• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't entirely agree with that, but I get your point. I'm just saying the same thing I told people when Fire Emblem didn't get a spirit event. So far we have a sample size of three and one got a character. I probably wouldn't feel so strongly about it if I didn't spend months fending off angry FE haters when I called Byleth based on the same thing.
that is fair. though in my case i always see FE is an exception to whatever rules sakurai is playing with.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One should not underestimate the possibility of Nintendo wanting something new for their biggest series, especially following after said series' 35th.

I just wouldn't necessarily expect FP9 to be when we see a Mario character, is all. Typically some of the DLC newcomers came later rather than sooner regarding whatever they advertised, especially Min Min and even Byleth. So I wouldn't be shocked if they showed up last.

Well, also, it's probably just that MM/2 doesn't really have much of anything interesting to add that wasn't already seen in other Mario games beyond, what, the Undodog? Maybe we'll see that if there's a spirit event about dogs, I guess.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, also, it's probably just that MM/2 doesn't really have much of anything interesting to add that wasn't already seen in other Mario games beyond, what, the Undodog? Maybe we'll see that if there's a spirit event about dogs, I guess.
so you wouldnt be up for spirits based on the various mash ups you can make?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
if they can make a spirit event out of five tetris blocks they can make a spirit event out of this stuff

That's just stacking enemies on top of each other. I don't really care about getting the "koopa on top of a magikoopa on top of a bobomb" spirit.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And sure enough we got another pointless spirit event, this time it's about yellow things.

At this stage, in terms of Mario events we'd be lucky if we even got anything beyond Bowser's Fury.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's just stacking enemies on top of each other. I don't really care about getting the "koopa on top of a magikoopa on top of a bobomb" spirit.
and? just cause you dont care doesnt mean they couldnt have made a spirit event out of it

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You really think they would have made that a spirit? Koopa on top of a magikoopa on top of a bobomb? Come on.
well if they wanted to be reflective of Mario makers mash up nature then I don’t see why not. No stranger than having spirits of Tetris blocks, power ups and that one with four characters in a canone

and all the other group spirits

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
well if they wanted to be reflective of Mario makers mash up nature then I don’t see why not. No stranger than having spirits of Tetris blocks, power ups and that one with four characters in a canone

and all the other group spirits
Tetris blocks is at least just one thing. Look at the first thing you posted, the "Koopas standing on a construct of blocks and pipes with a wiggler crawling out of it" spirit. What would they even call it? That's so far beyond the Mario crew in a canoe. It's not a group spirit it's a whole scenario. They wouldn't do that for the same reason they didn't make a "Mist heals Ike while he fights the Black Knight" spirit or a "Samus uses the ice beam to freeze an enemy into a platform while space pirates shoot at her from below" spirit. You want a bob omb with wings spirit? Sure, though it's a boring choice. But the random conglomerations of Mario stuff don't make any kind of sense for a spirit. Keep in mind, they also could have done that in base game based on the original Mario Maker but they didn't, and there's a reason for that.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Tetris blocks is at least just one thing. Look at the first thing you posted, the "Koopas standing on a construct of blocks and pipes with a wiggler crawling out of it" spirit. What would they even call it? That's so far beyond the Mario crew in a canoe. It's not a group spirit it's a whole scenario. They wouldn't do that for the same reason they didn't make a "Mist heals Ike while he fights the Black Knight" spirit or a "Samus uses the ice beam to freeze an enemy into a platform while space pirates shoot at her from below" spirit. You want a bob omb with wings spirit? Sure, though it's a boring choice. But the random conglomerations of Mario stuff don't make any kind of sense for a spirit. Keep in mind, they also could have done that in base game based on the original Mario Maker but they didn't, and there's a reason for that.
for one thing they could call it mario maker mash up and for another we spend a lot of time on this forum wondering what they call certain things. It’s not scenario it’s an example of what you can do in the game. As for having spirits like this from the first game well artwork depicting these mash ups were more common in 2. Also you can’t claim there is a reason when you don’t know what it is, we’ve no idea why we didn’t get a spirit event, we have theories but no proof. So you can’t say they didn’t do it because they wouldn’t do it because you have no way of knowing that.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
for one thing they could call it mario maker mash up and for another we spend a lot of time on this forum wondering what they call certain things. It’s not scenario it’s an example of what you can do in the game. As for having spirits like this from the first game well artwork depicting these mash ups were more common in 2. Also you can’t claim there is a reason when you don’t know what it is, we’ve no idea why we didn’t get a spirit event, we have theories but no proof. So you can’t say they didn’t do it because they wouldn’t do it because you have no way of knowing that.
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So I never actually found out, are you a supporter or do you just kinda hang out here? No problem if it's the latter, I'm just wondering.
i do support king boo hes currently my number 2 for a new mario character. im just an inherent pessimist who tries to advocate being rational

Laniv

Smash Lord
Okay here's to the 0.001% chance that King Boo is tomorrow's reveal

Laniv

Smash Lord
Another Tuesday, another spirit event that isn't Luigi's Mansion 3. This time it's Bravely Default 2

Laniv

Smash Lord
...Do you ever get the feeling that Luigi's Mansion 3 may have simply been forgotten?

I ask because Pyra and Mythra came, and no Elma costume came with them, or anything related to Xenoblade X, and I fear that LM3 may be going the same way.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
...Do you ever get the feeling that Luigi's Mansion 3 may have simply been forgotten?

I ask because Pyra and Mythra came, and no Elma costume came with them, or anything related to Xenoblade X, and I fear that LM3 may be going the same way.
Xenoblade X likely has copyright issues with its music thanks to sawano.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

I have a feeling that sakurai thinks the Plunger from the Poltergust G-00 is enough representation for Luigi's Mansion 3, But in actuality, the game should get some more recognitio, the series as a whole in smash.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
do we know that the 3rd party composer owns the tight to the X music?
Its just speculation, but given the composer and the nature of the music in general, and the fact it has nothing in smash. Its the general consensus.

Although I admit I'm not an expert

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

I would be more concerned about it if Xenoblade X came out after Ultimate's release (or at least a definitive edition). Though in reality if that happened I would expect both Elma and King Boo.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
While I would love to take that as evidence, it also doesn't have Waluigi.
Nevermind, I was mistaken. The only other character blatantly missing is Rayman, which is interesting because Rayman and King Boo are my predictions for the last two fighters. Still doubt it means anything but that's interesting.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nevermind, I was mistaken. The only other character blatantly missing is Rayman, which is interesting because Rayman and King Boo are my predictions for the last two fighters. Still doubt it means anything but that's interesting.
hmm that wouldnt be too bad a last couple characters, not great but not bad

Top Bottom