• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
For those seeking enlightenment on Hup-Canceling, I refer you to the...

Hup-Canceling Strategy Guide

It holds all the secrets that you desire to know...
Cooooooowoooooooolllll

Now put it in the Amazing Guide!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfm7Ayrx9PU#t=3m56s

^hup cancelling

I do it twice on the two side platforms.
Whenever I respawn on BF I always descend with Hup Cancels. :)
On the top, left/right platform and then the stage ground. Hup, hup, hup!

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT SANDWICHES NOW!
Here's a thought, is a Cheeseburger a samich?

Also, is it samich or sandwich? I always go with samich. :bee:

To me, a samich is a sandwich that isn't prepared by myself.

When someone else makes me a samich, it's because I'm lazy, which means that I'm also lazy enough to not even bother say the word right. When I prepare my own sandwich, it's lame and uninteresting since I actually had to stand up to make it. If I put all that effort into making that sandwich, I might as well just call it sandwich. :ohwell:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Silly caps dodge. ^_^

Anyways, so Kirbies! I know some of you might remember this. Remember the time in the Skype chat when we were talking about cheese for like 20 minutes? And if you do, remember what I said to get that conversation started? You know... about that sandwich that I don't remember showing you? Well after like 20 days, I FINALLY ****ING GOT IT!

[collapse="Right Here"]
[/collapse]

When I took a bite from this sandwich, I had a revelation. All of the world's secrets made sense, everything was just right in the world, but most importantly, I was put in a happy place. Nobody could touch me. Nobody could bring me down. Everything was perfect. Everything became clear, and I finally understood life, and what I had to do in this world. My goal was clear right from the first bite.... I knew... WHAT TO DO!!! The sandwich wasn't just some ordinary sandwich, it was something more. Something........ something that I desperately needed. It opened my eyes to those watching us, and I didn't look back. The sensation was so amazing, that I just had to buy a second one.

Don't get me started on how foolish eating it was because it could've been the potential death of my hypoglecemic self. I knew it was bad for me! I just had to experience the glory of that sandwich....

Twice.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT SANDWICHES NOW!
I have been inspired. I'm maining cheese. Preferably Blue or Goat.

Also, I'm hungry now. That sandwich looked good.

For those seeking enlightenment on Hup-Canceling, I refer you to the...

Hup-Canceling Strategy Guide

It holds all the secrets that you desire to know...
I was really hoping that led to a rickroll...

Edit: Read through that thread, and I can't stop laughing. T1mmy, your reply to the 1st post was genius XD

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've recently found thinly-sliced apples are DELICIOUS in sandwiches!

Pears too.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Lol. Thanks ~Shao~. XD

Edit:
I saw a Mario "? Block" at the 2-minute mark.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ah, I went to a smashfest today after a while of not smashing, and I gotta say, Kirby is so much fun to use. If he's used right with the perfect mix of aggressive and defensive, you can do so much damage. It's even cooler when you have a spectating friend that says randomly "I enjoy seeing Kirby matches, it's fun watching him combo and string". I did lots of awesome things today, too, but I don't have my Wii hacked and my bros are all using it all the time so I can't bring it with me to save replays... That will be my new goal, hack my Wii and take it from home forcefully so I can save all my replays!

Also, I'm doing better with Kirby and worse with ZSS. I think I hit her limitations, or I'm at the ZSS plateau... Very sucky.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Just make sure you you're bro's don't update! You can still hack it with the new update but still it's a lot easy if you don't. Also, where's everyone??? D=

Hup canceling no doubt!

SiiS4.

I don't think any Kirbies made it past pools, but TKO played his pool on the live stream.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
In everyone's defense, that tournament was STACKED.

Also, I got Kain'ed hard XD
NEVER take a good Wolf to PS1. Trust me on this one.

That tournament was mad fun though.

Oh, and hup canceling is legit. I got like 6 hup cancel>Fsmash kills in pools and even more throughout the day in both friendlies and MMs. EVERYONE drops their shield and tries to punish.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I've dropped Kirby as my main. Shocker? Meh.

Fox all day. Well....all day except against ICs, Pika, and the Spacies, for now that is.

Discuss.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh, and hup canceling is legit. I got like 6 hup cancel>Fsmash kills in pools and even more throughout the day in both friendlies and MMs. EVERYONE drops their shield and tries to punish.
Hup-cancelling makes me feel like I'm playing Brawl in turbo mode when I'm on BF. I try and keep my fingers constantly doing things but not things that lag or make me punishable, and the different platforms' heights is perfect for hup-cancelling from the ground to the 1st platform, the 1st to the 2nd, and vice-versa.

I've dropped Kirby as my main. Shocker? Meh.

Fox all day. Well....all day except against ICs, Pika, and the Spacies, for now that is.

Discuss.
Not surprising, I remember you said that before, that you were planning on dropping Kirbeh. It's cool, you can only stick with a caracter if you find it fun, and not everyone finds the same character fun if they keep getting beat by the same people/feeling like you can only do so much.

