• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm still fairly certain King Boo is in. Luigi's Mansion 3 is the only Nintendo game that didn't get a spirit event. I seriously can't believe they're saving it for a costume. The whole point of these spirit events is to promote new games. Why waste that critical release window because a gooigi costume is coming in a year and a half? I said the same thing when Three Houses missed it's spirit event and everyone called me crazy.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm still fairly certain King Boo is in. Luigi's Mansion 3 is the only Nintendo game that didn't get a spirit event. I seriously can't believe they're saving it for a costume. The whole point of these spirit events is to promote new games. Why waste that critical release window because a gooigi costume is coming in a year and a half? I said the same thing when Three Houses missed it's spirit event and everyone called me crazy.
super mario maker 2 didnt get one, neither did dragalia lost, mario kart tour, hyrule warriors ages of calamity

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
LM3 was promoted by Smash in a different way.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What way is that? If you're referring to the Simon trailer, that wasn't exactly promoting it since it wasn't announced until like half a year later.
i think they mean the poulter gust g-00 being in the game and the fact that luigi shoots plungers for a grab

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
i think they mean the poulter gust g-00 being in the game and the fact that luigi shoots plungers for a grab
I mean, Mario has a builder costume but Mario Maker 2 got an event. I don't see why that would make them not do a spirit event when they did it for every other game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean, Mario has a builder costume but Mario Maker 2 got an event. I don't see why that would make them not do a spirit event when they did it for every other game.
but it wasnt the only game not to get one, true a lot of them where mobile game which so far has one song between all of them but the point still stands. MM2 did not get an event

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
sakuari tweeted about i think its pictochats birthday and they show this image i see a ghost like a boo IS KING BOO IN
1608521877563.png

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
King boo would be particularly cool IMO. You got my support. As long as he looks like he does in the Luigi mansion series, not the Wallmart brand King boo.

And as much as I love my third parties, More Nintendo characters is always a plus for me.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seeing as spin-offs tend to be inexplicably ignored (at least regarding some characters), at least it should make things somewhat easier if the LM developers are directly owned by Nintendo.

At any rate, this acquisition makes sense. Not only did Luigi's Mansion 3 perform pretty well, Next Level Games really only makes Nintendo stuff these days.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Seeing as spin-offs tend to be inexplicably ignored (at least regarding some characters), at least it should make things somewhat easier if the LM developers are directly owned by Nintendo.

At any rate, this acquisition makes sense. Not only did Luigi's Mansion 3 perform pretty well, Next Level Games really only makes Nintendo stuff these days.
even before then it was mostly licenced stuff need to double check. though i imagine a support thread for that robot mascot will be cropping up

p.s. that pic of kirby eating sepiroth in your avatar is hilarious

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Also interesting to note is that Luigi’s mansion still hasn’t received a spirit event and yet today Hyrule warriors did.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
interesting news we just keep on winning baby dlc 9 is our time
You might want to adjust your expectations a tad, because that's the perfect way to tempt fate.

Also interesting to note is that Luigi’s mansion still hasn’t received a spirit event and yet today Hyrule warriors did.
Age of Calamity, to be specific. Still curious nonetheless though, but I'll still wait and see how this pans out by Halloween (yet again).

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
im 100% going in no matter who is in no reason to stop now king boo is in march is our destination

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
but it wasnt the only game not to get one, true a lot of them where mobile game which so far has one song between all of them but the point still stands. MM2 did not get an event
I could have sworn MM2 got one, but even if not, it also didn't create any new characters so there really weren't spirits to add that couldn't have just been in base. Also you can't make an argument, point out why it doesn't work, and then say "but the point still stands". Mobile games are generally not represented in smash as you said yourself. They don't count. No matter what way you look at it, LM3 is the odd one out.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
indeed its the odd one out and we got some mario stuff coming in February and march its our destination for dlc 9

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I could have sworn MM2 got one, but even if not, it also didn't create any new characters so there really weren't spirits to add that couldn't have just been in base. Also you can't make an argument, point out why it doesn't work, and then say "but the point still stands". Mobile games are generally not represented in smash as you said yourself. They don't count. No matter what way you look at it, LM3 is the odd one out.
there may not have been any new characters but doesnt mean they couldt add spirits. after all our first few spirits events all had spirits of characters who were already spirits. also many of the characters from the first MM didnt have spirits in the base game anyway so they could have added those. im not saying it isnt weird that they are the only two major nintendo switch releases not to get spirit events i just dont think we should look for signs. its a very easy way to get burned.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even if the Spirit Team can add Mario Maker 2 stuff, it's entirely their decision. If they actually wanted to do so, we would have gotten them by now, instead of recycling the same spirits ad nauseam for months.

Sometimes I wonder if they actually aren't doing anything at all and actually programmed some sort of algorithm that makes spirit sets at random.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
there may not have been any new characters but doesnt mean they couldt add spirits. after all our first few spirits events all had spirits of characters who were already spirits. also many of the characters from the first MM didnt have spirits in the base game anyway so they could have added those. im not saying it isnt weird that they are the only two major nintendo switch releases not to get spirit events i just dont think we should look for signs. its a very easy way to get burned.
I don't entirely agree with that, but I get your point. I'm just saying the same thing I told people when Fire Emblem didn't get a spirit event. So far we have a sample size of three and one got a character. I probably wouldn't feel so strongly about it if I didn't spend months fending off angry FE haters when I called Byleth based on the same thing.

Top Bottom