• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Masters: The Ultimate Echo (Street) Fighter

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I just want to point out that if you look very closely in the bottom right corner Ken does indeed have an icon as you can see his transparent render.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Here's a closeup on Ken's portrait, shared on the official discussion thread by Maxoxpower:
1537565258311.png

The one thing that kills this leak for me is still his foot, not the one clipping in the stage but the other one. Something about it seems off, like it’s floating or maybe just pasted there.
There's a bug where the metal plate on that stage doesn't show shadows for some reason; not sure what thread this was originally on, I just got it from the Geno thread:
1537565203151.png

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
"I am maining K. Rool and Ken" is such a weird thing to say, yet so wonderful

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just remind the Pichu photo is not the same as E3

Look at Pichu’s ear on the left comparing it to E3

There’s is slightly more ear than the E3 Pichu and Pichu was never playable in the demo remember that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This might help the leak even more

As you can see the Pichu today is different from the one shown at E3

And looks a lot more like the one from the suposivly photo

And if that wasn’t enough Artsy Omni thinks it’s real

And he’s definately a high level of figuring out if photos are fake or not

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Ken is the original echo fighter before echo fighters were a thing back when Street Fighter II came out, so I support his inclusion.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Has the Ken pic been debunked yet? I'm still waiting on more news about this supposed leak.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Even though I'm more of an Akuma fan, Ken has earned his spot and is long overdue (can't have Ryu without Ken).

I support!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Ken is one of my favorite Street Fighter characters alongside Ryu, Bison and Akuma. The leak is looking pretty darn real so I'm ready to say he's someone I'm gonna pick up. I support good 'ol Ken Masters.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Last time I dropped by here Ken was just hopeful thinking. now he's pretty much locked in! which makes me happy! it never felt right to have Ryu in the game without his best friend Ken!

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
That leak of Ken in Smash looks the most convincing yet!

Ken needs two designs for Smash. His design from Street Fighter II and his design from Street Fighter V.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I updated the support list and added more stock icons to the OP.
Now I'll ask you guys... will you main Ken when the game comes out? Personally, he will be one of my secondaries.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Now I'll ask you guys... will you main Ken when the game comes out? Personally, he will be one of my secondaries.
Well, TBH I’m kind of indecisive when it comes to picking Smash mains and secondaries. I don’t know who to main and who to secondary.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Well I'll be playing him over Ryu for sure, however he won't be my real main. that honor goes to the Kremling King. He'll make a great secodary, though

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
While I've never played a Street Fighter game, I honestly like Ken as in terms of appearance and looks, and having a Ryu but with fire would actually be very visually appealing and cool, plus he's factually the original Echo Fighter. Count me in as a supporter!

toonito

Smash Ace
he'll be one of my secondaries as well and one of my friends is a true blue Ryu main if I team up with him in doubles I'll definitely play Ken

That leak of Ken in Smash looks the most convincing yet!

Ken needs two designs for Smash. His design from Street Fighter II and his design from Street Fighter V.
I agree and Ryu should have 4 SFII alts and 4 SFV alts (Bearded Ryu)

If he gets SFV alts Smash Ultimate Ryu in particular could be an amalgamation of him throughout the SF series.

SFI & II: Introduction and Design
SFIII: Donkey Kick (Forward Smash) and Parry (Perfect Shield sound)
SFIV: Focus Attack (Down Special)
SFV?: Appearance

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I also think Ken’s Theme needs a Ver. 2 Remix arranged by, none other than, Yoko Shimomura, herself, for Smash!

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ryu's new model for Ultimate actually takes quite a bit from his SFV design.

Which, mind you, is some pretty minor differences, but hey it's gotta count for something.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Ryu's new model for Ultimate actually takes quite a bit from his SFV design.

Which, mind you, is some pretty minor differences, but hey it's gotta count for something.
In Ultimate, his face kinda looks like Kazuya’s face from Tekken. And I kinda like it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No point supporting all leading evidence seems to support Ken along with Incineroar are pretty lock-on for this game.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Hey, do you guys think Ken will be announced alongside Incineroar, or separately? Of course the special edition box releases early November, so it's just a matter of time. How do you guys think they will reveal Ken?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey, do you guys think Ken will be announced alongside Incineroar, or separately? Of course the special edition box releases early November, so it's just a matter of time. How do you guys think they will reveal Ken?
I'm honestly thinking what were getting supposedly this week or this month (Mid or Late October) is the final direct. If I had to guess we'll probably be getting 4-5 more characters among those being Ken and Incineroar so yes.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don’t think Incineroar’s in the game, so I guess separately.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I'm honestly thinking what were getting supposedly this week or this month (Mid or Late October) is the final direct. If I had to guess we'll probably be getting 4-5 more characters among those being Ken and Incineroar so yes.
I mean it would be rather strange that we get a final direct in october, to me anyways. If that happens, then what do we get in November? What else thats considered big news would be in the month before the game releases? Seems a little too early too me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean it would be rather strange that we get a final direct in october, to me anyways. If that happens, then what do we get in November? What else thats considered big news would be in the month before the game releases? Seems a little too early too me.
It would make most sense and logical thing to do this month because November is terrible time for leaks. Remember what happened with Brawl and Sm4sh before launch? You'd think Sakurai and Nintendo would learn that.

That and Pokemon Go comes out next month so that gives it the spotlight while Smash gets it this month.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
If Ken isn't in, I will do a backflip.

Coming from somebody who'd prefer Sakura, or Dan, or even Akuma as the Ryu Echo, I'm as certain as can be that Ken is in.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
holy frick this day has been crazy
It's just what the speculation scene needed to ignite discussion. Whether this is fake or real, at least it has people talking until our next batch of news.

Last edited:
Top Bottom