• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
yep, thats the fourth one
and they are getting spirits? maybe it's me but i know final fantasy and dragon quest were expansive to get representation meanwhile the former gets the stick in the mud. is the mana series something that isn't all to difficult to use?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
and they are getting spirits? maybe it's me but i know final fantasy and dragon quest were expansive to get representation meanwhile the former gets the stick in the mud. is the mana series something that isn't all to difficult to use?
i think mana is a bit more of a niche franchise, with only about three games and one of them only just coming outside of japan shortly before its remake a few months ago, so it probably is easier to use than FF and DQ

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
In terms of Mario series event spirits, I believe we've had Mario Party and Peachette

Laniv

Smash Lord
Threw this together cause I thought it was funny
1588479867675.png

1588479889676.png

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Since Brawl, I have wanted Boo to replace Jigglypuff.

They would easily function in tandem, moveset wise.

Lick instead of punch, shy intangible hide instead of sing,
and best of all, instead of rollout, a charged Boo attack, where he dances in place and then launches at the opponent.
Not gonna lie, I'm a bit bummed this got no likes.King Boo isnt the same as Boo- but Boo could even be an echo of Jiggs.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So the LM3 dlc came and went with no spirit event. And the Halloween theory is nonsense because the game actually released on Halloween. So either they'll randomly drop a LM3 event for no reason half a year after the release or King Boo is in.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Paper Mario isn't out yet. Why would we expect a spirit event before release? If you're saying there might not be one when it does come out then I'm not really sure what your point is considering that's true for every Nintendo game.

Sorry, I forgot to make that a reply fogbadge fogbadge

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Paper Mario isn't out yet. Why would we expect a spirit event before release? If you're saying there might not be one when it does come out then I'm not really sure what your point is considering that's true for every Nintendo game.

Sorry, I forgot to make that a reply fogbadge fogbadge
really it was just a joke, personally i would quite like an origami king even come july

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
really it was just a joke, personally i would quite like an origami king even come july
Oh, okay that makes more sense. I think honestly that Paper Mario would be really hard to market as dlc anyway. To long time Nintendo fans there are a ton of obvious differences between him and regular Mario, but to the casual it's like "wait another Mario? Is this a costume or something?"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Reminder to use smilies when joking, intent is hard to read online with only text. :4pacman:

That being said, it's not common for a spirit event to coincide perfectly with the game it promotes (like Trials of Mana's did), so I wouldn't be shocked if one for Origami King wouldn't come until after Summer.

Oh, okay that makes more sense. I think honestly that Paper Mario would be really hard to market as dlc anyway. To long time Nintendo fans there are a ton of obvious differences between him and regular Mario, but to the casual it's like "wait another Mario? Is this a costume or something?"
They wouldn't be ones to talk. :ultdoc:

At any rate, there probably isn't any hurry to upgrade that version of Mario into playable yet anyway, as long as there's still some noteworthy regular Mario characters to use.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Reminder to use smilies when joking, intent is hard to read online with only text. :4pacman:

That being said, it's not common for a spirit event to coincide perfectly with the game it promotes (like Trials of Mana's did), so I wouldn't be shocked if one for Origami King wouldn't come until after Summer.

They wouldn't be ones to talk. :ultdoc:

At any rate, there probably isn't any hurry to upgrade that version of Mario into playable yet anyway, as long as there's still some noteworthy regular Mario characters to use.
That's the thing though. Dr. Mario is a clone. To a casual gamer who has never heard of paper Mario, it would be underwhelming and confusing. To be honest, I do want to see paper Mario playable one day, I just think the dlc would be a hard sell to a lot of uninformed people.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's the thing though. Dr. Mario is a clone. To a casual gamer who has never heard of paper Mario, it would be underwhelming and confusing. To be honest, I do want to see paper Mario playable one day, I just think the dlc would be a hard sell to a lot of uninformed people.
A lot of characters are a hard sell to uninformed people. PM is barely that much different in this sense (especially since it's goshdarn Mario, anything directly featuring him would sell like hotcakes even if he could wind up being the only one to have downloadable alts at some point).

Besides, I'm fairly certain that like with :ultbyleth:, they'd make sure to release a related game first so that folks are more or less familiarised with the character.

Oh, and nowadays Sak explains wherever a character came from. If he can sum up the whole history of the Neo Geo just to sell new players on the concept of :ult_terry:, then surely having to present a flat 2D version of Mario is no less of an issue.

Only reason why Paper Mario could only get a spirit event this time is if they decide to focus on other series in the meantime, nothing more than that.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
maybe but there does seem to be a couple dlc characters who were in the more risky area, terry a character whos popularity was not as far spread as others and byleth who is a character that represents things that people think are over represented

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
min min is in SPIRIT ARGUEMENT DEAD WE DID IT BOIS king boo could be in

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
King Boo was highlighted on the Nintendo News channel alongside other villains

IMG_20200626_212548.jpg
IMG_20200626_212546.jpg

A nice little bit of exposure for him :)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
you'd be surprised just how popular ring fit adventure actually is. It is consistently soldout, though that is partially due to the virus, I'd imagine.
it's too bad they have spirits in the game right now, though nintendo could still put the ring fit adventurer in.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I support, i want more spooky lads in smash.

I'd say Gengar would be a pretty good fit for this role aswell but another gen 1 pokemon ? I don't know about that chief.
Get me Luigi's hotel as a stage and you have yourself a deal, Mr Sakuman.

Top Bottom