• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kill Percent Charts (Most Recent: Up Throw w/ No Rage)

TGT | Ghosty

Jace Boster
NNID
studmuffin
I'm going to try to find the rough percentages that Roy's moves will kill.

I've tested these with Wii Fit Trainer as my practice dummy (avg. weight I believe) and on Omega Battlefield.

UP THROW
6 Damage

Red Lighting appears 170
NO DI 166
DI BEHIND 173
DI UP 165

-

F SMASH
20 Damage (Hilt), 17 Damage (Tip)

NO DI CENTER STAGE (Hilt)
Red Lighting 86
Kill 85

Right now I'm just using this as a notepad for myself. I'll keep updating

Last edited:

p3ngw1nKing

Smash Cadet
From the starting position on FD, you can KO WFT at 67% with an uncharged sweetspot f-smash. Of course that's with no DI. I would imagine it to be more like 75% with the best DI.

Red light at 70%

As a reference, Mario can KO WFT from the same place with an uncharged sweetspot f-smash at 77% (86% with good DI)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Hi guys! @StHawkward and I are testing Roy's kill percents with the cast. This is a huge WIP, so I made my own thread. Feel free to merge this with another thread if it's clutter or something along those lines. I plan on updating this once every two or three days.

Moves are tested from the center of FD in regular smash mode with the handicap feature being used.

Up Throw Testing was done with the character DI'ing behind Roy (meaning it will kill earlier if the opponent DI's incorrectly/doesn't DI at all). All percents are ~1% because human error + decimal percentages.
Character | 0% Rage | 100% Rage | 125% Rage | 150% Rage
Mario | 178% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Luigi | 172% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Peach | 163% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Bowser | 198% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Yoshi | 178% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Rosalina | 157% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Bowser Jr | 192% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Wario | 185% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Donkey Kong | 207% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Diddy Kong | 179% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Mr. Game & Watch | 148% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Little Mac | 177% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Link | 187% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Zelda | 165% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Sheik | 165% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Ganondorf | 194% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Toon Link | 167% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Samus | 185% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Zero Suit Samus | 168% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Pit | 179% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Palutena | 166% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Palutena w/ Light Weight | 156% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Marth | 178% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Ike | 195% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Robin | 179% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Duck Hunt | 180% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Kirby | 155% | WIP | WIP | WIP
King Dedede | 215% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Metaknight | 161% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Fox | 163% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Falco | 167% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Pikachu | 158% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Charizard | 184% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Lucario | 185% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Jigglypuff | 143% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Greninja | 169% | WIP | WIP | WIP
ROB | 185% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Ness | 169% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Captain Falcon | 195% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Villager | 172% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Olimar | 159% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Wii Fit Trainer | 170% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Shulk | 185% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Shulk Jump | 191% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Shulk Speed | 185% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Shulk Shield | 280% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Shulk Buster | 184% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Shulk Smash | 158% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Doctor Mario | 178% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Dark Pit | 179% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Lucina | 178% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Pacman | 174% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Megaman | 190% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Sonic | 174% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Mewtwo | 157% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Lucas | 168% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Roy | 184% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Ryu | 185% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Medium Brawler | 185% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Small Brawler | 182% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Custom Moveset Project Swordfighter | 179% | WIP | WIP | WIP
Custom Moveset Project Gunner | 176% | WIP | WIP | WIP

Any questions/comments (especially if you see any errors in the table) would be lovely!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I don't have EXACT percents because I don't remember them by heart, normally I just test around what number it is to get a feel of when I can kill because rage and positioning normally change things.

Tested on Fox/Sheik (who die at very similar %s) from center of FD and all sweetspot (NO RAGE).

U-Tilt around 110%
F-Tilt around 120%
B-Air around 120%

F-Air weaker than all the ones before, can't remember exactly, but if you're at center of stage probably just go for B-Air, if you're out of the stage then it kills around 70-80 from edge.

Basically, after the opponent is 110-120% you should be able to kill him with almost any move.

Last edited:

TGT | Ghosty

Jace Boster
NNID
studmuffin
Going to finish Fsmash tonight. Then Upsmash. I'll finish formatting the post when I've found everything...

honestly probably won't finish this for at least a week. lol

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Pretty crazy. Roy + rage = destruction! He does almost double the knockback at that percent.

If I am not mistaken rage is only about a 15-20% increase in power at max (~140-150% damage). I don't have any sources right now but I think I remember doing the math myself at one point with an specific kill move, don't remember.

