• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keroro Platoon Presents: Smash Sign "Alpha Combustion"

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Well, this was my first tourney. I apologize that we ended up running late and for that last minute change to a sixteen man bracket from an eight man bracket. This was agreed upon by the TO and all the co-TOs to be the best decision we could have made given the circumstances. I honestly wasn't too familiar with Swiss, so I hadn't anticipated that huge headache that might result from it. I definitely don't think I'll be using that format in the future; it would probably be better to just stick with pools. I feel like I learned a lot from running the tournament, though, so next time I should hopefully be able to provide a better experience. Anyway...
Results:

Doubles
1. Sp3c (DtJ Stew and Spec) :4miibrawl::rosalina:/:4littlemac:($48)
2. Keroro Platoon (Amida and KERO) :4ness::4bowser:/:4greninja: ($24)
3. Swords of the Century (Kryp and A:G~) :4megaman::4lucina:/:4gaw::4myfriends::4mario: ($8)
4. Church of Martel (Hilt and Son-in-Law) :4robinf:/:4littlemac:(?)

Didn't make Bracket:
Super Swag Devil Sexy Ninjas (Jfever and Vivo(?)) :4littlemac:(?)/:4ness:
A Balanced Breakfast (Airborne and Marty McParty) :4yoshi:/:4pacman::4villager:
She's a Man (Shadow Phoenix951 and Earl) :4sheik:/:4sheik:(?)
Tin Pin Slammer (Varblizer and Prexicounter) :4charizard::4zelda:(?)/(?)

Swiss (top 4 advanced to bracket)
Bracket (double elimination)

Singles

1. KERO :4greninja: ($57.5)

2. Airborne :4yoshi:($28.75)

3. A:G~ :4myfriends:/:4mario:($17.25)

4. Amida :4ness:/:4bowser:($11.5)

5. Kryp :4megaman:/:4lucina:(?)

5. Rowan :4pacman:

7. DtJ Stew :rosalina:/:4miibrawl:

7. Jacob :4littlemac: (dropped out)

9. Hilt :4robinf:

9. Shadow Phoenix951 :4sheik:

9. Ttar :4darkpit:/:4dedede:

9. Varblizer :4zelda::4charizard:

13. Dank Dave :4ness:

13. Marty McParty :4pacman::4dk:

13. Prexicounter (?)

13. Vivo :4ness:

Did not make bracket

18. Jfevr :4littlemac:

18. Kryp|Ogie :4falco:

21. CornGamer (?)

21. Mazha :4wiifit:

21. SenoMajo23 :rosalina:

21. Son-in-Law :4littlemac:

21. Spec :4link:

Swiss (top 16 made it to bracket)

Bracket (double elimination)

Basic data:
1: :4greninja::4yoshi::4myfriends::4mario::4ness::4bowser::4megaman::4lucina::rosalina::4miibrawl::4robinf::4sheik::4zelda::4charizard:
2: (none)
3: :4littlemac:

(Reserved for the data SP and Ttar collected)

I would like to thank everyone who came out and dealt with my novice TO skills. I once again apologize for how the tourney was rather haphazard and how it ended much later than it should have, but I hope that everyone had some amount of fun. I feel that I definitely learned a lot, and I promise that next time I will handle things a lot better.

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Swiss is hard to run the first time!

I've found it best to have several stacks where you can put "player cards" that indicate their win/loss ratio (indicated by tally marks on the back of the card), then you just take the cards, shuffle, deal. It helps making it an automatic process.

VivoArdente

Smash Rookie
Vivo here, go ahead and put me down as Ness everywhere as I used him the entire tourney.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Mazha used Wii Fit Trainer (Female). Enjoyed the tournament, man. We'll talk more next time around and I'll do what I can to help things flow a little better.

Agent:Guilt~

Smash Cadet
NNID
ImAgentGuilt
Great tourney, had a fun time and everything. :D
ttar played dark pit
dank dave played ness
Spec played link
and ogie played falco.

Corngamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corngamer
3DS FC
0645-5918-0354
"We should do this again sometime!"

In all seriousness, I had a ton of fun, despite being the youngest person there and only winning 1 match. XD
Signed up for the mentoring project, because learning is earning. I also plan on doing commentary on the replays I saved and uploading it to my gaming channel, if anybody's interested.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
"We should do this again sometime!"
In all seriousness, I had a ton of fun, despite being the youngest person there and only winning 1 match. XD
Signed up for the mentoring project, because learning is earning. I also plan on doing commentary on the replays I saved and uploading it to my gaming channel, if anybody's interested.
Updated the OP. Thanks for helping out everyone!

Also, I should be E-mailing mentor information out tomorrow. Really tired right now, and I have quite a bit of homework to finish up. Thank you for coming all this way, though; glad you could make it and that you had fun! I know what it's like to be one of the younger ones (and I still am really lol). I began my competitive career with Brawl back in 2009 when I was only 13, but I stuck with it to this day. Hilt was one of the big reasons I ended up sticking with the scene for so long, so I hope that you and your mentor can establish a similar relationship. You'll improve; trust me. The more you play, the more you understand the game, your character, and fighting games/Smash in general, so just keep at it! I hope that we see each other at future tourneys!

Last edited:

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I played Dedede just as much as Dark Pit, so add him to mine, please. Also, SenoMajo23 played Rosalina.

This was pretty well run for your first tournament. I'm always glad to help, and I learned a lot about Swiss brackets too. GGs to all, Rosalina is dumb, and see you all next time!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
The swiss pools into double elim bracket was very exhausting to me. I played Amida a total of 6 times between Doubles and Singles.

My ego and lack of endurance held me back in singles as always. Always next time & maybe I'll find a way to enjoy the game by then. At least I retained my status as the premier doubles player.

Corngamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corngamer
3DS FC
0645-5918-0354
Uploaded commentary to my gaming channel. If you wanna see 30 minutes of bad gameplay, worse commentary, and even worse video quality because I'm not paying $400 for a 3DS capture card, knock yourself out.

Top Bottom