• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The only interesting thing from this is that combined that back in september our NoA guy said "I heard more dante than ryu" back then. It's just more people "hearing" dante in the circles, which eventually, and hopefully, could lead to legit sources checking if thats the case or not, unless it's too hard to verify for some reason.
But yeah, "hearing" is not a very solid thing to me. it's just a good sign that it might get attention and investigated. Crossing fingers

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I knew the leak was fake. At least this didn't have time to gain traction.

Besides, Kamiya did that poll thingy with him in it while the FP's releases were underway, if I recall correctly, so he wouldn't have been in yet regardless.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
It doesn't surprise me at all that he won't be Fighter Pass 5, but he's still really likely for additional DLC I'd say.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Oof on the RE spirits, I don't think that looks good at all on them, but I guess that's Dantes main competition off the table?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Eh there's still Ace Attorney.
Either of the two would be fantastic but I obvs prefer Wacky Wahoo Pizza Man

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Man, some crazy stuff for Capcom today huh? I just wanted to hop in to show my support for the most stylish potential smash dlc character

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Ace Attorney grosses less than half of what Devil May Cry has, with nearly the same amount of releases according to Capcom's database. http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/salesdata.html

Not to mention it's nowhere near as recognizable or influential. So I'd still say DMC is more likely.
while I agree with these points and I'd consider Dante likelier than Phoenix overall, I'd still say he's his biggest competition now that RE was relegated to spirits and MH devs prefer to participate on crossovers with the monsters rather than the hunters, and I wouldn't really consider any other Capcom IP to be that noteworthy at the moment with how much...less popular and active they're overall, even in contrast to AA in its more niche status as a visual novel. I personally like both of them so hey...if they somehow both get in, the merrier.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Wow dante's chances rise a lot, maybe not for dlc 5 but for extra pack 1.please Sakurai

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
To me, Dante seemed like the front runner even before the whole RE spirits thing just because I saw him fitting in better than any RE character (even tho I wanted Leon...) and that the dream of Dante and Bayonetta crossing paths is something people have wanted/waited for a long time.

Azcorban

Smash Cadet

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but imo Dante would be more fun than Phoenix. I like the guy but he's kinda limited gameplay-wise.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So I was kinda not satisfied with some of the logos people used for Dante, so I made one using his DMC5 Dante one.

dmc5 dante icon.png
dmc5 dante icon smash.png

I'd be fine of course with DMC1 Trish or DMC3 Dante silhouette, but definitely not the Order of the Sword logo, lol.

Last edited:

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
It would be funny if they chose something like a red orb for Dante’s series logo

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Would you guys be mad if we get a Capcom rep that ISN'T Dante?

I think I would be quite mad since Dante is the most popular choice for smash with RE as spirits and MH as boss+music

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
nope, I think I've said before I support Dante, Phoenix and Amaterasu about the same? I'd just like a Capcom rep I actually care about as I was pretty indifferent to :ultmegaman: and :ultryu: (the latter in particular as I've such a massive disinterest for SF). Now if it was someone like Morrigan or Joe....I still wouldn't be mad, just incredibly confused.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I think I would be quite mad since Dante is the most popular choice for smash with RE as spirits and MH as boss+music
I feel like it depends on who we'd get instead. Dante's easily my most-wanted Capcom character, but Capcom's got so many great characters that I'd find it hard to be upset. Amaterasu, Morrigan, Viewtiful Joe, Nemesis... Even Phoenix Wright would be entertaining, though I'm not sure how well he'd work in Smash (I found his playstyle in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to be unnecessarily confusing and unclear).

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman

Nah.

Capcom has a ton of characters who could work in Smash, and there is a wide variety of them. And besides, we could get more Capcom characters as future DLC in the game.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
If Dante did get deconfirmed, suppose another candidate from DMC could be Nero but can't imagine a whole lot would be happy with that. Or would they? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Not sure if mad is the right word, but I sure as hell would be disappointed.

As far as I know this may as well be the last time we'll ever get to see Dante in Smash and seeing him not only not make it in, but get skimped out by his derivative little sister that won via a ballot that didn't even matter? Talk about disheartening.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

I personally wouldn't mind another Capcom rep provided Dante comes a bit later (preferably we get both Phoenix Wright and Dante to relive part of my old UMVC3 team - all it needs then would be Strider Hiryu).

Also I don't think I've posted here before, but I'm in full support of Dante joining the battle in Smash. Let's get this party started!