Edit: I just tested U-Tilt and U-Smash, No Rage vs Max Rage to know the exact amount rage seems to affect.

Note: All tests were done in FD against Bowser, no DI and all sweetspots

No Rage:

U-Smash kills at 113% (130% after the damage is inflicted which is when KB is calculated)

U-Tilt kills at 136% (148% after the damage is inflicted)

Rage:

U-Smash kills at 77% (95%)

U-Tilt kills at 108% (120%)

I guess the strength you gain is inconsistent throughout moves, probably because Rage only increases the KBG and not the BKB, but don't take my word for it, I have no idea. But both of these moves are in the 20-30% range in total increase. I doubt there's any move that increases to double the KB.

Also shoutout to U-Smash killing Bowser at 77% DAMN.

Last edited:

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
Hey y'all I recently picked up Roy a bit to see how he is, and I came across this
https://youtu.be/MOHO3UC-EkI
I'm not sure if this is a glitch or exploit, but whatever the cause of it can one shot Rosalina. I was wondering if any of y'all have a clue as to the cause of it.

proto3296

Smash Rookie
Yeah that has to be a glitch. I know that with rage if you reverse up b it'll kill jiggly puff at any percentage, but I've never seen this lol.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yeah that has to be a glitch. I know that with rage if you reverse up b it'll kill jiggly puff at any percentage, but I've never seen this lol.
I just tested it and it seems like the setup hit just does a HUGE amount of knockback. The reason why it doesn't always do it is because the second hit instantly overrides that knockback with it's own tiny knockback. If you are able to only hit with the first hit it sends char flying away extremely far.

Still no matter how hard I try I can't get to kill the opponent, normally it just sends them to the blastzone without killing.

Doesn't seem like a glitch to me since it always happens when you reverse the Up-B (You would think someone would have noticed).

Last edited:

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
I just tested it and it seems like the setup hit just does a HUGE amount of knockback. The reason why it doesn't always do it is because the second hit instantly overrides that knockback with it's own tiny knockback. If you are able to only hit with the first hit it sends char flying away extremely far.

Still no matter how hard I try I can't get to kill the opponent, normally it just sends them to the blastzone without killing.

Doesn't seem like a glitch to me since it always happens when you reverse the Up-B (You would think someone would have noticed).
perhaps it could be the combination of light characters and low blast zones?

Last edited:

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
The recovery has a lot of knockback yes, but rosa was charging a smash, if you hit a character while charging a smash, they suffer more knockback than normal.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
If there was a way we could pull this off reliably, it could really help.

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
This happened to me a couple of times... At first I thought it was because I was only hitting the first frames of the move and I know those frames have a lot of knockback. But you get a lot more knockback doing it like this from off stage than doing it with a reverse Up B... So I am not sure why this happen.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Light character + rage + incomplete Blazer = pain

it's the same formula that gave Roy his OHKO against Jiggs in Melee, though it was always his reverse Blazer in that case

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
The recovery has a lot of knockback yes, but rosa was charging a smash, if you hit a character while charging a smash, they suffer more knockback than normal.
This.

She got hit by the initial hit of Blazer, which I believe has a set knockback so it can reliably lead into the other hits. It happened while she was charging a smash and presumably not prepared to DI at all.

p3ngw1nKing

Smash Cadet
If I am not mistaken rage is only about a 15-20% increase in power at max (~140-150% damage). I don't have any sources right now but I think I remember doing the math myself at one point with an specific kill move, don't remember.
I checked the wiki page for it: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Rage

Although, now that I look at it again, I'm sure there is a typo in there somewhere. It has conflicting information on how much KB increases. It says it maxes out at 2.0x (at 200%) but it also says it increases by 1/10 every 10% starting at 10%.

I see this going two ways:
1. the first one is correct and the second one is a typo, which would mean KB is 1.5x at 100%
2. poor wording on the first one, and should KB increases by 2.0x (which would be 3.0x the original KB :surprised:)

I'm guessing the 1/10 per 10% is wrong...
Either way, Roy's a beast!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I checked the wiki page for it: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Rage

Although, now that I look at it again, I'm sure there is a typo in there somewhere. It has conflicting information on how much KB increases. It says it maxes out at 2.0x (at 200%) but it also says it increases by 1/10 every 10% starting at 10%.

I see this going two ways:
1. the first one is correct and the second one is a typo, which would mean KB is 1.5x at 100%
2. poor wording on the first one, and should KB increases by 2.0x (which would be 3.0x the original KB :surprised:)

I'm guessing the 1/10 per 10% is wrong...
Either way, Roy's a beast!

