• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean they don't absolutely have to be, but if they were going to do a payed dlc Pokemon spirit board then why would they use up the big ones like the starters and corviknight on a free event?
well to be fair they were the first revealed, all of them came from the first 2-3 trailers from the games. there are a lot of them that were really taken with the fans and plenty of big ones that can still be used

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I'm 100% in the King Boo is coming camp. The missing spirits are far too suspicious now that Byleth is in and 1st parties are officially on the table.
While I feel King Boo still has a great chance of getting in now, I wouldn't dip all the way in on him, as there may still be the possibility that Spirits really DO dis-confirm characters, even base game spirits. Obviously things like trophies haven't stopped character from getting in before, but I would still practice caution with this kind of gray area, as Sakurai is known for being unpredictable.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
I have been going 100% on king boo since 2014 i aint stopping now i neeeed him in smash bros

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
While I feel King Boo still has a great chance of getting in now, I wouldn't dip all the way in on him, as there may still be the possibility that Spirits really DO dis-confirm characters, even base game spirits. Obviously things like trophies haven't stopped character from getting in before, but I would still practice caution with this kind of gray area, as Sakurai is known for being unpredictable.
Why would base game spirits disconfirm post pass characters? That's not a gray area, just a fan rule. I'll practice caution if someone gives a decent argument for it.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Why would base game spirits disconfirm post pass characters? That's not a gray area, just a fan rule. I'll practice caution if someone gives a decent argument for it.
Exactly. The spirits we got with the base game were probably finalized before we even knew about Ultimate, and they probably planned the spirit events that happened during the Fighter’s Pass as they were putting the pass together- Those Astral Chain, Sword/Shield, and RE spirits were likely decided on before we even got Joker shown off.

I’m not sure when the second pass was greenlit, but regardless, if they wanted to use any Nintendo characters but arbitrarily decided they couldn’t use characters that were chosen to be spirits two years ago, they’d be shooting themselves in the foot. At this point they’d be limited to pretty much a Sword/Shield Pokémon that wasn’t already a spirit (brace yourselves for THAT storm when it hits), Porky, and Sylux (Neither of whom have any particular relevance or really strong fan support at the moment.)

Heck, even some third parties like Rayman or additional Sonic characters are walled off by this arbitrary fan rule.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
This post was warned for containing language that’s discriminatory.
I'm merely covering all the bases here. I could see sakurai not wanting to add a character that was already a spirit for some {{redacted}} reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm merely covering all the bases here. I could see sakurai not wanting to add a character that was already a spirit for some autistic reason.
I mean that just goes back to Mewtwo and Lucas in smash 4. Also using "autistic" as a derogatory term in a conversation with someone on the autism spectrum is not a good look.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm merely covering all the bases here. I could see sakurai not wanting to add a character that was already a spirit for some autistic reason.
oh behalf of autistic people everywhere id like to tell you to do something, but i wont lower myself and just report you

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Were you going to tell me to "off" myself?
If so that's worse than what you said, but I believe they were talking about something along the lines of go **** yourself.

Edit: Imo even that is too much. I have autism and I'm offended by that, but it's really not that big a deal.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Were you going to tell me to "off" myself?
well it would have had a certain word in front of off

If so that's worse than what you said, but I believe they were talking about something along the lines of go **** yourself.

Edit: Imo even that is too much. I have autism and I'm offended by that, but it's really not that big a deal.
more or less

you werent the only one of us who was offended

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
well it would have had a certain word in front of off

more or less

you werent the only one of us who was offended
Oh I get that, but sinking down to their level isn't worth it. I'm all for calling people out on that stuff but just being nasty right back acomplishes nothing. Take the high road.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh I get that, but sinking down to their level isn't worth it. I'm all for calling people out on that stuff but just being nasty right back acomplishes nothing. Take the high road.
well thats what i was going for with my original comment

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You still implied what you were going to say. That's really no different than saying it. The high road would have been to not mention that at all.
well excuse me for letting my emotions get the better of me

look im not the best at handling these things, it was hard not to react at all as it cut a little to close to home

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm on the spectrum as well and what MrElectro said was wrong. He should be called out for it

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think we should probably just drop this now. They've been called out by three different people and continuing to talk about it isn't going to lead to anything good.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think we should probably just drop this now. They've been called out by three different people and continuing to talk about it isn't going to lead to anything good.
Good point.

