• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Laniv

Smash Champion
Here's a question: would you want King Boo to have any special abilities like Hero with his MP gauge or Terry with his GO! power? If so, what would you want to see?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Here's a question: would you want King Boo to have any special abilities like Hero with his MP gauge or Terry with his GO! power? If so, what would you want to see?
I reckon play with levitation, maybe something like what Dr Coyle has in arms

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
On the topic of Paper Mario, I find it interesting King Boo has never appeared in those games, unless you count Paper Jam.

He's a pretty notable character and we've seen Gooper Blooper and Petey Pirahna show up, why not King Boo?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the king shall rise indeed
or gooigi will steal his crown

On the topic of Paper Mario, I find it interesting King Boo has never appeared in those games, unless you count Paper Jam.

He's a pretty notable character and we've seen Gooper Blooper and Petey Pirahna show up, why not King Boo?
that is an interesting point. perhaps theyre saving him for paper luigi

Laniv

Smash Champion
Really starting to think that King Boo might be a sleeper pick

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
theres this theory called 3 theory going around potentially something happening on september 3rd but we shall see maybe a direct idk maybe mario direct with a smash rep we shall see maybe king boo who knows

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Just wanted to say you have my support. As long as we get the REAL King Boo (Luigi's Mansion) design. I will be happy. King Boo is definitely in my top 10 of Nintendo villains.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Well i was right but wrong we got a mario direct but no smash reveal god wheres dlc 7 no LM3 spirit event still

Laniv

Smash Champion
So if King Boo were to get his own victory theme, what do you think it would be?

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
we slowly getting to october idk man but it might line up with king boo in smash but it probally is just a LM3 event on halloween

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I've always wanted to see another Mario/Luigi's Mansion villain in Super Smash Bros. Heck, I can tell he would be fun to play as! :)
Not to mention, but if he had different variants of Boo, I would wanna play as this one:

Last edited:

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Tons of people are saying dlc 7 is this week or next week and theres still no LM3 spirit event and based on what i know a spirit event has already happened and they go in 2 week segments and the next week is gonna be some tournament event so if this is true we are going into dlc 7 with no spirit event and i think king boo is in bois #ohyaitsallcomingtogether

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
You know, if the rumblings are true and we're getting the next character in October, that'll be the perfect time to reveal King Boo

at any rate, it'll be more perfect than releasing LM3 on halloween so if he gets in we'll have the whole month to play as him

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i hope his reveal trailer is a continuation of the belmonts one where luigi gets pay back on simon for leaving him to die

Laniv

Smash Champion
i hope his reveal trailer is a continuation of the belmonts one where luigi gets pay back on simon for leaving him to die
I can imagine it now...

Luigi finally getting his body back and catching up to Simon and Richter, only for the candles to go out. When Luigi finally manages to light them again, Simon and Richter are gone. As he looks around, a curtain catches his eye. He pulls on it to reveal Simon, Richter, and Mario(!) all trapped in paintings! Slowly, Luigi reaches out for Mario's painting, only for them to suddenly disappear and then...!

King Boo Brings the Fright!!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I can imagine it now...

Luigi finally getting his body back and catching up to Simon and Richter, only for the candles to go out. When Luigi finally manages to light them again, Simon and Richter are gone. As he looks around, a curtain catches his eye. He pulls on it to reveal Simon, Richter, and Mario(!) all trapped in paintings! Slowly, Luigi reaches out for Mario's painting, only for them to suddenly disappear and then...!

King Boo Brings the Fright!!
i had a similar idea only with king boo catching the belmonts by accident while trying to catch luigi

Laniv

Smash Champion
Bit of an odd question for a small thing I'm doing: what color would you associate King Boo with?

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
is it strange how the vacuum spirit in the game is from LM2 but the LM3 vacuum is in the game as as luigis grab wouldnt it make sense for the spirit to be from LM3

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Throwing in my support for the king.

Luigi's Mansion was one of.my first video gsmes (it was even the first game I ever played that had Mario in it, and it had Luigi as the star instead) and King Boo was one of the first video game villains I knew. Dude's an awesome villain (and also my Matio Kart main) and deserves more love.

Top Bottom