• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think that "nair is underrated" post was a troll, namely because he said it has superarmor lol.

it doesn't, right?

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I think I agree with fromunda about Falco, it could go either way. And I agree with Allied about Marth. The only thing I'd say is I disagree is the D3 match-up, which I believe is even or slightly in Kirby's favor, albeit being an annoying MU. But since I haven't played a top level USA D3, I could be wrong.

I won't argue about the rest, since I haven't got much MU experience.

and happy new year's to everyone, since I won't be at home at the right time

<3 you guyz

Allied

Smash Master
I never place below top 5 in my region.

Anyway I'll see how it is over there if I have free time once I leave PR (march 2nd) and finish my basic (2 months), so around may I'll probably be looking for time to go to any tourneys/smashfests.
Stay in ur region. You are obviously doing something right and stay with your results

Over here though, Kirby doesn't survive

Theres a reason why Chu, MogX don't place consistently anymore

Chu can't place nationally anymore

Chu barely places locally anymore.

QFT
I'm going to say Allied knows a lot about the meta game in general based on this.

Except I'm not too sure about Wario ****** Kirby. I can see how it's possible, but it's more of a " I can run away and punish anything you can do whilst you cannot do the same to me" type of ****. Also, Wario gets such easy KOs, whereas Kirby has a horrendous time KOing under 160% to 180%.
Yeah thats generally it, i don't think its like extreme **** but wario i'd say beats him pretty solidly just based on what you said.

i'd say honestly 6-4 if wario plays it right 50-50 if wario doesnt.

I think I agree with fromunda about Falco, it could go either way. And I agree with Allied about Marth. The only thing I'd say is I disagree is the D3 match-up, which I believe is even or slightly in Kirby's favor, albeit being an annoying MU. But since I haven't played a top level USA D3, I could be wrong.

I won't argue about the rest, since I haven't got much MU experience.

and happy new year's to everyone, since I won't be at home at the right time

<3 you guyz
thats fine.

happy new year.

my imo on kirby

Low - Mid Level gameplay Kirby is undisputed amazing and wins alot of matchups

high level play if the person doesn't know the matchup - Kirby can go even or still win

High level play - Kirby doesn't win most high - mid tiers matchups and gets timed out / beaten.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Playing Kirby is so much fun for me again. My friend came over and played today, and Kirby does some hilarious stuff sometimes, but it's sad because we know each other too well so when I go to a tournament I have to play people that are better or have different playstyle (or more importantly, are good with characters other than Sonic) so ugh..

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I don't like Kirby vs Sonic, but yeah. My point is that all I get is Sonic practice, and he's totally different from most other characters.

The only benefit I see is that I'm really good at powershielding now, for the most part.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Happy new year everyone
for whom it's a new year

Digging the MU talk. And speaking of MUs, the thread needs to get completed. There are ~ 10 left, and it's not hard to do (though I shouldn't talk). Just make an export, invite the other boards, write summaries, and bam.

tl;dr : ur doin it wrong, talk on MUs belongs in MU discussions

So my friends put a whole bunch of fireworks inside a mailbox and the mailbox burned down. As it was burning, we kept on putting in cherry bombs. It was quite the show. I have a couple of small burn marks from the melted aluminum that came from the mailbox.

Overall quite the fun experience, even though I'm kinda sad that it's January. I like seeing time make progress as the months come by. I can't stand going back to January.

How was New Years for you guys?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Twinkie, that sounds pretty intense xD. Reminds me of the time a (probably drunk) college student put a firecracker in my mailbox, except with more permission and less my mailbox exploding randomly.

I played Mastermind with my sister, though she declined to dance with me. Overall pretty fun.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I was playing Bomberman: Second Attack til like 4am, then I went to sleep. At midnight, my parents came around and were saying HAPPY NEW YEAR, and I responded with "aaaah eeh aaaaah".

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Dang, you're right Mike. I guess that "aaah eeh aaaah" was what I said as I fell asleep.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm thinking of picking up kirby. I main Pit, and I was wondering if you guys think its worth picking him up? I plan on going to tourneys

Twinkie, that sounds pretty intense xD. Reminds me of the time a (probably drunk) college student put a firecracker in my mailbox, except with more permission and less my mailbox exploding randomly.

