• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I didn't literally say it had to happened. I even basically said the opposite, its a possibly realistic scenario. Because why should Luigi's Mansion be unnoticed in any case? Its a high tier seller and just as established as Yoshi.
But it isn't unnoticed. It has a stage and Luigi uses the Poltergust in his moveset a bit prominently (as the character is designed to grab). Theres no reason for them to really consider listing King Boo / Luigi as from a different franchise, nor do I think the fans really care about that minor detail.

Like, if Dr. Mario isn't going to be separated into his own sub-franchise with his own series icon, I do not see why King Boo or Luigi would get either.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At any rate, the Mario branding being used for LM stuff is a Grandfather clause at this stage, and besides, a part of me would be amused at people going "another Mario character???" when he gets revealed.

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Luigi's Mansion 3 REALLY boosted King Boo in just about every way. His chances are boosted, his character is boosted, moveset potetial, etc...

I really hope he gets in! In fact, I think I'll update my King Boo moveset to better reflect what he can do in Luigi's Mansion 3, as well as just fix all the errors that are in it from before.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Just beat Luigi's Mansion 3 and King Boo has shot up on my list of most wanted. It'd be amazing to have him playable.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
whelp, here's that King Boo moveset rework I was talking about. That old one really needed some updates, so here they are!

View attachment 249707

and here's a link to the full image so you guys can actually read it lol, since smashboards compresses the heck out of images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/49166734317/in/dateposted-public/
That's a really cool moveset! Makes me want him even more. Only things I would change would be to give him some kind of purple lightning projectile and add a final smash.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's a really cool moveset! Makes me want him even more. Only things I would change would be to give him some kind of purple lightning projectile and add a final smash.
well my ideas for final smash he could jump into his bowser suit for one like bowser's or he could have one like zelda's where he traps them in a painting

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
I saw so much LM3 at TGA i legit thought it was time i saw 3 times where they showed LM3 and it got me excited but sadly no reveal im sad

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Well, excluding king boo, which others big nintendo villains are left to be added?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Villains I'd consider (King Boo is top though)

Kamek, Yoshi is the franchise of the og 8 missing a major villain of sorts. Although some use Bowser Jr as a Baby Bowser stand in.

Dark Matter, in Kirby, the Dark Matter have been a recurring threat since Dream Land 2, and the popular sword form even returned in Planet Robobot.

Andross is the main antagonist of Star Fox. The only questionable thing is if he's actually viable.

Team Rocket. Either Giovanni. Or stretch the rules with Jessie and James (before ruling them out, remember Lucario technically made his debut in a movie)

Skull Kid I'd say actually outranks King Boo if talking purely how iconic they are. Despite only appearing in the one game, the Majora's Mask is one of the most iconic objects in the series. It shows up pretty often as an Easter Egg now.

We still don't have a Fire Emblem villain. Black Knight is popular and so is the Three Houses one (at least the one set up as the villain so far, I haven't finished and don't want to risk spoilers)

Hades and Medusa are really popular, even Viridi you could easily count as villain.

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Villains I'd consider (King Boo is top though)

Kamek, Yoshi is the franchise of the og 8 missing a major villain of sorts. Although some use Bowser Jr as a Baby Bowser stand in.

Dark Matter, in Kirby, the Dark Matter have been a recurring threat since Dream Land 2, and the popular sword form even returned in Planet Robobot.

Andross is the main antagonist of Star Fox. The only questionable thing is if he's actually viable.

Team Rocket. Either Giovanni. Or stretch the rules with Jessie and James (before ruling them out, remember Lucario technically made his debut in a movie)

Skull Kid I'd say actually outranks King Boo if talking purely how iconic they are. Despite only appearing in the one game, the Majora's Mask is one of the most iconic objects in the series. It shows up pretty often as an Easter Egg now.

We still don't have a Fire Emblem villain. Black Knight is popular and so is the Three Houses one (at least the one set up as the villain so far, I haven't finished and don't want to risk spoilers)

Hades and Medusa are really popular, even Viridi you could easily count as villain.
Well some of them are very unviable, Anross and dark matter, others are pretty much deconfirmed, Skull kid and Black Knight assit trophy, and other are very unlikely, I can not see giovani working as a fighter.
Fire Emblem however has now gain a sort of a villian on three houses, i will not spoil, but I am not sure if it will be considered one in the eyes of sakurai.
Zelda has other villians that are not deconfirmed like ghirahim, that his assit trophy is misteriously missing.
Kamek would be cool, but is not very iconic as a MAIN villain and more as a side villain character.
Hades and Medusa are other ones that could enter well in the roster. And also Porky from Mother.
But really any of this villains are more recognisable or popular than King Boo?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Well some of them are very unviable, Anross and dark matter, others are pretty much deconfirmed, Skull kid and Black Knight assit trophy, and other are very unlikely, I can not see giovani working as a fighter.
Fire Emblem however has now gain a sort of a villian on three houses, i will not spoil, but I am not sure if it will be considered one in the eyes of sakurai.
Zelda has other villians that are not deconfirmed like ghirahim, that his assit trophy is misteriously missing.
Kamek would be cool, but is not very iconic as a MAIN villain and more as a side villain character.
Hades and Medusa are other ones that could enter well in the roster. And also Porky from Mother.
But really any of this villains are more recognisable or popular than King Boo?
I disagree with Dark Matter not being viable. Andross I understand, but Dark Matter is definitely viable.