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
If Dante did get deconfirmed, suppose another candidate from DMC could be Nero but can't imagine a whole lot would be happy with that. Or would they? Thoughts?
Nero would be so sick! I hope at least one DMC playable character gets in. Dante is the best bet, Nero would be pretty sick and unique, Trish could an echo for Dante or have her own mechanics, lady would a cool character too, and Vergil? I would be exploding if it was Vergil.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
As far as I know this may as well be the last time we'll ever get to see Dante in Smash and seeing him not only not make it in, but get skimped out by his derivative little sister that won via a ballot that didn't even matter? Talk about disheartening.
won in massive quotes, Cloud was honestly the only character from that batch I can believe actually gathered votes to win anything.
If fighter 5 is Capcom related I personally wouldn't lose hope for Dante yet, as I feel that's the likelier way for Capcom to get more than 1 DLC, but it's also not something I'd consider outright good for his chances given we don't know yet whether they'll double dip per publisher or not (which is imo wasted opportunity given how good Capcoms repertoire is). I do agree with the sentiment that is the last Smash game for Dante, no, just about every 3rd party to get in, as whatever follows will likely be a reboot of sorts that heavily reduces the core cast of characters, and there's no way every guest is surviving that.
I can't say I'd be happy if we got Neo in over him though, impossible as I think that is.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
won in massive quotes, Cloud was honestly the only character from that batch I can believe actually gathered votes to win anything.
Yeah, which is why I'm saying the ballot didn't even matter (at least in terms of the last Smash 4 DLC, I'm aware K Rool, Ridley, and "Everyone is Here" are a direct result of the ballot.)

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'll say this, I do at the very least feel more hopeful on Capcom getting more than 1 DLC compared to the other currently represented 3rd parties.
Between Terry just being a celebration of SNK as a whole with all those music tracks and spirits, that one admitedly dubious comment from Spencer regarding why Banjo wasn't a problem in Smash whereas Master Chief was (which I guess could apply to Steve as well), Konami not really having much of anything else that's too significant for another fighter, and Square being Square (the only reason I believe why they where more cooperative with DQ is that they want the series to grow in the west, and I don't see them doing this with any other of their IPs). That only leaves us with Namco and SEGA, but with Heihachis VA passing and Tekken being pretty much the frontrunner for Bamcos next rep, I can't say I'd be surprised if they added no one else from their end (I don't think Tales is as legendary as FF, DQ or SMT/Persona for its lack of representation to be that big of a deal, I doubt we'd get a Soulcalibur rep before or over Tekken, and Kos-Mos is a meme), SEGA has a few other IPs that are relatively popular in Japan at least, but outside of maybe Arle who I've seen in a few Smash DLC polls (whatever meaning these might hold given the small internet samples), I can't see any of them being too likely.
We do have to see how the post fighters pass junk turns out however, I'd like to expect something similar to what we've gotten so far, but they could start pushing for 1st parties (imo would be a disappointing direction), and unless they started pushing for more western developed IPs, there's not that many significant JP developers unrepresented in Smash (and I won't believe the likes of Falcom, Natsume, Marvelous, Chunsoft or NIS are getting anything until I see it with my very own eyes in the Smash website). The only things I'd believe so far is that I don't see 3rd party franchises with a playable character in the game already getting anyone else, and that AT/mii costumes/spirits disconfirm.

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice

I would be since he’s my #1 request and since RE got thrown out of the running, the only character I want from Capcom left is Dante, everyone else is meh to me

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I'd be disappointed for sure. I was willing to accept Resident Evil because I love that series too, but my love for stuff like Dead Rising and Ace Attorney has waned due to the poor quality of recent installments. So with Resident Evil out of the running, Devil May Cry remains my #1.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I mean Phoenix or others Capcom rep could be nice but since dante is so close to make it in that would make me mad

Speaking of Capcom

Just got word from my NoA buddy. Definitely not Bamco (double RIP that one now), and…
NOT CAPCOM EITHER.
I don't know if he mean for fp5 or for all dlc but I will assume that is only for fp5.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
While every leaker has to be taken with a grain of salt, it's worth noting that this guy isn't part of sabis discord anymore apparently, and that sabi hasn't heard anything on Capcom yet. Not to say they couldn't be right, but I personally can't attest to their sources being super reliable.
It's making a number on the Phoenix support thread, I'll tell you that much.
If he's right though, well damn, I guess my only hope for a fighter 5 that I know I want and isn't yet disconfirmed or too impossible is Sol.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I mean Phoenix or others Capcom rep could be nice but since dante is so close to make it in that would make me mad

Speaking of Capcom

I don't know if he mean for fp5 or for all dlc but I will assume that is only for fp5.
Oh fp5 definitely. We dont know anything beyond this pass at this time lol

Top Bottom