• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Combo tips?

SanicDaHoogheheg

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to perfect the Ken Combo. Doing the combo itself is easy, but doing it after a chain of combos is hard for me. From 0%, I usually chain grab, throw up in the air, up tilt, regrab and throw into air, up air a few times to juggle, and its here where I usually mess up. I fair them but they usually fly outwards. I know the tipper sends them up, but I heard that while they're in the air I should do a close fair instead. Any tips?

forbidden12

Smash Cadet
I'm assuming that since they flew outwards they are trying to DI away.
Also when you attempt to ken combo at lower percents 40-60ish i would recommend using the tip of his sword but at higher percents 70-90 use the base of the sword.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
There is no guaranteed way to Ken combo. Recognize DI where the combo will not connect and experiment with mixups to keep the combo going. If they go too far from your fair for another one to connect, try going for a dash grab or dash attack to keep them afloat. Also if they go too far, most likely they're at too high a percent. You can settle for catching them with the dair at 50-60% most of the time. Worst case scenario, you get great positioning for an easy edgeguard.

Be_Happy

Smash Rookie
Ken mentions in a video that he never uses c-stick to ken combo and using A makes it more reliable and easy.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
Ken mentions in a video that he never uses c-stick to ken combo and using A makes it more reliable and easy.
really?! what could really be the difference? maybe he was only talking about how confortable he was with the input...

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
maybe it has to deal with moving forward while doing forward air to cover more distance.

Top Bottom