• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kill confirms for jr?

peekpeek

Smash Cadet
Other than jab combo at the edge after 100% and back throw I have a hard time killing with jr. He's okay at edgeguarding though.
He's more than okay at edgeguarding. He doesn't have a lot of good "kill confirms", though-- Kart Spin, F-smash, B-Air, Jab-Combo, F-Air, Hammer Smack after Up-B, are his "main" kill moves. But for edgeguarding, he has so many good and safe options.

1) If they come in low, walk off the stage and up-b drop the car on them.
2) Cannonball wall if they come in horizontally (Chrom).
3) F-air follow-ups / chases
4) Throw mechakoopa horizontally.
5) Throw mechakoopa down.
6) F-Smash (angled if needed)

So 6 totally "safe" edge-guarding strategies is kind of amazing.

Last edited:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
He's more than okay at edgeguarding. He doesn't have a lot of good "kill confirms", though-- Kart Spin, F-smash, B-Air, Jab-Combo, F-Air, Hammer Smack after Up-B, are his "main" kill moves. But for edgeguarding, he has so many good and safe options.

1) If they come in low, walk off the stage and up-b drop the car on them.
2) Cannonball wall if they come in horizontally (Chrom).
3) F-air follow-ups / chases
4) Throw mechakoopa horizontally.
5) Throw mechakoopa down.
6) F-Smash (angled if needed)

So 6 totally "safe" edge-guarding strategies is kind of amazing.
That sucks, I can't believe he had more kill confirms in the previous game and he was awful. (Still mained Larry though <3)

1) Would have been considered if the ship exploded on contact, but it doesn't so timing it for somebody to fall for it, it's quite rare.

2) The only way I'd use cannonball is to cancel it while grabbing the edge and the startup is so obvious that players have plenty of time to avoid it.

3) Fair [and nair] are cool for edgeguarding, agreed.

4/5) MK's are great, agreed.

6) F smash is more for ledge trapping rather than edge guarding. Becuase even if you 2 frame, you might not hit with the last hitbox.

This is why l just consider them ok, because it's mainly aerials or MK's which take a bit too set up.

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
I think you underestimate cannonball, when they're offstage above the stage just go for it and then an aerial or something, it's pretty decent. He has no discovered kill options yet, and I honestly doubt any will be found. B-Air and F-Smash are typically your most consistent early killers, Jab is really good too. I'd say go for more Up B hammer swings whenever they're up in the air. It's got a ton of priority and kills pretty early.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
How do people kart, Up B, hammer kill confirm? It is so difficult to react online. When you hit with the kart, you have only a few frames to react and Up B to hammer. To get everything to connect, you almost have to assume that the kart will hit and just follow through with Up B.

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
How do people kart, Up B, hammer kill confirm? It is so difficult to react online. When you hit with the kart, you have only a few frames to react and Up B to hammer. To get everything to connect, you almost have to assume that the kart will hit and just follow through with Up B.
It's pretty much an instant hit confirm and probably much harder online than offline, also having tap jump on helps makes it easier cuz you can just hit Up to jump cancel it as soon as you hit then B to do it.

But honestly...I wouldn't even worry about practicing this technique, it's not consistent like it was in Smash 4. I didn't play 4 much but I'm fairly certain in 4 you couldn't SDI the explosion on his Up-B but in Ultimate you actually can. And good players will consistently SDI out of the explosion on his cart making it useless.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
also having tap jump on helps makes it easier cuz you can just hit Up to jump cancel it as soon as you hit then B to do it.
I noticed this about Jr. in Ultimate... didn't kart always have tap jump on in Smash 4? I distinctively remember having tap jump disabled, but the Jr. kart was special in that if you tapped Up, it will jump you out of kart regardless if you had tap jump on or not. Honestly I prefer being able to tap jump out of kart, as the motion feels smooth and natural to me (during kart only, not anywhere else).

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Jr. is so trash in this game. Sucks since he's really fun to play. He needs 25 kill moves and a throw that kills from the center at 70.:ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Fr, Cannonball needs to be faster, Clown Car needs to not SD, Bowser Jr. should not be hit out of his recovery and Mechakoopas need to not give up on life when they touch shields.

Top Bottom