I played Mastermind with my sister, though she declined to dance with me. Overall pretty fun.
My neighbors combined bought like $600 dollars worth of fireworks. The good kinds. So yeah, it was quite intense. I think I have a video of it. I might upload it, even though the majority of it is in Spanish.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I leave for a week and the KGD gets infested with trolls? So dumb. I'll be back in another week or so.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
My neighbors combined bought like $600 dollars worth of fireworks. The good kinds. So yeah, it was quite intense. I think I have a video of it. I might upload it, even though the majority of it is in Spanish.
Honestly, it would only add to the experience of watching people blow up fireworks in a mailbox if they were yelling in a language I didn't understand. xD

I take french

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
RRR, remember, utilt vs Wario ftw! Get under a platform and watch him squirm in anger as you utilt his everything!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> JoWii is going to MIA as far as internet goes.

**** happens.

@Zwarm- >_> Who are you again? LAWL, jk.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I used to main Kirby... Now I main Ice Climbers and Meta knight with Kirby as a secondary even though I use more Kirby than Meta knight because ONE of the only reasons I use Meta knight is getting rid of Taunt party crashers. :3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Okay, I agree with pretty much everything in that.

Haha, it's a good mindgame. I've been trying to get over that ever since that match (I am probably the only person who encourages yelling at me during a match, then gets mad at people doing it XD ).

Are you going to SiiS4? I'd love to get some games in against you.

And yeah, I think we all play Kirby because we enjoy the character. Anyone who picked him up in hopes of consistently winning should stop deluding themselves and go pick a top tier. Not saying it's not possible, but yeah, we're mid tier for a reason.

How was New Years for you guys?
I got to work a double, go home at 2 AM, and go back to work at Noon for another double. On the plus side... hmmmhmmm... I leave half a week and still get overtime.

All things considered, it wasn't too bad.

On a side note: HOLY **** I HAVE BOTH INTERNET AND A WORKING COMPUTER AGAIN!
I have been waiting a year for this day...

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
My new years was weird. I went and drank and partied, ate some cupcakes that weren't regular cupcakes and smoked non-cigarettes smokeable substances.

I went to bad @ 4, ten kinds of ****ed up.

Btw, I won't be active online, skype or otherwise for a long while. See y'all @ SiiS4

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
My new years was weird. I went and drank and partied, ate some cupcakes that weren't regular cupcakes and smoked non-cigarettes smokeable substances.

I went to bad @ 4, ten kinds of ****ed up.

Btw, I won't be active online, skype or otherwise for a long while. See y'all @ SiiS4
see i like this post because it's subtle and not talking about stuff that shouldn't be talked about on smashboards at all. much better than what some people do sometimes >_>

so guys, I officially decided that I should call my Kirby playstyle "sandbagging"
because even when I'm trying it looks like I'm sandbagging.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash

Needs more Hup-Canceling discussion.
I'm pretty sure Hup-Canceling changes the Wario Match-up from "***** Kirby" to "Gets Hup-*****"

Silly caps dodge. ^_^

Anyways, so Kirbies! I know some of you might remember this. Remember the time in the Skype chat when we were talking about cheese for like 20 minutes? And if you do, remember what I said to get that conversation started? You know... about that sandwich that I don't remember showing you? Well after like 20 days, I FINALLY ****ING GOT IT!

[collapse="Right Here"]
[/collapse]

When I took a bite from this sandwich, I had a revelation. All of the world's secrets made sense, everything was just right in the world, but most importantly, I was put in a happy place. Nobody could touch me. Nobody could bring me down. Everything was perfect. Everything became clear, and I finally understood life, and what I had to do in this world. My goal was clear right from the first bite.... I knew... WHAT TO DO!!! The sandwich wasn't just some ordinary sandwich, it was something more. Something........ something that I desperately needed. It opened my eyes to those watching us, and I didn't look back. The sensation was so amazing, that I just had to buy a second one.

Don't get me started on how foolish eating it was because it could've been the potential death of my hypoglecemic self. I knew it was bad for me! I just had to experience the glory of that sandwich....

Twice.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT SANDWICHES NOW!

Top Bottom