• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Jesus christ that Lloyd render is horrifying.
DMC4 Special Edition is 10 bucks on steam now, highly recommend it if you don't have it yet
bought it, now to wait until I can actually upgrade my PC to play it alongside DMC5 and the rest of my Steam backlog.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
This list is pretty good I would love to see all these character (well except for master chief and doom slayer but, hey, no big deal)

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean “pretty cringe bro?”

First off the whole DLC selection is subjective

Secondly... he picked iconic characters. Lot of new “worlds” / series on his list & lots of fan favorites.

If you don’t like Geno and doomslayer I recommend spending some time with the classics :)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah, I mean... for some people Geno, Lloyd or Doomslayer would be cringe or boring. But there's also people who would say the same about Dante, so I don't think despise characters is the right way to speculate.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I don't get why Doomslayer is lame if Master Chief isn't when they both share such a similar visual motif and what they'd be representing, but whatever, not the topic of this thread. I honestly just hope the 3rd party train continues with the rest of the DLC, I just can't get too excited on the idea of 1st parties when most of the IPs Ninty created post Smash haven't exactly clicked with me, let alone giving even more representation to Mario, FE or Pokemon.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for this sort of talk? But I started on DMC4, and 7 missions in, I can see why it's considered a downgrade over 3. I know halfway through you get to play as Dante and he actually gets new weapons, but Nero feels so limited by comparison to DMC3 Dante, and I find some of the "puzzle" segments of this game to be more bothersome than those from 3. The fact you have to unlock your equivalent to Stinger and Helm Breaker (I think that's how the downwards midair slash is called?) speaks volume of how much less Nero has to offer.

Last edited:

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for this sort of talk? But I started on DMC4, and 7 missions in, I can see why it's considered a downgrade over 3. I know halfway through you get to play as Dante and he actually gets new weapons, but Nero feels so limited by comparison to DMC3 Dante, and I find some of the "puzzle" segments of this game to be more bothersome than those from 3. The fact you have to unlock your equivalent to Stinger and Helm Breaker (I think that's how the downwards midair slash is called?) speaks volume of how much less Nero has to offer.
Even in 5, as much as I like Nero’s gameplay style there, he pales in comparison to Dante. But I’m liking the character more and more, so maybe, if we get a DMC6, he might finally get his due lol

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I think Dante will always be better than Nero, i like Nero but Dante is better in everything.

I would say my favorite gameplay would be (i put spoiler just in case of someone didn't play DMC 5/4SE)
Dante>Vergil>Nero>Trish>Lady/V

SNEKeater

Smash Master
To be fair you have not unlocked all Nero abilities, and if you're coming from 3 where at the end you'll have a lot of powers and tricks, then that comparison is a bit soon.
I would say Nero is a bit more accessible and easy to get, and that's great. He being different from Dante is interesting.
I like Nero a lot, specially in DMC5. My perfect scenario for DMC6 would be three main characters: each one with 10? missions and story.

But if they decide to make DMC6 and having only one playable character I would be fine with that, even if it's not Dante.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I think Dante is probably a safe bet for dmc 6. Most of the fans would be mad if the protagonist of the serie is missing.For other characters than him and nero is less sure tho.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I think Dante is probably a safe bet for dmc 6. Most of the fans would be mad if the protagonist of the serie is missing.For other characters than him and nero is less sure tho.
Probably. Dante is my favourite character from DMC and I really don't know how I would react if the next game doesn't have a playable Dante. But in the other side I don't want Dante being playable is something forced to Itsuno and the dev team. If Itsuno and his team have faith in new ideas and these ideas don't include a playable Dante, well, I think we should try to accept it.
Ah, and I would say maybe Vergil as the absolute main character of a new game could be really interesting.

