• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I’m all for Dante in Smash! I also kinda would love to hear Smash remixes of Devil May Cry music from Masami Ueda and Tetsuya Shibata. Such as Lock and Load, Devils Never Cry, etc.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
If Dante make it in he must have this moveset it would be so cool.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah, they're wilding if they think DMC2 at $20 is gonna sell well lmao

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
DMC2 was mine first Devil May Cry game--and because of that, I (sadly) had a low opinion on the series until I played DMC1. Still, I'm glad we're at least getting more DMC games on the Switch. I fancy DMC3 will come next--story wise, that is mine favourite in the series, along with DMC5. I think I'll keep mine expectations low for 4&5. Only thing I hated about DMC4 was the dice part. If I wanted random chance, I'd just go play Mario Party or something.

Now that we know more DLC characters on the way, I fancy Dante's chances increased. Assuming they're planning a DMC5 port, I'd say his chances are fairly high.

I wonder if they'll ever give Vergil his own game. So far, he's had playable cameos, but nothing major. He's definitely mine favourite character in the series. Ergo, after all the downfalls he's suffered, I would definitely like to see him have his chance to shine.

D

Deleted member

I've been a long time fan of DMC since the PS2 days so it's pretty cool if he gets into smash. It's beyond me why capcom would release dmc2 on the switch.

The_Goofyborn

Smash Cadet
NNID
The_Goofyborn
I won't lie, I thought Dante's chance were pretty low due to the fighters pass getting closer to the end, but his chances to be playable have increased by quite a bit with the announcement of more DLC fighters and him not being a mii costume or something.

Also hope Capcom isn't using dmc2 as a test to see if they should continue the DMC ports for Switch, because that would be an unfair assessment of these series. 2 is widely panned and often not even put into disscusions of DMC fans. 3&4 would be a much more fair assessment of the fan base on switch, as those are the favored games from the franchise (mostly 3, TBH.)

TL;DR I'm happy Dante has more of a shot and hope that DMC2 doesn't kill the ports.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like, with the release of DMC2, Capcom plans to release all of the games in the HD Collection and spread them out. They'd have to know that people aren't likely to rebuy Devil May Cry 2 on its own... right?

EDIT: on the plus side, Capcom seems to have learned some lessons from the DMC1 Switch port. DMC2 still costs $20 US, which seems pretty high compared to the cost of the HD Collection on other consoles, but it only takes up 1.7 GB instead of a little over 9 GB like DMC1 did. Hopefully this bodes well for DMC3 when it releases.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Add me to the support list. He's easily my most wanted character including first and third parties.

I know he doesn't have great chances or at least that's my sensation, but I truly think Dante is one of the good picks for ending a fighter pass. Not saying that he's a lock for #5, in fact I think that spot will go for Doomslayer. But if we talk about closing the fighter pass I think Dante would be a good choice: it will shock a lot of people, he's enough iconic even in the Nintendo audience and would bring cool reactions and response from people and the media.

Anyway as I said I don't think he has a lot of chances, specially because I think Resident Evil will be the next IP from Capcom (and I also want a RE character). The new fighter pass could be a great opportunity for Dante. My dream scenario for this would be Leon or Jill from RE for fighter #5 and Dante appearing in the next pass. I don't know if 2 more Capcom characters for DLC it's really possible, but if we think that they have a lot of cool characters maybe Sakurai would do an exception for them.

Im curious: has Sakurai said in some ocassion anything about Devil May Cry in his interviews? Or something about other franchises from Capcom (except Megaman and RE).

Phew. It's finally done. Here's that Dante moveset video.
I know I'm a bit late but I really liked this moveset. It covers really well the character. I would like some presence of other weapons, I think Cerberus should be in some moves for example. And his victory screen could receive a treatment like Joker: when he wins the screen 'breaks' because of bullets like happens in DMC3, 4 and 5 when you complete a mission.
Other than that I think it's almost perfect. Great work :)

Tinymo

Smash Rookie
Add me to the support list. He's easily my most wanted character including first and third parties.

