• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I love how Dante is trending on Twitter in Canada as a direct result of this announcement. It's probably sheer coincidence that one of the DMC3 Switch announcements is happening on the same day as a Smash fighter reveal, but it's great to see that Dante has a lot of support.
I mean to be fair, if it's not Dante and there is riot, this is Nintendo's fault for letting news of a port of DMC3 fall on the same freaking day of the presentation lol, they are literally asking for people to raise expectations when they make a possible connection, it's human nature at this point.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean to be fair, if it's not Dante and there is riot, this is Nintendo's fault for letting news of a port of DMC3 fall on the same freaking day of the presentation lol, they are literally asking for people to raise expectations when they make a possible connection, it's human nature at this point.
Nintendo don't decide when Capcom release info lmao

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Nintendo don't decide when Capcom release info lmao
Yet this is a port coming to THEIR console. I think Nintendo has more control on when they decide to finally release even a port coming to their console, lol. Also please stop the passive aggressiveness, I've noticed it happen quite often lately.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Especially when Matt Walker announce days before that some info for dmc 3 are coming Thursday so Nintendo COULD reschedule to, let's say, Wednesday.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Not expecting Dante for FP5. It's too obvious, to put it in a way, after what Walker said about DMC3 features which of course has nothing to do with Smash.
In any case, finally some news. We will see!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hello, hello. Its pretty early right now but just dropping in to wish you guys all luck on Thursday in your favorite pizza and sundae loving half-demon demon slayer in making the cut. His chances seem pretty good given this whole voice actor and January 16th seems to line up pretty well with him.

Although not a supporter I for one would not mind him and be excited given the moveset potential he'd have.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Even if we don't get Dante in Smash on the 16th, I'm interested to see what they're adding to DMC3, considering that the other Switch releases were basically straight ports from the HD Collection.

The only thing that was changed in DMC1 was the menus, to include the sound test, gallery, and achievements that the HD Collection had - I have no intention of getting DMC2 on the Switch, so I'm not sure what was changed, but I assume it's pretty similar there.

Last edited:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Even if we don't get Dante in Smash on the 16th, I'm interested to see what they're adding to DMC3, considering that the other Switch releases were basically straight ports from the HD Collection.

The only thing that was changed in DMC1 was the menus, to include the sound test, gallery, and achievements that the HD Collection had - I have no intention of getting DMC2 on the Switch, so I'm not sure what was changed, but I assume it's pretty similar there.
Me too, I wonder what they are going to add/change, considering there are at least 3 things.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
DMC2 added achievements and included a startup menu that hilariously has the portraits for Dante and Lucia cut off at the bottom, they didn't even try

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Maybe not super hopeful for tomorrow, but unless they randomly drop a mii costume or a spirits event (both of which I personally doubt), there's still plenty of hope post fighters pass.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
My only real hopes now are probably: Please not steve + season pass 2 teaser. But of course i would love Dante be it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I saw that both Maximilian Dood and Mighty Keef (fighting game Youtubers) seem to think that Dante's likely. Mind you, they know as much as we do about this sort of thing, but it's great to see such high-profile support, and hopefully it encourages more people to support him.

EDIT: I'm assuming that this is the DMC3 announcement, since it's the 16th in Japan - on-the-fly style switching is officially being added to the Switch version of DMC3!

https://www.siliconera.com/devil-ma...-style-switching-to-royalguard-and-trickster/

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I saw that both Maximilian Dood and Mighty Keef (fighting game Youtubers) seem to think that Dante's likely. Mind you, they know as much as we do about this sort of thing, but it's great to see such high-profile support, and hopefully it encourages more people to support him.

EDIT: I'm assuming that this is the DMC3 announcement, since it's the 16th in Japan - on-the-fly style switching is officially being added to the Switch version of DMC3!

https://www.siliconera.com/devil-ma...-style-switching-to-royalguard-and-trickster/

Seems like most people called it! I wonder what the other 2 news in the next following dates will be about…

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
That's great for free style "mode" but I wonder

how will we use the other 2 style? (doppelganger and quicksilver if I remember correctly)

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Oh... Sorry, I just saw the picture instead of the entire tweet, my bad.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Keep in mind that we are getting more DLC beyond this point, so it's not like Dante's ruled out.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It's not the absence of Dante that disappoints me, it's the addition of another FE character, an avatar at that. Honestly, this is the announcement that makes me glad I didn't buy the whole pass and just waited for each release individually to decide whether to spend my money or not. Oh well, I've got more than I ever expected out of the DLC anyhow, and there's more to come to consider this an underwhelming closure.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Bah, another FE character...

