• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
but toad has a vast moveset pool to chose, he has access to power ups and abilities the rest of the mario gang havent used yet, he has the uniqueness. he has plenty of potential its just for what ever reason its not good enough for sakurai.

lets just hope what king boo has is good enough.
I think we can more or less agree on that. It's just that you have to think about it to come up with anything for Toad. Hence why Legacy XP's Toad is the most boring character ever. The kind of wasted potential we see there is probably what Sakurai sees when he looks at Toad.

King Boo on the other hand would be literally impossible to come up with an uninteresting moveset for. I do believe that will be enough. Here's hoping!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think we can more or less agree on that. It's just that you have to think about it to come up with anything for Toad. Hence why Legacy XP's Toad is the most boring character ever. The kind of wasted potential we see there is probably what Sakurai sees when he looks at Toad.

King Boo on the other hand would be literally impossible to come up with an uninteresting moveset for. I do believe that will be enough. Here's hoping!
well whether you have to think about it or not probably changes from person to person, oh what does it matter sakurai's rule for characters seem to change for each one. i mean hes still making up moves for some characters, moveset potential is all subjective with that in mind

mind you, you should see some of the odd moveset ideas weve had in the toad support thread someone keeps suggesting a dragonball based moveset, but thats a tangent for another time.

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
A leak's floating around again. 90% chances of it being untrue, since it's yet another detailed one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/dapz5t/smash_ultimate_post_pass_dlc_so_far/

The only reason why this is relevant at all is that the latest person most likely picked E. Gadd as one of the characters.
An interesting leak. E. Gadd would honestly be awesome to have!

However, is there any credibility behind this leak? Are there text leaks like this posted as frequently on reddit as they are on /v/?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
An interesting leak. E. Gadd would honestly be awesome to have!

However, is there any credibility behind this leak? Are there text leaks like this posted as frequently on reddit as they are on /v/?
Probably not. A bunch of text is a bunch of text, hot air.

I get the feeling that people are inserting odd choices to make their fakes look more convincing, these days.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
There's no reason to believe the leak. Also, I'd be shocked to see E Gad over King Boo since Luigi already has the poltergust.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The more I think about it the more I want King Boo. At first I just thought he was coming sooner or later even if I didn't really care about him but after seeing some moveset ideas here and getting hyped for LM 3 he's become one of my most wanted, right after Ray MKIII, Geno, and Edelgard.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
King Boo has for years been a sleeper pick of mine for a cool new villain with Luigi's Mansion-inspired moves and ghost minions. After last E3, I fear he's fallen behind Waluigi as the next-in-line for the Mario series, though you never know. We got both Rosalina and Bowser Jr. in Smash 4, he's in a new and relevant game coming out this month and even shows up in the first five minutes, so The Little Kids who don't beat the game will still know who he is and get excited.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
alright with the game just a fortnight away i want to remind everyone to be respectful of spoilers

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I had a dream last night that Luigi's Mansion came out and the entire game was a crossover with Pirates of the Caribbean. Probably due to the pirate themed restaurant section they keep advertising. There were also actual horrific monsters and Luigi got decapitated in the end. I think I'll end up preferring what we actually get.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I had a dream last night that Luigi's Mansion came out and the entire game was a crossover with Pirates of the Caribbean. Probably due to the pirate themed restaurant section they keep advertising. There were also actual horrific monsters and Luigi got decapitated in the end. I think I'll end up preferring what we actually get.
i think we all have weird video games dreams, years ago i had a dream that kingsom hearts 2 would feature a large clockwork caterpillar boss with the cheshire cats face

it worries me slightly that i still remember it all this time later

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Have you guys heard the Mario Kart Tour update? King Boo is going to be playable twice over.

IMG_20191022_141100.png

Nice to see the Luigi's Mansion design escape the realms of Luigi's Mansion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, though it's quite weird to have two versions of King Boo in the same Mario Kart. Old habits die hard for that staff, I suppose...

Also, Waluigi's treated as another version of Luigi according to the spotlight vid, oof.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'd say that's certainly good news for us. King Boo is getting even more exposure. I think it's also great for more people to get used to the LM design since it's much cooler and is probably the design that would be used in smash.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
its the same character
He means by design, since they never used his "canonical" design outside of the Luigi's Mansion series and have always used the Double Dash design. It's nice to see the LM design finally being used outside of the series (ignoring the fact it's a mobile game with macrotransactions).