I know he doesn't have great chances or at least that's my sensation, but I truly think Dante is one of the good picks for ending a fighter pass. Not saying that he's a lock for #5, in fact I think that spot will go for Doomslayer. But if we talk about closing the fighter pass I think Dante would be a good choice: it will shock a lot of people, he's enough iconic even in the Nintendo audience and would bring cool reactions and response from people and the media.

Anyway as I said I don't think he has a lot of chances, specially because I think Resident Evil will be the next IP from Capcom (and I also want a RE character). The new fighter pass could be a great opportunity for Dante. My dream scenario for this would be Leon or Jill from RE for fighter #5 and Dante appearing in the next pass. I don't know if 2 more Capcom characters for DLC it's really possible, but if we think that they have a lot of cool characters maybe Sakurai would do an exception for them.

Im curious: has Sakurai said in some ocassion anything about Devil May Cry in his interviews? Or something about other franchises from Capcom (except Megaman and RE).

I know I'm a bit late but I really liked this moveset. It covers really well the character. I would like some presence of other weapons, I think Cerberus should be in some moves for example. And his victory screen could receive a treatment like Joker: when he wins the screen 'breaks' because of bullets like happens in DMC3, 4 and 5 when you complete a mission.
Other than that I think it's almost perfect. Great work :)
Sakurai to my knowledge hasn't said anything about it however Dante's apparent demand to be in smash has, several times by Itsuno and capcom I think, Also where'd this doom guy hype come from? Am I the only one who doesn't get that? I mean he's cool in his own game but...They'd have to tone down the violence heavily and at that point is he doom guy anymore? To me he'd just be generic space marine with guns, and then there's also Geno hype too, Didn't come here with the intent of bashing but, Other than nostalgia for Mario RPG does anyone really care about geno? Every play through of rpg I've seen he's dumped the moment bowser and peach are acquired, imo he's only wanted because of previous hype and the only other Mario RPG rep is Mallow and nobody ****ing likes mallow

D

Deleted member

Sakurai to my knowledge hasn't said anything about it however Dante's apparent demand to be in smash has, several times by Itsuno and capcom I think, Also where'd this doom guy hype come from? Am I the only one who doesn't get that? I mean he's cool in his own game but...They'd have to tone down the violence heavily and at that point is he doom guy anymore? To me he'd just be generic space marine with guns, and then there's also Geno hype too, Didn't come here with the intent of bashing but, Other than nostalgia for Mario RPG does anyone really care about geno? Every play through of rpg I've seen he's dumped the moment bowser and peach are acquired, imo he's only wanted because of previous hype and the only other Mario RPG rep is Mallow and nobody ****ing likes mallow
I don't know but when people ask for Geno and complain about characters like Terry being obscure and niche, they have 0 awareness. Outside of Smash nobody cares about Geno.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Out of all the Capcom characters I'd like to see in the game, I definitely think Dante has the best chance! I'd still say a RE or MH rep is likelier due to how much bigger those series are overall, but I wouldn't count Dante out of the race yet. My only real fear is that he might suffer the same fate as Bayonetta and only stick to his vanilla weapons, which would be a shame with all the whacky stuff you earn throughout the games.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Honestly Dante is one of the character with most potential for Smash if we talk about moveset. He can do so MANY things and can use so MANY weapons it's crazy. Obviously they would stick to the most iconic weapons but technically Dante could use some crazy weapons like Pandora, the motorbike or Dr. Faust from 5, and other things.
I don't think Sakurai and his team would make him 'wrong'. I would definitely expect an style system for him or at least something like that. I feel that a Dante moveset without some presence of Royalguard/Trickster and some Gunslinger craziness would be incomplete.

Thanks for the answer. Yeah, Itsuno has talked about him in Smash, so at least Capcom is aware that there's some Dante demand. I guess Sakurai knows too, but I guess he would include Resident Evil first and maybe Monster Hunter or Phoenix Wright. I don't know about MH because I think the presence of Rathalos and some music in the game kinda deconfirms Monster Hunter for Ultimate, but who knows.

