• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Like I said, still lines up with things I've heard so it's an interesting coincidence.
I'm gonna need more details than "it lines up with things I've heard". Literally anyone can say that. It's such a vague statement that means nothing.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Decided to look up V and, since I'm not super familiar with DMC, what would the chances of this character either having a speaking role in a Dante trailer or as a background cameo?
A single game. DMCV. Won't say more than that for the sake of spoilers. Nintendo has a clear pattern of classic preferences for characters, so the answer to that question is a 0% of V showing up in any trailer.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Decided to look up V and, since I'm not super familiar with DMC, what would the chances of this character either having a speaking role in a Dante trailer or as a background cameo?
Little to no chance

Trish, Lady, Nero, and especially Vergil are far more likely to play any part of his trailer. V is a very specific one n done character that will unlikely make an appearance in anything not DMC5 related ever again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm gonna need more details than "it lines up with things I've heard". Literally anyone can say that. It's such a vague statement that means nothing.
Alright, that's fair. Basically rumors that Dante specifically started development very recently as in the past couple of weeks suggesting, like I said earlier, probably no earlier than a November or December release if true.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've seen Fatmanonice's posts on the Geno forum he's 100% honest with everything if he says something I completely trust it. He's a good dude you can believe.

I don't know how good Dante's chances are but I believe he has a good chance and I'm hoping the result is him in Smash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Dante's one of the most obvious characters to spread fake info about.
I'm not trusting anything until I've played as him in the game.

D

Deleted member

I've seen Fatmanonice's posts on the Geno forum he's 100% honest with everything if he says something I completely trust it. He's a good dude you can believe.

I don't know how good Dante's chances are but I believe he has a good chance and I'm hoping the result is him in Smash.
I think Dante has a good chance of appearing but I don't think Fatman said anything the thread didn't knew nor hearing rumors has any value whatsoever.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Even ignoring Fatman's nonexistent track record, he has said basically nothing as again, random dudes have always been saying Dante's likely with varying degrees of credibility. This is literally nothing new nor is this new fancy person saying it significant at all in terms of leaking stuff

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Please bro I'm begging you people pretending to have info have been saying this about Dante since the DMCV faked Smash info, the DMC ports and now the 3 port being a definitive edition of sorts, Dante's been a frontrunner for rumours for a while so this won't even fet you clout
I second this notion. I'd appreciate if we kept it to DMC appreciation and wishes, with viable and decisive proof if presentable. None of that rumor weaving and tail chasing of possibilities we are all already well aware of.

tenor.gif

D

Deleted member

Alright gotcha, seems very likely going to hope for the best. But I do think there's a chance he gets in.

Hoping for the best.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think Dante has a good chance of appearing but I don't think Fatman said anything the thread didn't knew nor hearing rumors has any value whatsoever.
I'm just sharing what I've heard. Yes, Dante had been heard in rumors a long time but now it's actually something substantial as in "oh hey, Dante's probably finally begun development." Like I've said in the Geno thread, Dante was commonly heard so much throughout 2019 that a lot of people were wondering if he was fake or not but that's very recently changed.

D

Deleted member

I'm just sharing what I've heard. Yes, Dante had been heard in rumors a long time but now it's actually something substantial as in "oh hey, Dante's probably finally begun development." Like I've said in the Geno thread, Dante was commonly heard so much throughout 2019 that a lot of people were wondering if he was fake or not but that's very recently changed.
Thanks for sharing what you've heard though. Happy to hear his chances are good!

Definetly a good sign and hopefully he will be coming! As an upcoming fighter!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thanks for sharing what you've heard though. Happy to hear his chances are good!

Definetly a good sign and hopefully he will be coming! As an upcoming fighter!
Call me pessimistic but a guy who didn't even double check who voiced who cannot have discussed Dante in actual leaker circles, especially as that rumour was already discussed in this thread. This whole ordeal literally means nothing

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Was my message not clear enough?

This thread is for "appreciation" not "prevarication."

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member

Of course completly understand I trust Fatmanonice but hey we'll see what happens anyway to drive this back towards Dante.

Umm he's pretty cool dude.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Now to bring this thread back on track:

Folks, what is your most wanted DMC track? Because I can give you mine.

[Lock & Load] or riot.

https://youtu.be/EH4qnO6k6Qk
Give me Divine Hate 2. Made my Vergil playthrough hella more enjoyable, especially as those asshole enemies are weak to dark get introduced to it when the song first plays iirc

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I don't think discussing a rumor is wrong per say, but this one seems like it's been shut off pretty quickly to really pay it any mind. Looks like that whole scene has been pretty quiet post VGA unless you want to follow nonsensical theories like Sakurais PotD tweets or the dumb color theory.
Track wishlist, any of the Vergil battle themes, I'll get you back to any DMC5 mentions whenever I get to play it soon

Last edited:

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
I personally hope we get Vergil's UMvC3 theme. Something about that mix just... motivates me.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Now to bring this thread back on track:

Folks, what is your most wanted DMC track? Because I can give you mine.

[Lock & Load] or riot.

https://youtu.be/EH4qnO6k6Qk
It's a new but iconic track, but I hope we get Devil Trigger. Even if it's shortened or abridged, having this song play in Smash would be incredible.
Other runner-ups would be Shall Never Surrender and Devils Never Cry.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
It's a new but iconic track, but I hope we get Devil Trigger. Even if it's shortened or abridged, having this song play in Smash would be incredible.
Other runner-ups would be Shall Never Surrender and Devils Never Cry.
Hey, if anything, Dante would probably bring a Smash exclusive remix of Devil Trigger. It's a pretty fun song!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Dante's pretty cool. Probably my most wanted Capcom rep right now, if only for the Bayonetta x Dante crossover.

D

Deleted member

Dante's pretty cool. Probably my most wanted Capcom rep right now, if only for the Bayonetta x Dante crossover.
While my most wanted Capcom rep is Viewtiful Joe, I’d lie if I said I would hate or dislike any other Capcom newcomer.

The company is seriously a goldmine of characters, with probably a 90% of them at least feeling as really great fits for Smash (Dante included).

I welcome any Capcom rep in general because the sole idea of getting any is just worth celebrating.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
While my most wanted Capcom rep is Viewtiful Joe, I’d lie if I said I would hate or dislike any other Capcom newcomer.

The company is seriously a goldmine of characters, with probably a 90% of them at least feeling as really great fits for Smash (Dante included).

I welcome any Capcom rep in general because the sole idea of getting any is just worth celebrating.
"Now introducing season 2, the Capcom Fighter Pass."

The hype would be unbelievable.

(Or they could just make a Nintendo x Capcom spinoff fighter at that point.)

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Among spirits and cameos, I think Trish, Lady, Nero, Vergil are a given no matter which version of Dante we get. What other could they possibly add?

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I think it's possible we got V and Nico too and probably Kirye

Top Bottom