• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

D

Deleted member

3 and a half years ago I watched a movie called "Fireworks" and the only scene I remember was the main character Nazuna singing a song from Japanese singer Seiko Matsuda.
I translate the lyrics from the original Japanese and the lyrics are very different from the official when translated.
untitled (11).png

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I hope we see DMC 4 SE and DmC tomorrow
DMC4SE would be great - I've only ever played the original DMC4, so I'd like to try playing as Vergil, Trish, and Lady. (who knows - maybe that could inspire me to write yet another Devil May Cry moveset!)

Nothing that I've seen of DmC appeals to me - I've heard the gameplay's good (or at least okay), but the story and characters are off-putting to me.

For reference, a Nintendo Direct's been announced for 2 pm PST/5 pm EST tomorrow. It's 50 minutes long and the first full-sized general Direct in over a year, and Smash Bros. news has been confirmed, so expectations are high.

Momentary

Smash Cadet
Yeah DmC isnt my favorite but having most of the dmc games on switch sounds nice even if they arent to the highest quality.

jadetheseer

Smash Cadet
How likely do you guys think it is that Dante gets revealed for Smash tomorrow? Personally, I don’t think a very high amount but who knows!

Momentary

Smash Cadet
Im not betting on anything tomorrow. in fact it's the sakurai presents im looking towards to.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
outside of DMC4SE possbly being sneak announced in one of those upcoming games compilations, I'm not particularly expecting him or anyone in particular as a potential announcement for Smash.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I'm not expecting Dante to be revealed in the Direct but I'm fast-tracking my updated moveset to be released before it just so that work I did isn't put to waste if he is.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all. Coming by to wish you luck in your favorite pizza and sundae-loving half-demon demon slayer and video game persona in possibility getting in tonight!

Much would prefer Amaterasu or Phoenix Wright but definitely wouldn't mind Dante as he'd be fun coming with a fun and creative moveset.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
not even DMC4SE in one of those reels, not like that means anything for Dantes chances but there's certainly been better days to be a supporter.

D

Deleted member

Because we have two slots left, I'm curious to hear which two characters would any of you go with. I know this is a Dante thread so you'd obviously choose Dante, but again I want to hear your thoughts on who do you choose for the final 2.
20210217_172038-COLLAGE.jpg

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Dante and Kiryu are among my most wanted so it's pretty easy for me, although I wouldn't say no to Eggman.

D

Deleted member

Sora as my #2 pick with Kiryu as a runner up
Prior to Pyra/Mythra I once speculated that either two Namco characters would made it in, Jin from TEKKEN and Yuri from Tales (Because we have Heihachi as a Mii and the Lloyd costume possibly returning). However it's also possible that if a character from TEKKEN made it in as part of the Fighters Pass, they would've released it along the Heihachi costume.

Momentary

Smash Cadet
NGL I'm really worried about that upcoming Presents. The Mii's especially if Monster Hunter is there.

jadetheseer

Smash Cadet
Being my most wanted character, I decided to do my own take on what Dante’s move set would look like. I didn’t include Style Switching or Devil Trigger as he would already be complex enough without them and I’ve already seen people do better move sets with those gimmicks. Instead, I focused on giving him a unique play style and tons of potential combos. I plan to add more to it like Spirits and Classic Mode eventually as well as updating it based on feedback. And that being said, please check out my moveset and give feedback if you have the time! It is my first moveset so it would be appreciated!

Moveset

Last edited:

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
Being my most wanted character, I decided to do my own take on what Dante’s move set would look like. I didn’t include Style Switching or Devil Trigger as he would already be complex enough without them and I’ve already seen people do better move sets with those gimmicks. Instead, I focused on giving him a unique play style and tons of potential combos. I plan to add more to it like Spirits and Classic Mode eventually as well as updating it based on feedback. And that being said, please check out my moveset and give feedback if you have the time! It is my first moveset so it would be appreciated!

Moveset
He should have style switch, devious trigger and Royal guard meter

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I personally think even just two bars feels like too much, tbh. Trying to stack style switch on top of that is like, overload. DMC pulls it off because it has more buttons to use, but Smash's controls are too simple for Style Switching to be done elegantly. Hats off to anyone who tries, though.

Jade- that moveset is pretty cool! I like it. Not many takes on the set that use Style Rankings, which would be a really wild concept in Smash and definitely unlike anything else in the game.

Last edited:

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
I personally think even just two bars feels like too much, tbh. Trying to stack style switch on top of that is like, overload. DMC pulls it off because it has more buttons to use, but Smash's controls are too simple for Style Switching to be done elegantly. Hats off to anyone who tries, though.

Jade- that moveset is pretty cool! I like it. Not many takes on the set that use Style Rankings, which would be a really wild concept in Smash and definitely unlike anything else in the game.
Stillndude we need him in smash! Dante must make it otherwise we would never know if another smash is coming unless Fighters pass 3 is announced

D

Deleted member

3 and a half years ago I watched a movie called "Fireworks" and the only scene I remember was the main character Nazuna singing a song from Japanese singer Seiko Matsuda.
I translate the lyrics from the original Japanese and the lyrics are very different from the official when translated.
View attachment 302859
I wish she sang "Bury the Light" instead of "Ruriiro No Chikyuu" by Seiko Matsuda though

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Not sure how to feel about a brand new Capcom costume being announced with the fighter demonstration today. I wouldn't say its a death sentence, but it hurts more than it helps at the prospect of seeing a new character from them being among the last 2 fighters.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't think it makes much of a difference - Capcom tends to throw out costumes whenever they can (unlike Square-Enix, where S-E costumes only seem to be included with S-E characters), and all four of them were included to promote recent/upcoming games. (Monster Hunter Rise and Ghosts 'n' Goblins Resurrection)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like people are jumping the gun by saying that four Capcom costumes (all of which were included to promote two specific games) means that every single Capcom character stands no chance of being playable. If we had gotten a Dante Mii costume, I'd understand why people were doing this, but as it stands, this pessimism just confuses me.

If anything, I'd argue that Dante's chances seem better now - going into this, I figured the three most likely Capcom characters were Monster Hunter, Dante, and Phoenix Wright.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
It's probably over. It may not be, but if it is, then I must say, at least it was a good run.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I feel like people are jumping the gun by saying that four Capcom costumes (all of which were included to promote two specific games) means that every single Capcom character stands no chance of being playable. If we had gotten a Dante Mii costume, I'd understand why people were doing this, but as it stands, this pessimism just confuses me.

If anything, I'd argue that Dante's chances seem better now - going into this, I figured the three most likely Capcom characters were Monster Hunter, Dante, and Phoenix Wright.
I think the fact we only have 2 known slots left doesn't help people to keep their hopes up for whatever non-costumed/spirit evented Capcom character they're rooting for. Maybe if these were announced during the first half of this pass the overall mood would be different.
I agree saying we're outright out yet is a bit extreme of a conclusion to take out of this, but I guess it's a fair take to prepare for the worst.

Momentary

Smash Cadet
IF this is the death sentence for Capcom. It sucks that Dante didn't get a Mii at the very least.

Top Bottom