• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

D

Deleted member

Considering Banjo got nothing from the games people don't know or pretend not to know, safe to say we won't see Donte at all
I do hope that if Dante gets the Sonic treatment and is dubbed in spanish they bring that voice actor in for him.

Cause holy frick that was some cool voice acting.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
It's a new but iconic track, but I hope we get Devil Trigger. Even if it's shortened or abridged, having this song play in Smash would be incredible.
Other runner-ups would be Shall Never Surrender and Devils Never Cry.
Honestly I think that these 3 songs are a lock if Dante happens. Vergil Battle 2 should be in there too.
Maybe it's strange but I think it would be cool to have a remix of the Divinity Statue theme, it's frequent in the franchise. I specially love DMC4 version.

Public Enemy, The Time Has Come, and of course this:

There are some songs I know are very unlikely to be included, but I love V's battle theme. Also I would like to have Silver Bullet, but I doubt that track would made it.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'll throw my own support behind Dante as my ideal Capcom character. I've never played any Devil May Cry outside of the demo for DmC ironically, but everything I've seen of the character and series just seems so incredibly ideal for Smash and by god is Bayonetta X Dante something that would just be insanely cool.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I would like to throw my support to Dante in Smash! Devil May Cry was my teenage years and first introduction to action adventure games.

SNEKeater SNEKeater those tracks would be great. What about a combination of Vergil's battle themes rolled into one? I could see it happening.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I love the Lock and Load remix from MvC3 and would greatly like if it was in Smash. And all the other MvC3 remixes.
Hell, just get the composer Hideyuki Fukasawa to do something for DMC in Smash. He's done plenty of good work with DMC. His tracks for the friggin Pachislot are way too good for just a damn Pachislot.

It would also be cool if, given he's already done music for Smash, they could get Tetsuya Shibata, the composer from DMC2 through 4 to cover a song from 5. Devil Trigger in the style of the DMC3 and 4 battle themes? Let's do it.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of lock and load remix i love the teppen one

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
DANTE IS STINKY AND POOPY I HATE HIM HOW DARE HE POSSIBLY TAKE A SPOT FROM MY MOST-WANTED CAPCOM REPS-

ahem

hey everyone i think dante is really cool i've had a crush on him since 2006 and dmcv is really really good and i want to see him fight bayonetta really bad

SNEKeater

Smash Master
DANTE IS STINKY AND POOPY I HATE HIM HOW DARE HE POSSIBLY TAKE A SPOT FROM MY MOST-WANTED CAPCOM REPS-

ahem

hey everyone i think dante is really cool i've had a crush on him since 2006 and dmcv is really really good and i want to see him fight bayonetta really bad
In a fair world we would get Phoenix or Dante as FP5 and then the other one for post-pass. Without knowing how DLC post-pass will work I don't know if it's likely to expect 2 characters or more from one same company.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
In a fair world we would get Phoenix or Dante as FP5 and then the other one for post-pass. Without knowing how DLC post-pass will work I don't know if it's likely to expect 2 characters or more from one same company.
I've said enough times that I'd be satisfied if it was all Capcom from here on out, but honestly if it has to be only one you wouldn't see me complaining if it was Dante, not in the least.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
If anything, I'll say the stance of "3rd parties should be limited to 1 character to represent them" is pretty silly given not all of them have the same degree of iconic IPs or impact in the market, Capcom is definitely among the most notorious publishers/devs to find the idea of them getting more than 1 character throughout Ultimates entire DLC cycle to be that farfetched. At the least, I don't see how we'd benefit from not giving Capcom another slot in favor of, I dunno, Accolade.
But post pass DLC is still a mystery as to how it'll be handled so there's not much that can be guessed about it, beneficial or not for a characters chances.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh boy, here we go, count zero.

Now, let's think about this for a second. If a VA, and not anyone that's in a high position claims that Dante will be in the game, this honestly seems more like Word of Dante (well, sort of) than anything else.

It would have to be extremely daring to manage to get away with this if it's nearly breaching a NDA, though. Which is fitting, considering...

