• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killing with Bair

Dadooh

Smash Rookie
I recently learned to back air pretty consistently and I noticed that it grants me many more early kills, which is fine considering Pit's lack of reliable kill moves. The thing is I can't precisely understand in what situations the move really shines. So I have a few questions:
1. What are the most common situations of Bair leading to a kill you've witnessed?
2. Could you recommend training exercises to work on these situations?
3. I had good kills at around 75% using Dthrow to Bair on the ledge. Is this an actual thing at higher level?

J.B.

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
1342-4251-4349
I think D-throw to B-air should be a thing, but to be honest, I don't really try it that often. It's part not being skilled enough to use it seamlessly and part, finding D-throw to F-air to be fine when working off the ledge. I've found most uses/kills with B-air to be in falling from a platform and in stage spikes. However, it would be a good idea to be proficient with using reverse aerials rushes since the move does have decent hitboxes.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
If you wanna know the best way to use it I would say it is best used against people off stage either hitting them out of or trading with some sort of horizontal recovery or some sort of slow recovery like the Street Fighter boys snake etc. Also like the guy above said comboing into it out of down throw is definitely effective stage spiking and platform falling are also very useful.

Top Bottom