don't mean it that way.
well my point is the switch games that didnt get spirit events are so few and far between cant blame people for thinking its suspect.

i do not remember the aces event at all

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
well remember that LM is treated as part of the greater mario series in smash so as far as the smash team are concerned it has more stuff than arms
I feel like LM has become enough of its own thing that it should be treated as a sperate series like Yoshi and Wario. Maybe King Boo being added will make that change.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I feel like LM has become enough of its own thing that it should be treated as a sperate series like Yoshi and Wario. Maybe King Boo being added will make that change.
perhaps it would have been had luigi not been added before LM came out

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, Smash is known for keeping some old trends that don't make much sense in this day and age.

Final Fantasy's logo in-game never changed to reflect FF7 even after Seph got in, so I can't see the staff go to that much effort for Luigi's Mansion in the event it gets a character to fully represent it.

Besides, we're starting to run out of major Mario characters, so having King Boo under the Mario branding would compensate for Piranha Plant, in some people's eyes. The guy still shows up in spin-offs like Mario Kart anyways

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yeah, Smash is known for keeping some old trends that don't make much sense in this day and age.

Final Fantasy's logo in-game never changed to reflect FF7 even after Seph got in, so I can't see the staff go to that much effort for Luigi's Mansion in the event it gets a character to fully represent it.

Besides, we're starting to run out of major Mario characters, so having King Boo under the Mario branding would compensate for Piranha Plant, in some people's eyes. The guy still shows up in spin-offs like Mario Kart anyways
Maybe once they put him in smash we'll start getting the real King Boo in spinoffs instead of the Walmart brand one.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I know a Mario kart alt has been suggested here, but I REALLY don't want that. Mario kart King Boo is just objectively worse, and I don't want the real one tarnished by it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I thought you were joking. In mario kart he just looks like a boo with a crown. His unique design from LM is entirely ruined.
well I’m not to bothered by it though out of the 3 looks he’s got it is my least favourite so I’d say have his current look with his original look as an alt. But they are the same character just with a different look

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
well I’m not to bothered by it though out of the 3 looks he’s got it is my least favourite so I’d say have his current look with his original look as an alt. But they are the same character just with a different look
I never said it was a different character. I just said it was the bland version.

Top Bottom