About the rest of your post... well it's your opinion, I honestly don't agree much with you.
I'm not particularly a fan of Doomslayer or Geno. I think they would be cool for Smash and I would like them, but I don't consider myself a fan of them and neither I actively support them, but I would be totally okay with their inclusion.

I think that Doomslayer could work in Smash. Of course he would be toned down and his moveset probably will try to translate Doom with a fast and overwhelming moveset. Well I don't think he's a lock I believe he could work with some changes.
About Geno I didn't play SM RPG but I like him, I don't know. Yeah, he has only appeared once at least for now, and of course nostalgia can play an important part in his support, but that doesn't make him bad or anything. Banjo & Kazooie and the most part of their support probably came from nostalgia of people who played his games when they were young.

I wouldn't take away merit from these characters. If you don't like Doomguy and Geno that's okay, tho. :)

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Also where'd this doom guy hype come from? Am I the only one who doesn't get that? I mean he's cool in his own game but...They'd have to tone down the violence heavily and at that point is he doom guy anymore? To me he'd just be generic space marine with guns, and then there's also Geno hype too, Didn't come here with the intent of bashing but, Other than nostalgia for Mario RPG does anyone really care about geno? Every play through of rpg I've seen he's dumped the moment bowser and peach are acquired, imo he's only wanted because of previous hype and the only other Mario RPG rep is Mallow and nobody ****ing likes mallow
I imagine the start of Doomslayer hype began with Doom 2016 getting ported to Switch, if he ever had demand prior to Ultimate, I never heard of it, but I guess it's not unjustified given the influence of the series on the FPS genre and that it did have ties to Nintendo long before the reboot (hilarious as they might be when you hear how much they hated the SNES port of the original Doom). I'll agree that visually I find Doomslayer to not be all differing from the cast, for all the complains "anime" characters get, I feel Doomslayer is not too different from say, a generic federation force soldier from Metroid. I'm not too familiar with the series to comment whether removing all violence from him takes away from his character. Don't take that as me thinking he's unlikely or I have anything against his addition thought, the only thing I'd wonder if they'd actually make hell his stage should he happen. As for Geno, I honestly don't really understand the hype either, Mario RPG is still my favorite of the Mario RPGs (man that sounds redundant), and he's definitely my go to party member for offensive strats, but I'd be lying I cared all too much for his personality, and I honestly cannot stand puppets, they freak me out.
Honestly Dante is one of the character with most potential for Smash if we talk about moveset. He can do so MANY things and can use so MANY weapons it's crazy. Obviously they would stick to the most iconic weapons but technically Dante could use some crazy weapons like Pandora, the motorbike or Dr. Faust from 5, and other things.
I don't think Sakurai and his team would make him 'wrong'. I would definitely expect an style system for him or at least something like that. I feel that a Dante moveset without some presence of Royalguard/Trickster and some Gunslinger craziness would be incomplete.
Yeah, the amount of stuff Dante can do in the later games is quite simply insane, that's why I kinda hope different normals/smash/specials have him use all sorts of weapons and not just stick to the good old Rebellion, but you also don't want his signature weapon to be a mere decoration (although I bet people wouldn't whine over "another swordsman" if he did that I guess).

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I can't help but wonder if the individual Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 2 releases might be part of a plan to build up to a HD Collection or DMC4 Special Edition release on the Switch. If Dante is one of the DLC fighters, then I could see Capcom wanting his release/reveal to coincide with one of these two.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can't help but wonder if the individual Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 2 releases might be part of a plan to build up to a HD Collection or DMC4 Special Edition release on the Switch. If Dante is one of the DLC fighters, then I could see Capcom wanting his release/reveal to coincide with one of these two.
Listen, there is no way on this green earth that Capcom is dumb enough to port over DMC2 and not DMC3, the game that defined Dante, the character action genre, and sick-ass rival battles.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Listen, there is no way on this green earth that Capcom is dumb enough to port over DMC2 and not DMC3, the game that defined Dante, the character action genre, and sick-*** rival battles.
On the other hand, Capcom’s done some dumb things in the past.

