• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keyboard adapter for N64

r2salz

Smash Cadet
Keyboard adapter for N64
So I've heard of people who started out on Kalleria using keyboard. And they've managed to use a keyboard at major tournaments. How did they do it and where did they buy it? Anyone know.

r2salz

Smash Cadet
I scrolled to the bottom and it's a paste bin that just shows a bunch of parts which look like you have to DIY. I just want to know how to make a keyboard work with Smash Bros. on a Nintendo 64 system.

Shears

Smash Master
I scrolled to the bottom and it's a paste bin that just shows a bunch of parts which look like you have to DIY. I just want to know how to make a keyboard work with Smash Bros. on a Nintendo 64 system.
Thats how you do it. There is nothing that is mass produced for you to buy or just plug in. To get it to work you have to DIY. At least someone has gone through the work to document and ensure the DIY method does work.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Because it is a DIY project. This is how you do it.

r2salz

Smash Cadet
Ok thanks, if there are any updates just let me know.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Updates on what? Updates as to when this is mass produced? lol

If you don't want to build it yourself, after buying the parts, pay someone to build it for you.

r2salz

Smash Cadet
Updates on what? Updates as to when this is mass produced? lol

If you don't want to build it yourself, after buying the parts, pay someone to build it for you.
You answered your own question asshole. Ya if someone knows whether or not someone is selling them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morin0

Smash Lord
No one is selling them pre-built. You can be the initiative in this endeavor and have someone commission this adapter for you. There is no need for "updates" because there won't be any. The documentation on building this is already there, so if you want an adapter, do something about it now rather than waiting on something that won't happen.

By the way @ Shears Shears , the pastebin should be updated.

Code:
xboxdrv --silent &
This is wrong. It should be

Code:
sudo xboxdrv --silent &

Last edited:

r2salz

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
haha funny lol

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
No one is selling them pre-built. You can be the initiative in this endeavor and have someone commission this adapter for you. There is no need for "updates" because there won't be any. The documentation on building this is already there, so if you want an adapter, do something about it now rather than waiting on something that won't happen.

By the way @ Shears Shears , the pastebin should be updated.

Code:
xboxdrv --silent &
This is wrong. It should be

Code:
sudo xboxdrv --silent &
I didn't make the pastebin, steve did or someone. I just linked it. When I asked for the instructions for it to reference on the site that was what I was given. Is there an updated pastebin/documentation?

Morin0

Smash Lord
I already did make one. :^)

I think it's pidge's pastebin. She should update it then.

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord
That sounds like a DIY project. You should wait on updates for someone to make it first before giving it to me.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Yeah I put that pastebin up there, I'll update it. http://pastebin.com/ZYqqz092

You answered your own question *******. Ya if someone knows whether or not someone is selling them.
Like the other people said, this isn't something like a Raphnet or a Mayflash that you can just buy off a website or whatever. It is something that you have to build yourself. Think about it like buying computer parts instead of one that is already made. Karajan invented the process and documents what parts are needed.

The pastebin that was linked was a log of a conversation between him and myself, while I was building an adapter.

You could either follow the steps in the guide to do it yourself, or find someone else here who would be willing to build it for you. But calling everyone else in here names just because this adapter isn't mass produced isn't going to get anyone to do it for you.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
This isn't a bad idea. Someone should really take the raphnet approach and make them to order. Basically have a website for people to order adapters and then go ahead and make them and ship them. Have the cost be parts+labor+shipping. @Darkhorse is that something you would want to take on as another craft that pays?

Dark Horse

Smash Cadet
As much as I love money, I've never done anything like this.
Also, my name has a space in it. The dude you linked is someone else

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I have access to a lot of broken controllers and would be willing to build adapters for people, but I have serious moral objections to myself profiting off something Karajan invented

Shears

Smash Master
I have access to a lot of broken controllers and would be willing to build adapters for people, but I have serious moral objections to myself profiting off something Karajan invented
Give him a cut. People profit off the Internet and they didn't invent it. Almost every business is profiting off things they didn't invent. I told Steve to patent the invention and he said he didn't want to.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
there is a pretty decent demand for this product and zero supply. Building these adapters would be a huge benefit to the community. If you or anyone else had the initiative to do this then you would be entitled to profit from it considering the time in labor it would take you. of course you could give karajan a cut since he invented it. since theres no supply u could pretty much charge whatever you want to ensure that both you and Karajan are compensated fairly

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Give him a cut. People profit off the Internet and they didn't invent it. Almost every business is profiting off things they didn't invent. I told Steve to patent the invention and he said he didn't want to.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.
there is a pretty decent demand for this product and zero supply. Building these adapters would be a huge benefit to the community. If you or anyone else had the initiative to do this then you would be entitled to profit from it considering the time in labor it would take you. of course you could give karajan a cut since he invented it. since theres no supply u could pretty much charge whatever you want to ensure that both you and Karajan are compensated fairly
If someone can put me in touch with Steve I'll actually do it. He deleted me off facebook and skype

No bull****, I 100% will do this

Last edited:

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
That's has never stopped any successful business before, get in the spirit of entrepreneurship!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
That's has never stopped any successful business before, get in the spirit of entrepreneurship!
Point is im not doing this without his permission. We're a community here and should be respecting each others work. If someone can get me in touch with steve and we can work something out i'll make this happen.

Top Bottom