Also, don't worry about the MU discussions for now. If you still feel like continuing them until they're done, wait til after school starts. This being vacation time, as contradictory as it sounds, I'm busy all the time, which sucks for my SWF duties and my happiness factor. :(

Anyway, going to a tourney in a week or two! Not playing Brawl for much makes me play differently, but in a good way! I wanna see how I do THIS time, hopefully I at least get my money back.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Well, I suppose winning is part of it, and I suppose having fun is the next largest part of it, but tbh, it's something else too.

I feel as though, the only thing standing between where I am now, and top level, is player skill. I know most every MU, strength and weakness, situational uses for attacks, stage specific shenanigans, and various Kirby playstyles. The only difference between Chu, Y.b.M. and I, is that they're better players.

I did really well with Fox this Saturday. Every pools match I played where I won, with the exception of one set against a Wolf, I won with Fox. I won the set against Wolf w/ Kirby. So, instead of trying to pick someone entirely new up, I'm just gonna swap to Fox who I know a fair amount about (took a stock of M2K so that's somewhat of a sign). Kirby's still my secondary though ;D

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I feel as though, the only thing standing between where I am now, and top level, is player skill. I know most every MU, strength and weakness, situational uses for attacks, stage specific shenanigans, and various Kirby playstyles. The only difference between Chu, Y.b.M. and I, is that they're better players.
I hear that!
Slowly, oh so slowly, getting there though. The main thing is I feel that while I improve, some players just improve ridiculously faster than I. Like Fizzle for example... Way back in 09-early 2010 I was actually better than him. I realize that was a while back, but yeah, now he just beat Shugo. I'm not sure why I can't improve at that rate, but hopefully I can figure it out and get better faster.

Also, keeping Kirby for ICs? Really?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, I suppose winning is part of it, and I suppose having fun is the next largest part of it, but tbh, it's something else too.

I did really well with Fox this Saturday. Every pools match I played where I won, with the exception of one set against a Wolf, I won with Fox. I won the set against Wolf w/ Kirby. So, instead of trying to pick someone entirely new up, I'm just gonna swap to Fox who I know a fair amount about (took a stock of M2K so that's somewhat of a sign). Kirby's still my secondary though ;D
That is a very good idea. When I first chose my tourney main, I went with strict ZSS. Same thing happened to me, I hit a point where I just couldn't get better, however everyone else was getting better and at an alarming rate. I picked up Kirby because it's the one whose traits and moveset appealed to me the most, me being a guy who likes combos and the quicker (not fast, quick in terms of attack speed) Brawl characters, and I also went straight Kirby for a couple months. I hit a plateau with Kirby later, so I went back to ZSS and found out that I was purposefully doing things I hadn't thought of doing before, which helped me out A LOT, so I used her more than Kirby for a bit. And now, I'm back to using Kirby majorly and loving every minute of it. I definitely feel like I've improved far too much, I even give my close smasher friends (used to be a crew but oh well) a run for their money, and they're ranked near the top in our PR (they don't miss tourneys, while I miss most, so I'm not as high as them).

Fox being a fast character, I'm quite sure it's gonna help you out with your playstyle a lot. IMO you should just go straight Fox for a month or two, then use Kirby in friendlies a lot to see if you feel a difference in skill level. Sometimes that's the easiest way of getting around a plateau, switch your character to a different one, just not a noticeable worse one.

I hear that!
Slowly, oh so slowly, getting there though. The main thing is I feel that while I improve, some players just improve ridiculously faster than I. Like Fizzle for example... Way back in 09-early 2010 I was actually better than him. I realize that was a while back, but yeah, now he just beat Shugo. I'm not sure why I can't improve at that rate, but hopefully I can figure it out and get better faster.
Well man, you're stressed all the time and your life is quite busy. Other people don't have it as bad as you, so they can concentrate on tourneys, fests, and whatever else they want. Meanwhile, you're doing overtime at your dishwashing job while having girl problems, not to mention college not making it any easier. It's not that they get better faster because they're that good, but because your current life impedes you from doing so. :/

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Man, why did Chu have to write those stories of his? Oh well, it happens cuz it happens.

And Asdioh... You're right, he's copying you. o_O

Kirby kickfight, gogogogo, record and youtube that crap.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oooooh, snap! Well maybe Asdioh's Fox can beat your Fox, and his Kirby can beat your Kirby! ;D

And both your TLs go even.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Jowii, I want to try Wolf vs Kirby again next time I see you. Playing against Kain showed me A) How to play Wolf better and B) how to play that MU kinda... and it's not at all like the boards said XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wolf v Kirbz is dumb lol. I'll play ya regardless, but it's just a weird MU.
Very true. That being said, I think he's my Kirby character now. Mario has too much trouble getting around that Bair. It's doable, but I can't seem to do it.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Man if I could get Singles to happen before Doubles I'm completely sure I would do better in tourneys...seeing as I wouldn't be so bored

but the last time I saw singles first doubles didnt even happen.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think Fox comes naturally to Kirby players. I like playing Fox in all the Smash games so far.

Top Bottom