• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Asidoh.

Kappa

---------------------

Anyway, I've been playing Kirby during the smashfests here at Nintendo World. It feels like he'll be performing the around the same tier as he did in Brawl. Which isn't totally a bad thing. Hammer feels different, besides it obviously being different. For one thing, it has more start up than it did in Brawl. Plus, no more using it for recovery 'cause you die if you do. N-air feels the same but I'm not sure if his hitbubble was enlarged cause I didn't use it much. It still has that monstrous aerial lag. His grab feels shorter. Gonzo combo de-confirmed. However, I feel like grabs at zero have yet to be tested well with Kirby (ex. f-throw>buffered jump>followup?) It's just hard to grab at zero cause no more "broken" range. :(

After swallow I tried to do the buffered jump swallow only to find out that Kirby jumps super high when he has someone in his mouth--like, a regular full jump high. It feels like you can get a hit after swallow by doing this but I can't totally confirm without having to avoid items and everything else~

OH! And, d-air can now be combo'd into grab and tilts, maybe even a f-smash! D-air's landing hitbox literally doesn't send them anywhere and you can follow up! Kirby's duck can still duck things.

Also, I should have probably asked earlier but what should I try testing out??
RAR is kinda deconfirmed. The reason I say kinda is because you have to time the jump shortly after the turn around to get it to work or it could be the controller, or me... I can't play well with pro controller. >__<
Mike, could he still hammer cancel tho?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Brawl is soooo dead... First smash game to be absolutely dead.
During the Melee days everyone treated SSB(64) like it was dead. It was actually even more dead back then than Brawl is now: no one even remembered it enough to mention.

When Brawl came out, Melee was super-dead. It was basically Brawl everywhere the first few months. After that, the only people who played Melee were the ones who didn't like Brawl. When Melee began its revival it also sparked life back into SSB(64) and SSB(VC) launched soon after that.

Oddly enough I still see people talk about Brawl or even play Brawl. There was a spontaneous Brawl- tournament that spawned at a SSB4 event about a month ago. And, technically speaking, a Brawl mod is still Brawl.

But, yeah, Brawl is still technically 'dead'.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
If Brawl ever came back I vouch for mid/low tier tourneys. The high/top tiers are the most absurd/dishonest characters I've seen in any fighting game ever.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
brawl is doing fine where i live!

there is also a (surprisingly very active) discord group for people who are still into it https://discordapp.com/invite/0g4YKBBUUaV7tC03

i also know of a few things coming up for it that i'm not at liberty to discuss yet ;)

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Top Bottom