• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I got a better track record, for what it's worth. :ultisabelle:

That aside, do you figure that the shield and crouch animations for King Boo would be him covering his eyes? That'd be funny.
well i got 3 right for both brawl and smash 4 so only two this time isnt bad i guess

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
well i got 3 right for both brawl and smash 4 so only two this time isnt bad i guess
Let me guess, Inkling and Dark Samus. Two of the most predictable characters of all time (which is weird to say about Dark Samus but what ever)

Still kinda surprised none of the big fan favourites that got in wasn't on your list, or even Simon. On maybe you made prediction before the games announcement and basing it purely on that?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Personally it's better to have a Top 10 list made out of some of your favorites that you'd like to see get in. Which isn't too shabby since I got :ultkrool: and :ultsimon: out of it so far.

On a side note, looks like there's no spirit event this week. LM3 remains safe for the time being.

That said...

What specific gimmick do you think King Boo can work with to make him stand out? Although I acknowledge that the topic may have been brought up here.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Let me guess, Inkling and Dark Samus. Two of the most predictable characters of all time (which is weird to say about Dark Samus but what ever)

Still kinda surprised none of the big fan favourites that got in wasn't on your list, or even Simon. On maybe you made prediction before the games announcement and basing it purely on that?
it was inkling and k.rool, splatoons success and popularity made convinced they get in and after ridley was revealed i was convinced k.rool would turn up. i wasnt really willing to try and predict anyone else cause i was already giving up on trying to predict

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I predicted Ridley, K Rool, Banjo, a Three Houses character, and Joker all before any leaks. I think Inkling doesn't count.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
i half predicted byleth i knew it was first party but i picked kingboo so oof maybe fighter pass 6 is the time

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Meanwhile, every character is unexpected for Reggie, presumably because he, as NOA's president, didn't have the free time to snoop on the Internet to see what fans expect.

That idea amuses me a lot more than it ought to.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Like most people, I predicted Inkling and Dark Samus. I was too stubborn to take Ridley and Banjo off prediction lists. I straight up called Byleth on the rtc thread. Simon I thought was super likely too, even without Verg (the double whammy of Snake being back and Bomberman being an assist)

And Daisy clone or costume, I thought was a no brainer. But I also thought Impa was a no brainer so eh.

I was confident in a DK newcomer, but I gave Dixie the edge.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
so was a three houses character so you shouldnt count byleth
At least half the fan base thought a TH character was never coming. And among those who weren't 100% sure it wasn't happening only a small amount were actually predicting them. That's not even in the same ballpark as Inkling who literally 100% of the fan base knew was coming.

Edit: Inkling is like the free space on a bingo card. Literally everyone predicted them, so it doesn't really count.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
At least half the fan base thought a TH character was never coming. And among those who weren't 100% sure it wasn't happening only a small amount were actually predicting them. That's not even in the same ballpark as Inkling who literally 100% of the fan base knew was coming.

Edit: Inkling is like the free space on a bingo card. Literally everyone predicted them, so it doesn't really count.
but why shouldnt that count....

oh forget it, it doesnt matter

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
I hope king boo invades smash online and we show them the power of king boo fans in smash

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
While i fully support E. Gadd as my personal pick, King Boo would probably be an alternate pick for the Luigi's Mansion Series to have in smash in case sakurai doesn't pick e. gadd.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The industry insider Imran Khan recently questioned fans assuming that the next pass will only have third parties, or even predominantly focusing on them.

If what he's implying is true, then this could bode well for us. We'll see what happens though.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
The industry insider Imran Khan recently questioned fans assuming that the next pass will only have third parties, or even predominantly focusing on them.

If what he's implying is true, then this could bode well for us. We'll see what happens though.
when was this? i'd like to find the source.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
If we look from a pure money arguement Luigis mansion 3 has had amazing sales got awards and is praised by tons of reviewers and the general community and i just see at least one luigis mansion rep in smash being the big game of 2019 with FE 3 houses and pokemon sword and shield

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What gets me is that some people see no potential or likelihood in LM having a playable character, let alone anyone related to 3. And yet we got a :ultpiranha:, so nothing's implausible.

Also, this article is fun. :ultluigi:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...or_upgrades_and_the_answers_surprisingly_deep
well people do like to rule characters out for whatever reason

though if any of those people believe that byleth was a promo inclusion then they should believe that its possible that they have a character to promote LM3 other wise theyre being hypocritical

Laniv

Smash Lord
So if King Boo were to get in, would you rather:

A. His spirit name is altered to King Boo (Dark Moon)

B. His spirit is changed to depict his spinoff design (normal Boo with gold crown)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So if King Boo were to get in, would you rather:

A. His spirit name is altered to King Boo (Dark Moon)

B. His spirit is changed to depict his spinoff design (normal Boo with gold crown)
id kind of like his spin off design be an alt

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, looks like King Boo is safe for another day, since this week's spirit event is for Cuphead (even though he already has a Mii costume).
i am never going to understand the fascination with that game

then again people probably say the same thing about luigi's mansion

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Ok boys we safe for the week king boo still living hopefully he is FP6 but we shall see

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
If they want to force more Mario antagonists, he isn't totally unlikely. Just aside from the Mario overpresentation, he kinda belongs to the secondary tier of Mario main cast, so that it would be abit weird to not fill in the first tier main cast first.

I see the Byleth case is a reason why King Boo raises his chance for the DLCs. However, it could be fair to say its weird for FE series to not do any villain fighter despite of overpresentation while Mario series already had two.

Objectively, King Boo isn't the typical fighter material, and adding that he isn't the leading boss of the franchise, it's hard to tell if Nintendo want to challenge themselves to create another unconventional character (well, they did it to plant piranha, but again? Who knows). Just before King Boo ever has a chance to become a fighter, I think he could had reprised his role as a boss, or become an assist trophy in pass Smash titles.

Last edited:

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
2nd tier character he is the villain of the luigis mansion series of course he is now a 1st tier mario rep with 3 games as boss under his belt. I think its time for him to be a fighter FP6 is the perfect time for the king to rise because FE released first its our time ty byleth now its our turn

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
FE basically has the Pokémon syndrome of only getting one character (or slightly more if they're lucky) per entry and that's it, besides Black Knight has more fan support than Gharnef or Medeus ever will (especially the latter, there's a reason folks make fun of dragons being behind everything for the first few FE entries).

2nd tier character he is the villain of the luigis mansion series of course he is now a 1st tier mario rep with 3 games as boss under his belt. I think its time for him to be a fighter FP6 is the perfect time for the king to rise because FE released first its our time ty byleth now its our turn
Probably not FP6, I feel like he'll be coming a little later on. They may want to start with someone who interests the core gamers first.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie, but after seeing Byleth I honestly think King Boo has a shot since LM3 is getting DLC.
Yes, although that means King Boo can easily copies all those controversies, or they could be even more with plant piranha existed.

I think the main difference is that Mario series has a core main cast, and King Boo isn't really a new face, so that he can compete for a Mario rep slot anytime, it doesn't need to be chosen just because of the same reason Byleth has. Besides, to promtoe LM titles, Nintendo might think Luigi already takes that job.

Speaking of plant piranha, it rather makes wonder if King Boo would had been more suitable in that slot. I'm also surprised that he hasn't been a boss or assist trophy so far.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
what happened? did ring fit the spirit axe?
Basically, yeah.

Guess we can't count on them being the obligatory first-party for this pass anymore.

Top Bottom