• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Masters: The Ultimate Echo (Street) Fighter

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I keep reading both sides on this mural thing and it's really ticking me off that they're forgetting one (or several) crucial element of this whole thing: This mural is specifically made for a sky tube display, not for a wall poster. These are not just simple paper/posters, this is completely different material separated into three parts. Plus, there will possibility be light inside. If you wanted to make the characters standout and not get clashed with certain elements in the background, you would make certain edits to the background itself. And for a light being inside, ever tried a lamp with a different shade? It looks different when the light is on, right? Whatever colors their using for this sky tube, it's to make it so the light brings it to life.

I don't understand why no one talks about this. Unless I've missed it.

I'm no expert at this. Just observations I've been making. People are forgetting what this mural's purpose is for.

Edit: words
Thoughts from the Isaac Thread (also posted in general)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Good night all! Try and get some rest and not worry too much! Tomorrow is a bright day full of possibilities! Let's all stay positive and hope for the best. Love you all! See you on the other side! And Happy Halloween! <3

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Happy Halloween everybody! Yeah. I know. It's a bit late, but you know what they say. "Better late than never."

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Isaacgal here.

Ken's an echo fighter I've wanted to see since echo fighters became a thing. If Simon can get Richter as an echo fighter then darn it, Ryu should get Ken as his echo fighter. Just hold on everyone and I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seeing the OG echo fighter from legit my first multiplayer game (Street Fighter II) probably just a few hours away from being revealed as playable in my favorite fighting game franchise... insane.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Well, he is the ultimate echo. Seems to have the most thought put into him.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Wow. When the game was announced, Ken was such an out there idea... And look at us now, hehe.
Seeing Ken revealed reminded me of something. Back when Smash 4 was still fresh and Ryu got revealed, I always thought "man, wouldn't it be cool if he had a Ken costume?" It was strange to me that he didn't get one back then.
Then June comes and Ultimate is revealed. First I notice Ryu has no Ken costume still. Then some fake leaks suggested Ken and that motivated me to make this thread.

I now notice, I've been believing in Ken for much longer than I expected. Long before the Grinch Leak, long before the image leak of Ken, long before Vergeben, long before even Ultimate's teaser back in March. That's kind of crazy, but also really neat.

I want to thank you all for your support here in this thread. For all the few of you who believed in Ken since the beginning, and even all of you who came here because of the leaks. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions this past few months and I wish you a nice day.
We made it y'all, thank you.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
Congrats Ken fans. Ken seems to have a bit more work put into him then some other echoes and I like how they did his reveal first when most where expecting it to be the other way around.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
It's pretty funny that when this thread goes to the Ryu subforum, the first thing you'll see is a Yellow Puffle from Club Penguin. :laugh:

toonito

Smash Ace
Can you play as Ken Masters in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch?

SURE-YOU-CAN!

congrats everyone

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Ken looks freakin' fantastic. They definitely put a lot of love into him despite still being an Echo.

Will definitely end up using him more than Ryu lol.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I don't really have any personal connection to him but thought he seemed more than worthy as the original echo. Congratulations to you guys and gals. The sparring between Ken and Incineroar is going to be fun. Foung this on Tumblr.

incinken meme.jpg

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
It's kinda surreal how far Ken's support has come over the months leading up to now. Originally I started off thinking he'd be a fun addition, but I didn't really think his chances were that high. I mean here's my quote on the first page from way back in July:
This would be a super cool idea, especially since he pretty much is the original echo character in fighting game history. If not an echo fighter, I'd hope he could at least be an alternate costume character for Ryu, sorta like the Olimar/Alph situation. Needless to say, I support Ken. (Could we get some Street Fighter assist trophies too while we're at it?)
But then he started appearing on leaks months later, and it eventually got to the point where almost everyone agreed Ken was the closest thing to a shoe-in character. And here we are now. I'm happy to say I supported him from the beginning, and I'm glad he got in.

Last edited:

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Great to have Ken playable in Smash Bros I like that he has different Final Smashes :D

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm surprised that an echo would have different walking/running speeds. Now people are gonna be even more curious why Dr. Mario isn't considered an echo.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seeing the OG echo fighter from legit my first multiplayer game (Street Fighter II) probably just a few hours away from being revealed as playable in my favorite fighting game franchise... insane.
I thought the Ken reveal would be A++, amazing, great.

It was not anywhere near that.

No.

It was MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER

HIS MODEL LOOKS SO GOOD
HE'S SUPER TURBO KEN WITH MODIFICATIONS YES
HE'S GOT THE MVC AND SVC STUFF
HE FREAKING MOVES SO SMOOTHLY

WHY CAN'T CAPCOM MAKE GAMES WHERE KEN LOOKS THIS COOL, THIS GOOD AND MOVES THIS SMOOTHLY!?!?!?

Namco Bandai and Sakurai and this dev team are madmen and Ken is fantastic.

Well down all in the development of him. I can't wait to get my hands on Ken Masters!!!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Am I the only one who thinks Ken's Final Smashes should have been the other way around, with Shinryuken up close and {Japanese tongue-twisting mouthful} from further away? Shinryuken looks like more of a point-blank move, while the other one goes across the stage.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Still drooling over Ken!

His trailer actually made me question whether he's an Echo or not, I mean he has so many unique animations!

Originally, I planned to have Ken as a secondary to my scaly Boi, but now I'll totally Co-Main them.

Team King Ken Rool

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
After watching so much salt after the deconfirmation massacre today, it feels good to see the original echo fighter standing proud and tall among the wreckage, among the greats where he belongs. Damn he looks so cool in this game!

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Still can’t believe my boy is in the game. Nintendo vs. Capcom is now possible thanks to 3v3 Squad Strike.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ken is my BOY. I know earlier I said I'd prefer Sakura or Dan as echoes or Bison as a new SF rep, but seeing that trailer made me remember just how much I love Ken as a character. He's a goofball and he looks INCREDIBLE in this game. He has THAT EVO MOMENT as his FS and his long flowing locks and they even reference MVC! MVC2 is one of the favorite fighters!

I'll be honest, I never played much Ryu in 4 because by the time he came out I was winding down with the game, but I can absolutely see myself playing some Ken. He's so fun! Congrats, guys!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't think he's really an echo fighter, he seems very different from Ryu.
Echo fighters started with characters who were less different than Melee clones, and ended with one who'd fit among the Brawl clones.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I feel like I bandwagoned a bit or maybe it was too obvious of a choice, but happy to be on Team Ken right now :)

He looks main-worthy to me and even though it’s weird because I didn’t think echoes were supposed to be different with speed, etc. I like that he’s a little bit faster than Ryu. Speedy’s my preferred playstyle anyway. I just gotta work on my Shoryuken input now :p

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Still can’t believe my boy is in the game. Nintendo vs. Capcom is now possible thanks to 3v3 Squad Strike.
You could also do Konami vs Capcom.
Snake plus the Belmonts vs Megaman plus Ken and Ryu.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
You could also do Konami vs Capcom.
Snake plus the Belmonts vs Megaman plus Ken and Ryu.
Hadn’t thought of that one; pretty cool! But if an actual NvC game were to exist, catch me eating all my clothes.

Top Bottom