• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Smash Championship!!!! Parallel Worlds... - December 14th, 2013 - Louisville, Ky

po0psmith

Smash Rookie
Me and a buddy of mine are rolling down tonight from Columbus and are probably staying in a hotel near the venue. If theres any Louisville peeps out there that want to play tonight we will have a setup on us (we play melee and PM) or if theres a spot where people are playing tonight it'd be cool to get the heads up, I could use the practice. Anyone who wants to play can text me - 614-580-3967

Pfrog

Smash Rookie
Sorry to get your hopes up, I wish I was cool like him but I'm just another noob with a beard. I'm bringing my 64 controller and really excited to play anyone. Never played melee or pm before but I'm not opposed to learning tomorrow night. Should be fun just to watch a tourney.

гυιη

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unique
3DS FC
5198-2442-2813
I'll be there around 3-4. Got some business to take care of early in the morning and I'm ushering out a friend to the airport so that he can catch his flight tomorrow. Will have my CRT with my melee setup, and possibly a second one if my friend's CRT isn't too big to fit into my car.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Ok peeps im doing the post to make everything clear.

Venue ($5): I think the venue owner wants us there at like 11:30ish... anyone willing to set up should be there a bit earlier. I will be :)

Brawl ($10): Yes there is brawl. No there is not brawl doubles. Brawl sign ups will probably end at 12:15 so we can stat by 12:30 and be done by 3~

Melee Singles($10): I will start taking signups once the brawl bracket is up and running. Melee should be the largest event by a sizable margin and I am honestly expecting upwards of 30 people. We might be getting closer to 35 or 40 if randoms sign up. My main concern is getting this event to run as smooth as possible. There will be 8 dedicated set ups AT LEAST during this time. Assuming there will be left over TVs, they can be used for whatever ( Other smash games or Mario Party for shonic)

PM and Melee doubles will take place later on after the other 2 events.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

Venue ($5): I think the venue owner wants us there at like 11:30ish... anyone willing to set up should be there a bit earlier. I will be :)

Brawl ($10): Yes there is brawl. No there is not brawl doubles. Brawl sign ups will probably end at 12:15 so we can stat by 12:30 and be done by 3~

Melee Singles($10): I will start taking signups once the brawl bracket is up and running. Melee should be the largest event by a sizable margin and I am honestly expecting upwards of 30 people. We might be getting closer to 35 or 40 if randoms sign up. My main concern is getting this event to run as smooth as possible. There will be 8 dedicated set ups AT LEAST during this time. Assuming there will be left over TVs, they can be used for whatever ( Other smash games or Mario Party for shonic)

Ok so what will the signup deadlines be for each tournament? Will it be just before the event starts? Or will there be an exact time?

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Ok so what will the signup deadlines be for each tournament? Will it be just before the event starts? Or will there be an exact time?
There will prob be a 10-15 minute period between events that we will try to wrap up sign ups on... the only event that we have a general range for ATM is brawl since it is first. Its hard to tell what the other sign up times will be because this is only the second tournament we have run at this location and we don't have an exact number of entrants.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
There will prob be a 10-15 minute period between events that we will try to wrap up sign ups on... the only event that we have a general range for ATM is brawl since it is first. Its hard to tell what the other sign up times will be because this is only the second tournament we have run at this location and we don't have an exact number of entrants.
I am ok with this. So would it be safe to say get there before about 2 for Melee sign-ups since Brawl is expected to go until about 3? Already know I ain't playin no damn Brawl in a tournament lol

Gubob

Saru yarou

What about P:M singles?

Gubob

Saru yarou
PM (singles) and Melee Doubles will be after. the order is pretty much up to what people want.
Ah, okay. It seemed like you were saying both were doubles. Cool.

There isn't an official P:M ruleset, so what's it gonna be for this?

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
I could bring a setup if I bring my computer monitor + speakers for Project M. I don't think there is any lag with it, but it's not CRT and it's not the largest thing around. Is it worth bringing?

Also probably won't be there until a little after noon, since PM is later on in the event and I'm awake really late right now :p

Edit: Also saw about a stream and maybe needing commentators, I wouldn't mind doing some. I have some experience doing it with other games, but my smash knowledge isn't quite as indepth and I don't know all the matchups in and out. I've lurked for a long time and have watched / read about a ****-ton a smash, but I bet there will be others with more experience.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
I could bring a setup if I bring my computer monitor + speakers for Project M. I don't think there is any lag with it, but it's not CRT and it's not the largest thing around. Is it worth bringing?