Still I believe both of those informations are incorrect. First because I tested it myself less than 4 hours ago with 300% damage (which is more than 200%) and I only gained 29% and 38% more knockback and second because I remember when the values were first tested multiple times for a plethora of chars and it was always close to 20-40% if I remember. I remember the effects started to be noticeable by 40% and seemed to max out by 140% but we now know it starts from 0% and goes a bit further than 140%.

Last edited:

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
Alright y'all thanks for clarifying it all, guess you just learn something new every day with this game :laugh:

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
If I understand this correctly this is what caused Mii Brawler's one inch punch as well. If players can learn how to do it consistently it would be scary.

TGT | Ghosty

Jace Boster
NNID
studmuffin
Still I believe both of those informations are incorrect. First because I tested it myself less than 4 hours ago with 300% damage (which is more than 200%) and I only gained 29% and 38% more knockback and second because I remember when the values were first tested multiple times for a plethora of chars and it was always close to 20-40% if I remember. I remember the effects started to be noticeable by 40% and seemed to max out by 140% but we now know it starts from 0% and goes a bit further than 140%.
But the most important question is... do you main Mewtwo?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
But the most important question is... do you main Mewtwo?

Well Mewtwo is my favorite character in Smash (aside from Link, who is truly my fav char in Smash xD) and I tried my best to main him, I did main him in Melee.

There are just 2 problems:

1. I feel like Mewtwo is completely unable to fight most of the top tiers to a point where it just takes too much effort to do well against a player your own level playing one of those chars.

2. I am a very rushdown kind of guy and Mewtwo didn't fit my playstyle at all. I tried adjusting my playstyle to play more patiently and such but for me that gets kind of annoying when fighting a campy matchup.

Also I just find it a bit frustrating how over half the time with Mewtwo you're basically just fighting to get out of some string or land safely, feels like you're always in danger of a bad spot.

Honestly I still find Mewtwo fun (when I don't get completely wrecked) and I still play him, I love the char, but I mean I also play A LOT of: Mario, Captain Falcon and Marth. I just love playing those chars but none of them really clicked with me enough at a personal level.

When I played Roy as soon as I downloaded not only did he completely fit my playstyle and instantly clicked with me but also was incredibly effective and just outright a huge blast to play as. I honestly think of him as a mix of Marth and Falcon with just enough of his own original playstyle to please that side of me neither Falcon or Marth did.

I will admit I know close to nothing about Roy in terms of char but I will also say that Sm4sh Roy is probably the character that I have had the most fun playing since Melee. I just instantly fell in love with the char as soon as I picked him up.

As of right now I will say that I am learning Roy to make him my main but I will still play a lot of Mewtwo when I believe I can use him.

Hopefully Roy doesn't end up being way too overused, that normally turns me away even from my favorite chars. Right now everyone seems to be playing as him or learning him to play as him but I hope that that's just a "he's the new cool char" kinda thing.

p3ngw1nKing

Smash Cadet
Hopefully Roy doesn't end up being way too overused, that normally turns me away even from my favorite chars. Right now everyone seems to be playing as him or learning him to play as him but I hope that that's just a "he's the new cool char" kinda thing.
I have the same fear. Gold Roy has been one of my mains since I unlocked him in Melee over a decade ago. Nobody liked him back then because he was so bad. But now that he's actually really good it will look like I'm just following everyone else. I finally found the ONE character I enjoy playing as in Sm4sh (literally the only one) and I feel like everyone is ruining the experience by jumping on the bandwagon. Bunch of fair-weather fans...

Already half of my friends are trying to use him seriously. And I was the only one of us that wanted him in the game in the first place. T_T

It's like that stereotypical nerd that everyone made fun of in high school, who is now a millionaire and everyone wants to be his friend. It feels un-genuine. I don't like it.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Lol now Roy is low tier
Still love him
Lmao, I don't think it's allowed to necro such an old thread.

As a side note, I ended up maining Mewtwo until like November of that year, then switched to Zard for like a year and finally ended up switching to Roy at the start of 2017 and he's still my main. So I did main Roy at the end :p.

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Lmao, I don't think it's allowed to necro such an old thread.

As a side note, I ended up maining Mewtwo until like November of that year, then switched to Zard for like a year and finally ended up switching to Roy at the start of 2017 and he's still my main. So I did main Roy at the end :p.
I main Roy. I switched to Marth, but after a while, I switched right back. Roy is our boy.

Top Bottom