• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm pretty sure Jowii pointed that out like 3-4 days ago :p

Lrn2read people.

But yeah, now I want to play HadesBlade again XD

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Fromunda- Lrn2contextclues

Viper was just saying that if I'm correct, obviously that makes the MU easier; and since I am correct, Viper was just saying that crouching makes the MU faster and easier to play.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So I went to a tourney today, as you guys know. I placed 7th in singles (it's my lowest placing in over a year! FFFFF I lost against the #3 and the #2 placings in the tourney, both Snake mainers, ugh at their disjointed high-damaging attacks and their stage-banning smarts. #1 was a Snake mainer. as well as my friend who I beat more often than not in friendlies... He's a camper and the other two are aggressive, couldn't adjust in time), and I won doubles (it was eeeeeeasy). I got some matches recorded and the guy should be uploading them eventually. I'll link them in my sig's Kirby link and reply to the Kirby Video thread when I do.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
@ Fromunda- Lrn2contextclues

Viper was just saying that if I'm correct, obviously that makes the MU easier; and since I am correct, Viper was just saying that crouching makes the MU faster and easier to play.
But he quoted Tiersie's post... XD

Oops.

Good job on doubles Kewk! How many people entered?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It was just 10 teams, but I won back everything I used during the day so it's like someone payed everything for me. 27 people entered the singles tourney (it was gonna be more, some people couldn't go at the last minute) but all the PR'd people were there except the #4 (who was also my teammate for Pound4), who didn't hitch a ride with us cuz he had no money, so it was a good tourney.

BTW, you guys are absolutely sure we can duck under all of Yoshi's grabs?

Tiersie

Smash Ace
It was just 10 teams, but I won back everything I used during the day so it's like someone payed everything for me. 27 people entered the singles tourney (it was gonna be more, some people couldn't go at the last minute) but all the PR'd people were there except the #4 (who was also my teammate for Pound4), who didn't hitch a ride with us cuz he had no money, so it was a good tourney.

BTW, you guys are absolutely sure we can duck under all of Yoshi's grabs?
I do it all the time. Well maybe not standing grab but pivot grab and dash grab at least. No yoshi will ever use standing grab...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm gonna have to ask you guys for videos. I tried ducking all of Yoshi's grabs on my own Wii to see if it was possible, but I could only crouch under dash grab, and only when Yoshi was at a distance he will never purposely be in (RIGHT next to Kirby). :/

Also, I'd like to know if anyone can upload some videos for me?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Try DTilting as well.
I did, I had to use my toes for the 2nd controller because no one was helping me but i timed the dtilts well anyway. I still couldn't duck under the grabs, except when Yoshi tried dashgrabbing me and Kirby was under his face. I even tried pivot grabbing from afar, and pivot grabing from reeeeal close and I got grabbed both times. His grab box is actually pretty low and it hits Kirby head on even if I dtilt.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
don't know if this was put into the crouch thread...but upsmash ducks robs fsmash.
Unless he angles down. Usmash has the same hurtbox as crouching (or damn close to it). You can Usmash to crouch grabs, Lucario Rising Fair and descending Nair, Ganon in general, and whatever else you could just crouch under.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby's crouch has always been my favorite forms of defense. I made a Snake player "WTF" when I d-tilted under his grab. That's always a lot of fun. XD

RATED

Smash Lord
Unless he angles down. Usmash has the same hurtbox as crouching (or damn close to it). You can Usmash to crouch grabs, Lucario Rising Fair and descending Nair, Ganon in general, and whatever else you could just crouch under.
then, you can use upsmash well timed against Snake grab and hit snake? since I know that kirby can Crouch evade that. Even though you can just use ol' dtilt that has a nice trip rate and start comboing snake. It seems nice anyways.

Hi kirbies.

Hi Kewkky :D

edit: Kewkky, next time I stop camping you in friendlies so that you can get that practice against aggresive snakes. Also I wrote down as fast as I you guys leave me at home , the patterns and bad habits of the others snakes that you lost to, since I had to play them in winners and grand finals. oh **** I always seems to forget that I have you in msn for this stuff too jaja..

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep, his pivot grab still grabs us fromundaman. :(

Also, are the people who claimed Kirby can duck under Yoshi's grabs ABSOLUTELY sure? I really need to know this as fast as possible, and I'd like to know how Kirby ducks under them since I couldn't do it on my Wii.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'll take your word for it... I couldn't get myself to duck under Yoshi's grabs even while dtilting, except when he dash attacks and has his head right above Kirby.

EDIT: Also I got a couple of tourney videos uploaded to my channel if you guys wanna see. I dunno if there's more left, the guy who has the replays only sent me a couple of them through megaupload.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I'm back. Little disappointed by my performance in singles, got 9th/19. Need to learn the MK match-up ASAP.

But at least I got 3rd/11 in doubles :]

Tomorrow I'm travelling again, and won't be back until the 28th. I'll upload the doubles vids when I get back.

So I just ate an amazing bowl of chili today for breakfast! :) It was soooo gooood.

It was almost better than that time that I found out that I had more posts in this thread than JoWii.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
So I just went to an LI biweekly. I went into it thinking I was going to use Snake, but then Will convinced me to go Kirby. I mean I still didn't do well, but I didn't get last. Plus I won some friendlies and MMs with Kirby.

I felt like I at least figured out how to play Kirby better after playing so much and understand what I need to do to improve, as I definitely found some errors in how I play and what I need to do better.

So I guess I'm gonna try to see what I can do with Kirby and practice and what not.

Figured I could just like...say that. xD

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
So I just ate an amazing bowl of chili today for breakfast! :) It was soooo gooood.

It was almost better than that time that I found out that I had more posts in this thread than JoWii.
I just ate this amazing PB sandwich. It was soooo goooood.

It was almost better than that time I had more than 2x the number of posts in this thread as Twinkie. 40% of my posts are in this thread, it's kinda sad

Good to see you're going Kirby ^_^ he needs more rep. Don't be afraid to switch to Snake if you get a gay MU though.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team

Good to see you're going Kirby ^_^ he needs more rep. Don't be afraid to switch to Snake if you get a gay MU though.
Haha yeah. My Snake needs more work though, I feel like I could get comfortable with Kirby if I truly dedicate myself to it.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby's pretty easy to get comfortable with, unless you're a camper. He's got a little of everything, only thing he can't do is pitch a tent if you know what I mean. Don't let SWF fool you, Kirby definitely is high tier (at the least, he's better than ZSS). ;)

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Kirby's pretty easy to get comfortable with, unless you're a camper. He's got a little of everything, only thing he can't do is pitch a tent if you know what I mean. Don't let SWF fool you, Kirby definitely is high tier (at the least, he's better than ZSS). ;)
Oh yeah definitely. I mean I honestly don't want to be overly aggro if I can help it, but I don't like camping to be honest.

Idk, this is like the third time that I've tried to main someone and end up going back to Kirby. Might as well not beat around the bush anymore.

So hi. :)

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> Twinkie, don't make me slap you.

Also, best of luck to you Rapture at using Kirby.

A1, always nice to see you.

lol JoWii no need for slapping. Just trying to stir some conversation. Plus, my post about post counts made A1 make an appearance! :)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Rapture, you have caught my attention with that comment. I am now looking for the newest Spongebob episodes.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Rapture, you have caught my attention with that comment. I am now looking for the newest Spongebob episodes.
Haha. Seriously though, some of it is definitely not kid-friendly. But for people of older ages, it's hilarious.

Top Bottom