• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Masters: The Ultimate Echo (Street) Fighter

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Although I think Ken merits to be a playable character, I just noticed that Capcom sacrificed Zero's oppurtonity to be playable by having him as an assist trophy to have Ken be playable. One major thing is that Ken is an Echo/semi-clone wheareas Zero would be a playable character made from Scratch.

Also, I'm wondering, so Megaman is more iconic and famous than Ryu, but is Ken really more iconic than Zero? I'm not sure if Zero or Ken would've made a better 3rd Capcom rep.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
More iconic to the Capcom brand?

Hell, yeah he is.

It's not even a debate.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Although I think Ken merits to be a playable character, I just noticed that Capcom sacrificed Zero's oppurtonity to be playable by having him as an assist trophy to have Ken be playable.
That wasn’t Capcom’s decision, that was Sakurai’s.

It’s unlikely Zero was actually sacrificed, too. Since he’s an AT, Sakurai probably didn’t consider him to be playable or at least didn’t consider him much.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It’s unlikely Zero was actually sacrificed, too. Since he’s an AT, Sakurai probably didn’t consider him to be playable or at least didn’t consider him much.
Who do you would make a better 4th Capcom rep, Chun-li as a 3rd Street Fighter rep, or Zero as a 2nd Mega Man rep? Well one thing I've noticed is that well Mega Man is more iconic than Ryu, but Ryu, and his series is more popular for some reason.

Top Bottom