I also believe that DMC6 should be a little more risky, not because DMC5 needed more new things (I mean, the game doesn't shake up the formula of the IP because the last mainline game was 10 years ago, that's normal) but if the next game comes out relatively soon I'd like to see new things.
I'm not saying Capcom should change the genre or something or trying to do the same move as God of War.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I don't know i agree with you but on the other hand DMC wouldn't be the same without Dante . I would say at least put him in the game like Vergil in DMC4 SE : a extra character.So you don't even have to include in the story but he will still be here.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't know i agree with you but on the other hand DMC wouldn't be the same without Dante . I would say at least put him in the game like Vergil in DMC4 SE : a extra character.So you don't even have to include in the story but he will still be here.
Yeah, that would be the ideal scenario if they decide to not have Dante as a playable character in the main story.
Anyway I'm just speculating, of course I want Dante being playable for the next games but I also don't want that to be forced. Usually forcing things ends being more negative than positive.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I haven't played or watched 5 yet, but I doubt Capcom will ever let Dante go from the mainline DMC games, that's usually too risky of a gamble.
I liked DMC4 a bit more when I got to Dante, but the game definitely feels rushed, incomplete I'd say, with how you pretty much just go through Neros part of the game backwards, with some added gimmicks to make the whole thing more annoying than neccesary, and considering I wasn't too fond of the campaign up until that point, that didn't really make things better. I wasn't all the impressed with the new weapons when I finally got to them either, amazing as Pandora is in concept.
Here's hoping I can sign a different tune when I can actually get to 5.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I haven't played or watched 5 yet, but I doubt Capcom will ever let Dante go from the mainline DMC games, that's usually too risky of a gamble.
I liked DMC4 a bit more when I got to Dante, but the game definitely feels rushed, incomplete I'd say, with how you pretty much just go through Neros part of the game backwards, with some added gimmicks to make the whole thing more annoying than neccesary, and considering I wasn't too fond of the campaign up until that point, that didn't really make things better. I wasn't all the impressed with the new weapons when I finally got to them either, amazing as Pandora is in concept.
Here's hoping I can sign a different tune when I can actually get to 5.
I mean, that's because DMC4 WAS rushed, they had to scrap unique levels and enemies for Dante and it explains why he's pretty unbalanced

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I have been wondering if Dante were to get in, how his styles would be implemented or if they would not - especially since the Style mechanic would be unique to him and has been a staple since DMC3. The other mechanic I could see being implemented is the Royal Guard Gauge.

I've been speculating specials and I feel a conservative set with no styles would work but feel it might invoke the whole "anime swordsman" outrage. Basically:
:GCB:: Ebony & Ivory: Press the B button repeatedly to fire. Tilt the Control Stick in the opposite direction Dante's facing to hit opponents behind you. Hold B to charge and once fully charged, attack becomes Honeycomb Fire.
:GCL::GCB:: Stinger / Sky Star: On ground: Lunge forward with great speed. Hold B at the end of the attack to perform Million Stab. In air: Dash forward. Can be performed once but does not put Dante in helpless state.
:GCU::GCB:: High Time & Helm Breaker: On ground: Launch foe upwards. Hold B to go upwards and press B to swing Rebellion downward. In air: Launch upwards and press B (optional) at the apex to go down.
:GCD::GCB:: Royal Guard / Release: Assume a blocking stance. Blocked attacks fill the Royal Guard gauge. Perfectly timed blocks negate damage and significantly fills gauge. Imperfect / hold blocks receive a small percentage of damage and certain attacks (e.g. Warlock Punch, Shield Breaker) can break a stance. A full meter turns the move to Royal Release, releasing the rage built up. Royal Release zooms the camera upon hitting the foe.
:GCB: (FS): Judgement: Lunge at the foe. If anyone is hit: activate Sin Devil Trigger to assume Dante's ultimate form. Releases a volley of slashes from Devil Sword Dante culminating in an explosion for those unfortunate to get caught in the attack.

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
One of the best reasons for Dante to get in is he has a HUGE variety of moveset possibilities. He would give Sakurai a ton to work with

I have been wondering if Dante were to get in, how his styles would be implemented or if they would not - especially since the Style mechanic would be unique to him and has been a staple since DMC3. The other mechanic I could see being implemented is the Royal Guard Gauge.

I've been speculating specials and I feel a conservative set with no styles would work but feel it might invoke the whole "anime swordsman" outrage. Basically:
:GCB:: Ebony & Ivory: Press the B button repeatedly to fire. Tilt the Control Stick in the opposite direction Dante's facing to hit opponents behind you. Hold B to charge and once fully charged, attack becomes Honeycomb Fire.
:GCL::GCB:: Stinger / Sky Star: On ground: Lunge forward with great speed. Hold B at the end of the attack to perform Million Stab. In air: Dash forward. Can be performed once but does not put Dante in helpless state.
:GCU::GCB:: High Time & Helm Breaker: On ground: Launch foe upwards. Hold B to go upwards and press B to swing Rebellion downward. In air: Launch upwards and press B (optional) at the apex to go down.
:GCD::GCB:: Royal Guard / Release: Assume a blocking stance. Blocked attacks fill the Royal Guard gauge. Perfectly timed blocks negate damage and significantly fills gauge. Imperfect / hold blocks receive a small percentage of damage and certain attacks (e.g. Warlock Punch, Shield Breaker) can break a stance. A full meter turns the move to Royal Release, releasing the rage built up. Royal Release zooms the camera upon hitting the foe.
:GCB: (FS): Judgement: Lunge at the foe. If anyone is hit: activate Sin Devil Trigger to assume Dante's ultimate form. Releases a volley of slashes from Devil Sword Dante culminating in an explosion for those unfortunate to get caught in the attack.
I personally do not love this moveset because several of the moves sound borrowed from other characters. In order, I see a bit of bayoneta, corrin, cloud and joker in the specials listed here. But still appreciate the thoughts