On the bright side, with 6 characters more, maybe Dante have a shot.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
6 more characters and Byleth at least shows they're willing to throw in the kitchen sink with weapons

Voe

Smash Journeyman
I'm willing to bet real money that Dante will be one of Fighters Pass 2 characters.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Dante's incredibly likely. I was iffy on if he'd be the fifth DLC but for Fighter Pass 2 I genuinely believe he's one of the most probable characters.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'm willing to bet real money that Dante will be one of Fighters Pass 2 characters.
Sounds like a safe bet, and considering Smash reveals tend to work by front loading all the hype **** I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as #6 or #7 (FP2 #1 or FP2 #2).

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I'm not mad about byleth since he has more than just a sword plus i really love his game.

I'm still pretty sure Dante's in since the MH mii costume is still missing and we could get a indie mii costume related to capcom (did somebody said Shantae ?)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Devil May Cry 3's available to pre-load on the eShop. If you pre-load it, you get 50% off of DMC1 or 2.

Mind you, this would be better if (a) the discount could be used if you bought it at any point, like with Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2, instead of just being limited to when you pre-load it, (b) it applied to any combination of the three games (so if you have DMC 1 or 2, you get 50% off of 3), or (c) it wasn't introduced so long after the other two games came out (I have DMC1, so this only gives me a discount on DMC2, and they'd have to pay me to get me to play that game again), but it's better than nothing.

It's 5 gigabytes. I still have no idea how DMC1 wound up being roughly twice that amount.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I also feel that Dante has a really good chance for the next pass. I hope he's in but I wouldn't bet on that. If he's in I will be very happy, if not, well that's okay, I will still enjoying Ultimate as I did!
With all the work they put on these DLC packs I can't complain.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
gotta say, I appreciate some of the fanart and memes the Dante fans are creating over the current scenario on twitter, good to see they've a sense of humor.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Capcom is definitely gonna be in pass 2 imo, seeing how they just compensated its absence in pass 1 with spirits and miis spread all around the pass.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Capcom is definitely gonna be in pass 2 imo, seeing how they just compensated its absence in pass 1 with spirits and miis spread all around the pass.
Yeah. I think Capcom being in pass 2 is a safe bet. But Sakurai didn't mention new stages or anything for each new fighter, I don't know how that can affect third party characters.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Did we actually get any of the Namco mii costumes back? Their lack of presence throughout this pass is odd to say the least.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Already pre-ordered a physical copy of the first three DMC games from Playasia. Can't wait to try it out. I received a free PC copy of DMC1 from Twitch a long time ago, but (1) mine laptop barely had enough RAM to run the game on low quality, and (2) playing the game with a keyboard was extremely hard, especially during boss fights. That said, I look forward to playing this game with a proper controller.

Anyhow, among third parties, Dante, 2B, and Geno are the ones I'm most rooting for. While I honestly think V would have a more interesting and tactical playstyle, in the end Dante is the face of the series. Here's hoping.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
How is Dante not a shoe-in at this point? What other developer has played this game of "hehe i dunnooo you'll have to ask Nintendo~~" for this long? They've teased and teased, no way their announcement on Twitter wasn't some sort of freak coincidence. Then the teasing of asking Nintendo for DMC games for Switch, immediately followed by said games' announcement?
Yes, quoting myself. But for real? What was that bamboozle? I was really rooting for a ringing phone, pizza, and jukebox smash into fighter reveal combo. I feel like he'll be somewhere within FP6-11.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm not counting on anything atm as I'm very much in a similar state than I was when PP was revealed with the fighters pass following after (in fact I'd say I'm even more underwhelmed), but another Capcom character is still possible, and with RE and MH likely being out of the running (I'd personally say definitely but eh, different strokes), Dante definitely looks like the Capcom frontrunner with only Phoenix being some signficant competition for him (as I'd classify all the likes of Amaterasu, Arthur, Morrigan, etc to be very unlikely). And outside of Hayabusa and maybe something like a Level 5 rep I don't think we'll be seeing many new faces in terms of 3rd party devs join the Smash family outside of mii costumes (I'm already expecting a Hollow Knight mii in the next gameplay demonstration or two). I'm kinda starting to feel Banjo was the odd exception to western guests and we won't see the likes of Doomslayer or Crash, but I admit that's more intuition than anything else.

Top Bottom