• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Me and my friends thought were thinking Dante is confirm but that's okay we love FF7. My day almost sucks if it wasn't for my friends and Sephiroth Reveal. Man I still need to beat FF7 OG beat Remake mess up on the train wont say more obvious reasons. Playing FF7 OG right now on my Switch.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Periodic reminder of probably the most technical moveset (which I feel is appropriate for a character like Dante) anyone has created:

Also, I would like to point out I recently edited my post to include moves from Pandora.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's so ****ing funny to me that a surprising amount of people thought it was gonna be Vergil due to the slash. I totally get it but it's proof we need Ultimate Special Edition in a few years with him
Besides, Vergil wouldn't get in over Dante first. The only chance is as you mention an Ultimate Special Edition or coming as an Echo of Dante which is unlikely to occur unless we get an Echo Pack but only if Dante is among the final 3.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Honestly when I saw the cut I just thought "it's a character with a sword". For a brief second I thought it could be Dante, but the setting and the beginning of the trailer never gave me the feeling it could be him so my brain never considered Dante during the trailer more than a few seconds lol

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Sephiroth coming in 1-shotting Galeem really fitted incredibly well with his inclusion. Here's Galeem which is one of Ultimate's World of Light main antagonists, and in comes Sephiroth to straight up bring Smash despair (good pear :troll:). Interestingly enough, it's Sephiroth's inclusion, playstyle, his very character which leads me to believe that a character (besides Cloud) that could come in to face him is none other than Dante himself. Sephiroth shares a few traits with Vergil such as wielding a katana as his main weapon, presuming to be a deity/omnipotent life form; it would just fit very well into eventually setting up the reveal for Dante later down the Pass.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Sephiroth coming in 1-shotting Galeem really fitted incredibly well with his inclusion. Here's Galeem which is one of Ultimate's World of Light main antagonists, and in comes Sephiroth to straight up bring Smash despair (good pear :troll:). Interestingly enough, it's Sephiroth's inclusion, playstyle, his very character which leads me to believe that a character (besides Cloud) that could come in to face him is none other than Dante himself. Sephiroth shares a few traits with Vergil such as wielding a katana as his main weapon, presuming to be a deity/omnipotent life form; it would just fit very well into eventually setting up the reveal for Dante later down the Pass.
That's true, I could see Sakurai using Sephiroth as Dante's rival for a trailer reveal. But in gameplay, not in CGI. I don't think it's coincidence that Cloud has never appeared in CGI trailers until now (because the character is Square related). Same goes for Hero, though to be fair he didn't had a lot of time and chances to appear in CGI trailers after him.

It's not the first time this point has been mentioned, with people theorizing that maybe Square never allowed Nintendo to use their characters in CGI trailers unrelated to their properties. MAYBE that has changed now and future CGI reveals will feature Cloud, Hero and Sephiroth if Sakurai wants, but for now I wouldn't bet on that.

I still think a Dante CGI reveal would prominently feature Bayonetta in some way.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I have a feeling Dante is Fighters Pass Vol. 3 (which I think is more likely than some people think). I vote he gets a double reveal with Doomguy. That would be the most rad trailer imaginable.
any particular reason why you feel that way instead of him appearing during the 2nd pass?

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Playing as Vergil since he’s out for PC and previous Gen. Yeah he really trivializes the game just like all other versions of him but I think this incarnation is the easiest and most powerful on a basic level. Doing four judgement cuts in a row melts everything and in SDT he can JC three enemies at a time, four of you have doppelgänger out.

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
Only played DMC5 so far so my Devil May Cry knowledge is pretty limited, but would Vergil work as a potential echo fighter for Dante? Also definitely hope Dante gets in, he's too cool to pass up.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Only played DMC5 so far so my Devil May Cry knowledge is pretty limited, but would Vergil work as a potential echo fighter for Dante? Also definitely hope Dante gets in, he's too cool to pass up.
Vergil doesn't work as an echo unless you strip away absolutely everything or if Dante were to, for whatever reason, be based around the time he had Yamato for 5 seconds.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Playing as Vergil since he’s out for PC and previous Gen. Yeah he really trivializes the game just like all other versions of him but I think this incarnation is the easiest and most powerful on a basic level. Doing four judgement cuts in a row melts everything and in SDT he can JC three enemies at a time, four of you have doppelgänger out.
indeed, outside of the prologue I got S ranks on every mission on my first try. Granted, I had the health and DT upgrades from my previous runs and was only playing on normal difficulty, but still.
Man it feels weird to see Dante do so many punches and kicks in that Project M mod.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Sephiroth is pretty fun! I love characters with long hit boxes! Three more chances for Dante! Personally I’m hoping for Nero!

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
When Dante joins Smash it will be glorious (god I can’t even imagine what moveset Sakurai would envision for him but it’ll be fantastic!)

D

Deleted member

Vergil Alternate Costume/Palette Swaps
  1. Default
  2. Red (PS)
  3. Capcom Cafe Black (AC)
  4. Capcom Cafe White (PS)
  5. Long Hair (AC)
  6. DMC3 (AC)
  7. Coatless (AC)
  8. DmC (With mask and yes the hat together)
Boxing Ring Title: Dark Slayer
Classic Title: Now I'm Motivated

Victory Quotes:
Foolishness, Dante. Foolishness... (VS. Dante)
Another Dante huh? Foolishness. (VS. Dante when the player select DmC Vergil)

Victory Quotes against Vergil:
Come on, I know you can do better (Dante)

Fighter Spirit:
6553ebfcc579c597333efe0ea9f8a8ee.png
Spirit: Vergil

Vergil_(Model)_DmC.png
Spirit: Vergil (DmC: Devil May Cry)

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Lady would be the best Assist Trophy. Logic states that Nero would either be second or third playable.

Top Bottom