Not even gonna comment on the Mario Sunshine King Boo since I'm convinced that's just a fake Jr made.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
I've always loved King Boo, but no one ever talks about him in Smash. And there are many reasons to put him in as well. He's a villain for one, which is always a great addition. He would have an interesting and unique moveset, possibly using posters, his tongue, other boos, phasing through objects, and more! It's honestly surprising that he isn't supported more because if he was he would be in Smash already.

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
King Boo would actually be a very good rep to the Luigi Mansion series. Sure I'd love also E. Gadd playing ghostbuster with his inventions, but an actual, pure ghost can have a lot of unique potential too, I imagine the LM look would be the go to.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
King Boo would actually be a very good rep to the Luigi Mansion series. Sure I'd love also E. Gadd playing ghostbuster with his inventions, but an actual, pure ghost can have a lot of unique potential too, I imagine the LM look would be the go to.
probably have the other as an alt

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Straight up, after playing LM3, I want King Boo in the game pretty badly. He's been the main antagonist for 3 games straight, and he's got TONS of moveset potential. As much as I love Piranha Plant, I sort of wish we'd gotten King Boo over him.

This thread doesn't seem super active, but I definitely support King Boo.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
lm3 is making want king boo in smash more as well, not more than certain other mario characters but still would be pretty cool

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
No Luigi's mansion 3 spirits in smash. If the next batch of dlc is a 1st party pass, we're probably looking at Astral Chain protag, Byleth/Edelgard, and King Boo. Those are the only Nintendo games since smash came out to miss out on spirits.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
King Boo himself has a spirit, as the evolution of the regular Boo spirit, but now that there’s a second batch of DLC confirmed, I don’t know that “spirits = no chance” will prove to be a hard and fast rule (Waluigi certainly is going to prove it wrong when he inevitably happens).

Stayed up until 2 a.m. beating Luigi’s Mansion 3 last night and man, what an exemplary game. I already wanted playable King Boo but with how expressive he is in this one, and how it’s basically his best fight yet (being that he attacks you way more directly than in the past), I’m really hoping enough other people start discussing him to where he can get a foothold down the road. He’s a big obvious counterpoint to the people saying “there are no good first party characters left,” that’s for sure.

UserKev

Smash Champion
The day King Boo is added, Luigi finally gets his own series symbol. I think this is what supporters should be looking more into. Will Nintendo be willing? I doubt it.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The day King Boo is added, Luigi finally gets his own series symbol. I think this is what supporters should be looking more into. Will Nintendo be willing? I doubt it.
So King Boo can't get in because he'd have to have a different series logo? I can't even imagine a more trivial reason. They could just make him a mario character. They could make him a Luigi's mansion character and not change luigi. Like, who the **** cares? I think this is the weakest argument I've ever seen on this site.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So King Boo can't get in because he'd have to have a different series logo? I can't even imagine a more trivial reason. They could just make him a mario character. They could make him a Luigi's mansion character and not change luigi. Like, who the **** cares? I think this is the weakest argument I've ever seen on this site.
lets hope no one takes that as a challenge

UserKev

Smash Champion

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Well, I think your having a monthly problem. o_O
There way better ways to retort an argument, even if it seems a bit unnecessarily abrasive.

But I mean,
I don't understand why this is necessary? They could just give the character unique victory jingles just as easily and be done with it. Like Mario Kart is considered a separate franchise in things like music in Smash, but it still uses the Super Mario Bros. Series icon. Is there a reason why that needs to happen in the first place?

- - - - -
All I can say is that if king boo is added when he's grabbed normally it has be by the tongue or I'll be ridiculously disappointed.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
All I can say is that if king boo is added when he's grabbed normally it has be by the tongue or I'll be ridiculously disappointed.
ive been meaning to bring that up and ask if it would be possible to implement in smash

Edit: thank you fixing the triple post

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
There way better ways to retort an argument, even if it seems a bit unnecessarily abrasive.

But I mean,I don't understand why this is necessary? They could just give the character unique victory jingles just as easily and be done with it. Like Mario Kart is considered a separate franchise in things like music in Smash, but it still uses the Super Mario Bros. Series icon. Is there a reason why that needs to happen in the first place?

- - - - -
I didn't literally say it had to happened. I even basically said the opposite, its a possibly realistic scenario. Because why should Luigi's Mansion be unnoticed in any case? Its a high tier seller and just as established as Yoshi.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
King Boo is one of the characters i don't expect to get in, but is up there as one of my most wanted mario characters.

Top Bottom