Let's talk about Trailer then, if King Boo got it, do you think his trailer should be a continuation of Simons trailer.

And should there be a jump scare? I'd love a King Boo jump scare

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Good point.

Let's talk about Trailer then, if King Boo got it, do you think his trailer should be a continuation of Simons trailer.

And should there be a jump scare? I'd love a King Boo jump scare
I don't think it should be a continuation of Simon's. Yeah it referenced Luigi's Mansion, but King Boo is pretty tame compared to Castlevania monsters. He wouldn't be the big monster there. I would actually kind of like it to start with the same Heroes versus villains montage as K Rool and Banjo. Don't know where it would go from there though.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think it should be a continuation of Simon's. Yeah it referenced Luigi's Mansion, but King Boo is pretty tame compared to Castlevania monsters. He wouldn't be the big monster there. I would actually kind of like it to start with the same Heroes versus villains montage as K Rool and Banjo. Don't know where it would go from there though.
kirby pretending to be king boo?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I support the spooky king himself for Smash.^-^ (Wouldn't mind another villain rep.)
I picture his reveal trailer taking place after Simon and Ritcher's trailer in Dracula's Castle.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Fighter pass 6 is the time for king boo pokemon got spirits and with FE out of the way its time boys

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Maybe Fighter pass 6 is the time for king boo pokemon got spirits and with FE out of the way its time boys
I don't see him being number 6. I'd bet it'll start on a megaton third party to sell the pass. But I'm definitely predicting him sooner rather than later since they probably wouldn't want to wait TOO long after Luigi's Mansion 3. Maybe 7 or 8.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't see him being number 6. I'd bet it'll start on a megaton third party to sell the pass. But I'm definitely predicting him sooner rather than later since they probably wouldn't want to wait TOO long after Luigi's Mansion 3. Maybe 7 or 8.
If anything, he'd be saved for last, since that's reserved for anyone that's already invested into the game/DLC/specific pass. And doesn't have their expectations set too high to the point that what they see last sours their view of the game/roster.

On the downside, Fatman thinks that King Boo wouldn't fit the pass in the slightest, since the main focus would supposedly be for pipe dream inclusions.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If anything, he'd be saved for last, since that's reserved for anyone that's already invested into the game/DLC/specific pass. And doesn't have their expectations set too high to the point that what they see last sours their view of the game/roster.

On the downside, Fatman thinks that King Boo wouldn't fit the pass in the slightest, since the main focus would supposedly be for pipe dream inclusions.
Given how tightly the last character was kept secret, I doubt Fatman knows any of the characters in the next pass. Especially considering he didn't get FP5 after like 6 guesses. And even if he did know, Byleth doesn't fit this one at all either.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Given how tightly the last character was kept secret, I doubt Fatman knows any of the characters in the next pass. Especially considering he didn't get FP5 after like 6 guesses. And even if he did know, Byleth doesn't fit this one at all either.
Adding to that, he assumes this'll be the last pass, despite Sakurai implying nothing of the sort until further notice. Sometimes it's like folks deliberately set themselves up to be proven wrong...:drshrug:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Adding to that, he assumes this'll be the last pass, despite Sakurai implying nothing of the sort until further notice. Sometimes it's like folks deliberately set themselves up to be proven wrong...:drshrug:
they really should just be ready for anything and presume nothing

then again who am i to talk i predicted a couple characters this time before giving up all together

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Fatman saying King Boo isn't likely?

If anything that means he is likely. Fatman has a less than stellar reputation

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
they really should just be ready for anything and presume nothing

then again who am i to talk i predicted a couple characters this time before giving up all together
I got a better track record, for what it's worth. :ultisabelle:

That aside, do you figure that the shield and crouch animations for King Boo would be him covering his eyes? That'd be funny.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I got a better track record, for what it's worth. :ultisabelle:

That aside, do you figure that the shield and crouch animations for King Boo would be him covering his eyes? That'd be funny.
Oh, yeah! That's a great idea! I also love what I've seen in a couple moveset videos where he holds the opponent inside him for his grab.

Top Bottom