Also probably won't be there until a little after noon, since PM is later on in the event and I'm awake really late right now :p

Edit: Also saw about a stream and maybe needing commentators, I wouldn't mind doing some. I have some experience doing it with other games, but my smash knowledge isn't quite as indepth and I don't know all the matchups in and out. I've lurked for a long time and have watched / read about a ****-ton a smash, but I bet there will be others with more experience.
If you want to bring that set up you can, but there is no guarantee that picky players would want to use it. Idk how legit the stream is gonna be, i'm mostly in charge of doing brackets and making them run, im prob not the best guy to ask about the stream

Gubob

Saru yarou

Are you referring to running P:M on Dolphin?

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Ah, okay. It seemed like you were saying both were doubles. Cool.

There isn't an official P:M ruleset, so what's it gonna be for this?
We're just gonna have to use some sense and pick out the best stages. Norfair is banned vs Ice climbers for glitch reasons, and giga bowser is also banned. I think that the players will decide whether or not they use alt costumes. I have played with them and haven't experienced any lag yet so I think they should be allowed.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

If it's not CRT then there is lag. It might be neglegible, or you might just be used to playing on it. But as ol' dood said, a lot of the players will probably be all nit-picky about it. (Maybe myself included depending on how laggy it is) I know my monitor that I usually bring (and will be bringing for Fightfest/Side P:M) has a 3ms lag which I am okay with. And most others who usually play on CRT have found it acceptable.

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
I believe mine is rated at 5ms. Might see I can get my hands on a CRT, doubt I'll bring this if it doesn't seem like people will use it. That and it's only a 23" widescreen.

And no, not on Dolphin. Just using a VGA cable.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Well, that was really fun! Sorry I left early; I just had to go. Honestly, though, I was still confused as to what was going on. xP Nice meeting you, too, Amida. And all the others as well, although I forgot who most of you were. I was so tired! I'd say that was a great first tournament~

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
40 entrants melee 42 pm biggest ky tourney me and shard took 3rd in teams and I got 3rd in melee singles easily the best tourney ive ever been to thanks for all that came the next installment will be soon goodin will get results up when pm singles are done

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Results may be up tonight depending on how little I procrastinate today. Thank you all for attending, sorry if I did a bad job TOing, but it was my second time. Shout outs to hoboz, spec, Broverdose, Kelly, and who ever esle for helping . Next installment will be next February, as we are trying to do this every 2 months. Also next time brawl will not be an event because 3 hours to run a 12 man bracket is not in my interest of time. Pm doubles could have clocked in 30+ entrants and taken about the same amount of time. Sorry brawl peeps :(. It sucks to cut you guys off but when we have limited time and space like we did last night, brawl is not optimal.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Hey, so, do any of you work at the PWG place? xD I realized that I actually left my copy of Brawl there... I'm way too forgetful sometimes. I already called the store about it, and a guy named "Rob," who I presume is the manager, told me that he could mail it to me. He said to give him my address on the FB page, but for some reason it will not let me message them. I tried calling again and posting something on the page, but so far there's been no response. It would be really convenient if any of you happened to be there. xD Then, if it's not too much trouble, I could just PM you my address and easily get everything sorted out, if you would be so kind. I would be really thankful.
Lol, I'm a mess. xP

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Hey, so, do any of you work at the PWG place? xD I realized that I actually left my copy of Brawl there... I'm way too forgetful sometimes. I already called the store about it, and a guy named "Rob," who I presume is the manager, told me that he could mail it to me. He said to give him my address on the FB page, but for some reason it will not let me message them. I tried calling again and posting something on the page, but so far there's been no response. It would be really convenient if any of you happened to be there. xD Then, if it's not too much trouble, I could just PM you my address and easily get everything sorted out, if you would be so kind. I would be really thankful.
Lol, I'm a mess. xP
Yes your brawl copy is in his hands. Try to message the pwg Facebook page. There is also a luigi mansion dark moon copy and a copy of Pokemon Y that was left there

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Yes your brawl copy is in his hands. Try to message the pwg Facebook page. There is also a luigi mansion dark moon copy and a copy of Pokemon Y that was left there
I tried to message them, but it doesn't work. It gives me an error message saying, "Unable to add this person or people to the conversation." I'm new to FB, so... I have no idea what that means. xD

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
I tried to message them, but it doesn't work. It gives me an error message saying, "Unable to add this person or people to the conversation." I'm new to FB, so... I have no idea what that means. xD
Hmmmm try to add either Rob Grasso or Wayne Huang on face book.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
That was a darn good day/night. I didn't do well as I expected, I don't think having tech skill alone will do me any good if I only played computer opponents up to this point. I'll be showing up to the Saturday friendlies night. I need practice with real people. Oh and since I'm a premium member on here, how do I change my name. It needs to be "ToTs"

Top Bottom