• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keroro Platoon Presents: [Smash Sign] "Beta Ignition" (2014/12/14)

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone who came out to this event! I apologize for the traffic issues (which did delay the tourney by a bit), but we still managed to get everything finished up. Big thanks to Hilt who helped me out a ton with Tio.

Anyway, on to the results:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Doubles:
1: Keroro Platoon (KERO; Amida) ($70.00)
2: Judo Chops and Abortion Locks (Airborne; Judo) ($30.00)
3: Spec of Salt (Spec; Earl)
4: Church of Martel (Hilt; Son-in-Law)
5: Bunch a Jokas (Hoboz; Joystick Knight)
Bracket:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles:
1: Judo ($80.00) :4sheik:
2: DtJ S2 ($40.00):4miibrawl::4pacman:
3: Amida ($24.00):4ness::4diddy:
4: DtJ Hilt ($16.00):4villager::4robinm:
5: KERO:4greninja::rosalina:
5: Airborne:4yoshi:
7: Flygon:4luigi::4greninja:
7: Sam:4mario:
9: Spec:4littlemac::4pikachu:
9: Joystick Knight:4shulk:
9: Lumpy Gravy:4greninja::rosalina:
9: Soupy:4ness:
13: Mazha(?)
13: Son-in-Law:4littlemac:
13: XIII:4falcon:
13: tRACK:4diddy::4zss:(Dropped out)

Bracket:
I hope everyone can come out to our next event in late January/early December!

Claim results here.

Last edited:

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Shoutouts to
airborn: Good games man. Seems I keep coming up against you in tournament haha. Your Yoshi is srsly terrifying. I'll be prepared next time

tRACK: Enjoyed the matches against you! Your ZSS and Diddy are so difficult to play against x.x. I hope to play you again sometime!

Sam: MARIO! Now I know why little macs hate him. First time playing against one, and your mario is a beast! Good games!

Last edited:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Mazha played Sheik and Pacman.
Might as well just put me down as Villager, I only played Robin one game in bracket and didn't use him in pools.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
You already know what I'm going to say about Mii Fighters and we really need to take a moment and seriously discuss whether we want Customs legal or not.

ggs to everybody.

flygon: show up earlier so we can team dude!
sam: beast mario, nice friendlies w/ you

XIII: my mii's face changed forever after that knee
JStick: shulk takes a lot of work and situational knowledge but you're doing a lot of really good things and catching people off guard.

mazha: ggs, I enjoyed our set.
airborne: sorry, I thought you wanted cheese with your eggs
kero: just really not a good match-up for you. you capitalized on your anti-airs when you got them though and gave me a lot of difficulty with your n-air and jabs. looking forward to our rematch.
hilt: you're trying really hard to prove me wrong! D-t-J! D-t-J! Gi-rl-friend! Gi-rl-friend!
amida: shoulda stuck it out w/ Ness. Jigg's could've worked if she could gimp me, but it turns out she can't cover any high recovery in the slightest.
judo: After I won the pools set by an inch, I sorta knew I wouldn't be able to beat you in the inevitable 2 or 3 more sets we would have to play. You figured out all the big pinpoints in my gameplan very quickly and how to play around those and by Grand Finals I was just throwing every trick I could think of. Should've went back to the most basic and safe game I could, but that's only occurring to me now. Seriously like the only player I can't consistently trick or bait.

sorry for anybody I left out but you were cool too!

Last edited:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Judo: Enjoy yourself in Europe. I'll be seeing you when you get back.
S2: I do think you're wrong, but that's not what I'm trying for. I haven't had a drive to get good at smash since early 2010. Now that I've found my character, I'm good to go.
Amida: Really enjoyed our sets. Especially the last one. Looking forward to playing you again.
DtJ Hilt: Not bad.
Kero: Enjoyed the tournament. Keep it up, you're going to be a solid TO. Bummed we didn't get to play. Let's make that happen, though. I'm going to be setting aside time for myself for friendlies this Saturday, I want us to play. Wifi too.
Airborne: Great set. I was banking on that bowling ball. Yoshi is terrifying in the hands of someone that mained him in Brawl. And as technical of a player as you are, I'm expecting you to do really well this time around. Excited to play you again soon, man.
Flygon: was great that you made it out! Don't know if you'll be making it to my tournament this upcoming Saturday, but it'd be awesome to see you at more tournaments in general!
Sam: How's it feel to be the other example for this tournament to why people don't like customs? Haha. Enjoyed our game we were able to get in, sorry I had to head out. Hoping to see you at my tournament. Keep it up, man.
Spec: Didn't get a chance to see or play your Little Mac, but I liked the Pikachu. Enjoyed our set, I always get worried when I play a character that can get in as well as Pikachu can.
Joystick Knight: Good games during our doubles friendlies, dont' think I ended up playing you outside of that, though.
Lumpy Gravy: Hope you enjoyed your first smash tournament! Let's get some games in next time you're in town.
Soupy: Awww yeah! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Keep it up, we'll definitely be getting some more smashfests in before you head to NKU. Enjoyed the road trip. Listening to Explosions in the Sky atm, haha.
Mazha: Dork :p Glad you enjoyed yourself! <3 <3 Was happy you were able to go with us! Really hoping you make it out to some events in the future as well, even if you don't feel up to going to them all, haha.
Son-in-Law: This was the first step of the climb. I'd say it gets easier from here on out, but it doesn't. You find new obstacles each time you overcome the last. Keep it up, don't slow down. Round 2's coming up soon.
XIII: Seems I'm not the only one that liked your Falcon, haha. You seriously worried me in our set.
Track: Hoping to see you at more events! Enjoyed our warm up games we got in at the beginning of the event!
Hoboz: Really doesn't seem like you like this game. Hope that changes, but I know how much you like PM.

Last edited:
Top Bottom