Also Ghirahim is an assist trophy.

Honestly, it's kinda hard to gauge how iconic King Boo is. He frequently appears in Mario Kart, even getting special attention in Mario Kart Tour. But he doesn't seem to get much merch, and outside of message boards for Luigi's Mansion specifically, people don't really talk about him that much honestly, which is a huge shame.

I feel he made quite the impact in Luigi's Mansion 3 that hopefully it changes. I do think Skull Kid / Majora's Mask does have him beat, but sadly he's not much of candidate right now so King Boo basically is the most iconic first party villain right now.

Well, unless you're one of those who treats Ganon and Ganondorf as completely different entities (which I don't)

EDIT: Most iconic who is viable, Giovanni I feel does win this quite easily thinking about it.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well some of them are very unviable, Anross and dark matter
character viability is down to sakurai, how many might have said piranha plant was unviable? sakurai may think a floating head with hands could work and we know hes willing to scale down as for dark matter, it has many forms so there are plenty of things they could try

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
character viability is down to sakurai, how many might have said piranha plant was unviable? sakurai may think a floating head with hands could work and we know hes willing to scale down as for dark matter, it has many forms so there are plenty of things they could try
Well if he could figure it out good, but in my personal view I do not see them work. Also i prefer marx over dark matter for a kirby villain.

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
I disagree with Dark Matter not being viable. Andross I understand, but Dark Matter is definitely viable.

Also Ghirahim is an assist trophy.

Honestly, it's kinda hard to gauge how iconic King Boo is. He frequently appears in Mario Kart, even getting special attention in Mario Kart Tour. But he doesn't seem to get much merch, and outside of message boards for Luigi's Mansion specifically, people don't really talk about him that much honestly, which is a huge shame.

I feel he made quite the impact in Luigi's Mansion 3 that hopefully it changes. I do think Skull Kid / Majora's Mask does have him beat, but sadly he's not much of candidate right now so King Boo basically is the most iconic first party villain right now.

Well, unless you're one of those who treats Ganon and Ganondorf as completely different entities (which I don't)

EDIT: Most iconic who is viable, Giovanni I feel does win this quite easily thinking about it.
Hmm well he apears in Pokemon Go now, so he is still very relevant. But I think it woud be weird to have him as a character. I would want a pokemon villain like Darkrai, he is one in Pokepark and Mistery Dungeon, than Giovanni.

Also King Boo got an alt before Bowser in Mario Kart Tour so that could point into something.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well if he could figure it out good, but in my personal view I do not see them work. Also i prefer marx over dark matter for a kirby villain.
i do think weve reached the point where we cant rule anyone out, well video game characters, though some of his statements so imply even he cant see how everyone could work

Hmm well he apears in Pokemon Go now, so he is still very relevant. But I think it woud be weird to have him as a character. I would want a pokemon villain like Darkrai, he is one in Pokepark and Mistery Dungeon, than Giovanni.

Also King Boo got an alt before Bowser in Mario Kart Tour so that could point into something.
darkrai isnt evil

Last edited:

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
i do think weve reached the point where we cant rule anyone out, well video game characters, though some of his statements so imply even he cant see how everyone could work
I agree, if someone has the ability to make a giant face with hands work is Sakurai.

Last edited:

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice

darkrai isnt evil
Although he is not pure evil, he is the antagonist in those games.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I do not mean the darkrai from the mainline games, there is no pokedex in mistery dungeon or pokepark, is a diferent representation of the pokemon.
lets face it, in smash if they go for any one version of darkrai itll be the one from the 10th movie

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
lets face it, in smash if they go for any one version of darkrai itll be the one from the 10th movie
Thay normally go for the videogame version, especially for the pokemon, that is why we have red instead of Ash, so they probably will go from a Darkrai of the videogames. Howeve if they go from the Darkrai of the 10th movie, then he is definitely not a villain there.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Thay normally go for the videogame version, especially for the pokemon, that is why we have red instead of Ash, so they probably will go from a Darkrai of the videogames. Howeve if they go from the Darkrai of the 10th movie, then he is definitely not a villain there.
well actually its largely subjective, though most seem to note that the pikachu in smash seems to have the same personality as ash's and the lucario in smash speals like the one from the film, people think the same of mewtwo, pichu and jigglypuff

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
yeah, Red seems to be the exception with Pokemon portrayal, all off them use anime voices.

on the topic of King Boo, does anyone else feel a little underwhelmed with his boss themes? the one from the first game in ok but he's had nothing that really stands out to me.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
yeah, Red seems to be the exception with Pokemon portrayal, all off them use anime voices.

on the topic of King Boo, does anyone else feel a little underwhelmed with his boss themes? the one from the first game in ok but he's had nothing that really stands out to me.
i cant even think what the other two are like, though i did like that tune that played when you were battling regular boos in lm3

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
i cant even think what the other two are like, though i did like that tune that played when you were battling regular boos in lm3
Yes!!! The regular Boo theme in Luigi's Mansion 3 was phenomenal! Even if it was really short.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Maybe theres no king boo amiibo yet because they are putting him in smash also consider the still lacking of luigis mansion 3 spirits my brain is thinking a lot lately.

Top Bottom