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Dante's biggest limitation is how much they're willing to use his arsenal of weapons throughout the games other than Rebellion and E&I. If he sticks to the basics like it happened with Bayonetta, that won't be doing the character much justice I feel, that's what I think they'd implement his alternate weapons throughout all of his specials/normals/grabs/smash attacks, and I imagine it'd be mostly a mix of 3 and 5 weapons.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
If Dante gets in, what would you guys want as dmc content? I think a Nero and Vergil mii costume would be nice as well as trish and Lady as stage hazard.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
tbh there's not much else from DMC I'd want if Dante gets in other than the Vergil battle themes to be included into the stages music. A Vergil or Lady AT would be great but sadly those aren't included in DLC packs (or I guess for the better for those who hate characters getting into any shape or form that isn't a fighter).

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
If Dante gets in, what would you guys want as dmc content? I think a Nero and Vergil mii costume would be nice as well as trish and Lady as stage hazard.
Fighter
Dante: DMC5, DMC4, DMC3, and DMC1 outfits. DMC1 alt turns Rebellion into Force Edge.

Stage
Bloody Palace

Tracks
Lock and Load
Vergil Battle 2
Devils Never Cry
Sworn Through Swords
Swipe of Sword
Devil Trigger

Spirits
One Star

Griffon
Shadow

Two Star
Nightmare
Trish
Lady
Nico

Three Star
Nero
V
Urizen

Four Star
Vergil
Nero (Devil Trigger)

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
These 2 pieces of music needs to be in as well

Also him and Doomslayer in the same season pass would be amazing. Two demon hunters in one game.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Dantes battle theme from Nocturne would be great, and I guess not impossible given Atlus already collaborated in Ultimate, not holding my breath for that happening though.
Spoilers for those who'd rather avoid rumors
I've heard rumors on Crash suddenly appearing again. They likely hold no weight whatsoever and I personally don't care for the character, but it'd be beyond hysterical if he dropped with our boy Dante later down the line. Ultimates roster would feel like a better 3rd party celebration for the Playstation than PSABR did.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
It's a pretty weird hint if you ask me (for both Ragna or Dante) but if that means Dante is in then i couldn't care less.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Well, between a song or a sword I think the hint (if it's a hint) would be directed to the sword. I don't know if Ragna's theme is in every Blazblue game but Rebellion appears in all DMC games except for DMC1, if I remember correctly.

Is an interesting piece of information. Maybe it's a hint and a reference for Dante, I would be happy with that, but I prefer to remain cautious. I don't know if there's something new about that.

Edit: also, if that's actually a hint for Dante, maybe he wouldn't be fighter 5 but a post-pass character.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
the Ragna thing was a joke, between Sol and GG being more of a posterboy for ArcSys and Dante being a pretty obvious inspiration for Ragna, I really don't see how he'd get before either of them, especially as both of those franchises are currently a lot more relevant than BB (and one a whole lot more popular too).
Anyhow, I don't really know this guy and text leaks always leaves room for doubt, even if it's from someone reliable like verge or sabi, but it'd be cool to see Dante under the spotlight of likely characters again after the last few weeks of Ryu/Doomguy/Crash.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I'm totally hyped if Dante ends up being the character. I thought my second most wanted character Doom Slayer was going to be the final fighter, but instead, it could be my third most wanted fighter Dante.

My only disappointment is that there won't be a double reveal trailer with both of them in it. Like, imagine a trailer called "A Hellish Duo". That would be so rad.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Now that I think about it, from where comes this screenshoot? Maybe it would be an interesting idea sharing it in the official speculation thread to see different opinions.

I'm asking because a screenshoot could be modified, and if it's not, I don't know if the guy saying Rebellion is really a close person to Sabi.

Tankdank

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7959-0645-5771
Dante would be cool but I get PTSD back to the Marvel vs. Capcom days of Dante and Virgil. Different style of games but still brings back nightmares.

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet
Now that I think about it, from where comes this screenshoot? Maybe it would be an interesting idea sharing it in the official speculation thread to see different opinions.

I'm asking because a screenshoot could be modified, and if it's not, I don't know if the guy saying Rebellion is really a close person to Sabi.
If you scroll up on the leak speculation page on Sabi's discord, you'll find it eventually. It was from earlier today. They also mentioned something about Pandora's Box

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If you scroll up on the leak speculation page on Sabi's discord, you'll find it eventually. It was from earlier today. They also mentioned something about Pandora's Box
I don't use Discord :(
Pandora is the name of one of Dante's weapons in DMC4, lol.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
If Dante is in, I'd be pretty shocked if he's the fifth fighter's pass DLC, given what Itsuno said in an interview this year. I'd sonner expect him to be a post-FP DLC. On the other hand, it'd make that one fake leak from last year hilarious if Dante is announced this november.

Top Bottom