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It's been brought up before, but with Joker already being in the game, I wonder what are the chances of Atlus giving the ok to Dantes battle theme from Nocturne getting in should he make it in as DLC. Probably not super likely, but I wouldn't put it in the same realm of impossibility as an anime adaptation OP or something.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's been brought up before, but with Joker already being in the game, I wonder what are the chances of Atlus giving the ok to Dantes battle theme from Nocturne getting in should he make it in as DLC. Probably not super likely, but I wouldn't put it in the same realm of impossibility as an anime adaptation OP or something.
I think that if Terry couldn't bring CvS music then Dante can't bring that track in either

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I think it will depend of Arle from puyo puyo, if she gets in that would make 2 Sega rep (i know that joker is technically a Atlus rep but since they are from sega it's technically a Sega rep) as DLC so we could certainly get Dante AND Phoenix since they're both really popular and their franchise are well known all around the world.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You really think Atlus wants to acknowledge SMT in the year of our lord twenty-twenty?

Besides that, it is still a specific SMT song as they reuse it for Raidou Kuzunoha when they cut Dante foe the Japanese rererelease of SMTIII. The Dante association is kinda lost then.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
You really think Atlus wants to acknowledge SMT in the year of our lord twenty-twenty?

Besides that, it is still a specific SMT song as they reuse it for Raidou Kuzunoha when they cut Dante foe the Japanese rererelease of SMTIII. The Dante association is kinda lost then.
I wheep for SMTV news or a Nocturne remaster, but the P5 milking won't stop anytime soon.
Had no idea on that tidbit about Raidou using the exact same theme in the 3rd release of the game in JP, thanks for informing me about it.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I wheep for SMTV news or a Nocturne remaster, but the P5 milking won't stop anytime soon.
Had no idea on that tidbit about Raidou using the exact same theme in the 3rd release of the game in JP, thanks for informing me about it.
A Nocturne remaster would be so nice but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
You know, while I don't think Dante is guaranteed to happen, I also don't feel he'd be randomly dropped as a spirits event like it happened with RE and Astral Chain now, unlike AA where I fear it's a very real possibility. I don't quite know how to explain it, but I guess the franchise has been so disattached from Nintendo until very recently, that I feel it's one of those character you either get in as someone playable or just don't bother at all? It's a pretty stupid argument I know, as you could say something similar for Geno in the last game, but eh, I guess it's just my gut rather than sound logic speaking.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
In light of the 16th being a Smash Direct on the same day as DMC news, I think you guys have just risen to very likely. Good luck!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A very small part of me thinks this is it.
Everything else says "lol no"

I wouldn't expect anything.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I love how Dante is trending on Twitter in Canada as a direct result of this announcement. It's probably sheer coincidence that one of the DMC3 Switch announcements is happening on the same day as a Smash fighter reveal, but it's great to see that Dante has a lot of support.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
In the end, Capcom fans gotta stick together. Here's hoping for something good for Dante, either 5 or post-pass! I think Kamiya RTing all the pro-Joe comments is pretty interesting especially since he's joked with Sakurai about getting a Viewtiful Joe Mii costume in the pass, and who better to reveal that with than Dante?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
After Terrys presentation, I don't expect anything past an in depth look of fighter 5, but I do wonder if we'll finally see the last few missing Capcom costumes, or if Namcos will start appearing at all.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
On the chance of Dante being revealed on Thursday (and possibly releasing this week, please Sakurai) one of moments I'm really going to love is when Sakurai goes over the history of DMC, as well as explaining where every attack and special from Dante's moveset comes from.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
I remember how the Dante leaks from 2018 got me hook, line and sinker, but also made me realize that this was the character I was gonna fight for to get into Smash no matter what.

Despite getting Snake and Cloud back, along with Joker being such a welcome surprise, Dante still remains the missing link in this cog of mine. Really hoping that the man finally comes around to stylishly beat down Nintendo as much as he can.

tl;dr reaffirming support for wacky woohoo pizza man in light of the 16th

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Apparently, the producer of Puyo Puyo retweeted Sakurai's tweet. So...

Still hope for Dante being a post pass character tho...

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
has that been a common trend among 3rd party announcements? At the very least if it happens, it'd confirm there's no such limits as "1 slot per publisher" for the DLC, so anyone hoping for more than 1 Capcom rep can somewhat let out a sigh of relief than getting one won't instantly disconfirm the other.

Last edited:
Top Bottom