But they’ve improved lately, so I have my fingers crossed! I’d love it if we can make it up to 4 at the very least.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I think we'll eventually get all dmc, except 5 obviously, (yes even the reboot) on switch.
If that can lead to Dante being one of the DLC I'll be the happiest man on earth.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Listen, there is no way on this green earth that Capcom is dumb enough to port over DMC2 and not DMC3, the game that defined Dante, the character action genre, and sick-*** rival battles.
Yeah. Capcom will definitely release DMC3 for Switch.

Sometimes I question myself about what Itsuno said at the beginning of the year about DMC getting some games first on Switch before Dante being playable in Smash. Of course can be a simple 'coincidence', but it's curious, at least for me. At the time he said that probably he knew about the DMC1 port, I mean, he's the director of almost all main titles, it would be strange if he didn't knew anything. Maybe he said that to say something and evade the question about Smash.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
How do you guys think Dantes reveal trailer would go like? Would he just be doing Dante stuff at the DMC offices until he gets a call for, I don't know, the craziest party he's ever been invited to? I guess afterwards it could two ways, either a letter get slipped by his mailbox and the caller informs him he should receive something of the sort, or alternatively (and probably more accurate to the series), someone like Ridley or Ganondorf breaks through his door/window before his title card appears.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I think his reveal trailer would be more mysterious,like we have some characters in a dark area surrounded by monsters then Dante shows up and defeats every monster in the area.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm the only one who would want the multiple designs of Dante in Smash? I mean, reskins are nice because they're used to make reference of other characters, but I would prefer Dante having his DMC1, 3, 4 and 5 designs, each one having another skin. I don't know what design would be the default, I don't know which one Sakurai would pick.

How do you guys think Dantes reveal trailer would go like? Would he just be doing Dante stuff at the DMC offices until he gets a call for, I don't know, the craziest party he's ever been invited to? I guess afterwards it could two ways, either a letter get slipped by his mailbox and the caller informs him he should receive something of the sort, or alternatively (and probably more accurate to the series), someone like Ridley or Ganondorf breaks through his door/window before his title card appears.
I think his reveal trailer would be more mysterious,like we have some characters in a dark area surrounded by monsters then Dante shows up and defeats every monster in the area.
Yeah I think the trailer will probably something like Adelto said. A trailer with Dante in his office would be really cool but if you start with that there's no surprise, and Smash reveals usually go that way.

For me the ideal trailer for Dante features Bayonetta in some way. I don't know, maybe she is in a city, running and fighting from some evil versions of Smash characters (like Marth and Meta Knight in the Hero reveal). Then she founds a open shop because she hears some music coming from there, she looks and the sign of the place isn't there in order to not revealing so easily that it's Dante. She enters and fights the enemies with crazy rock music in the background until she's starting to have some problems. Then a slice of pizza is thrown from nowhere and Dante appears to help making some of his jokes and Devils Never Cry starts to play with a gameplay section of Dante.
After the ingame scenes the duo defeats the enemies and then Dante and Bayonetta start to fight each other to have fun, closing the trailer.

There's probably better ideas but I don't know, I liked the idea of the trailer taking place in the DMC office and I tried to figure something to include Bayonetta. If the reveal for fighter 5 starts features Bayonetta I would instantly think in Dante xD

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I understand what you mean by the surprise factor, but we have seen a trailer or two where they didn't start with the Smash logo before (I think it was Joker and Isabelle?), so with that scrapped, couldn't it be seen as a reveal of a new DMC or something? Then again, if you drop that on a Nintendo direct it'd still be pretty obvious, it'd have to be an announcement similar to the game awards, and we haven't seen Nintendo do that in any other such events iirc so eh, probably not the likeliest of theories.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I understand what you mean by the surprise factor, but we have seen a trailer or two where they didn't start with the Smash logo before (I think it was Joker and Isabelle?), so with that scrapped, couldn't it be seen as a reveal of a new DMC or something? Then again, if you drop that on a Nintendo direct it'd still be pretty obvious, it'd have to be an announcement similar to the game awards, and we haven't seen Nintendo do that in any other such events iirc so eh, probably not the likeliest of theories.
You have a point.
But when I talked about the surprise factor I wasn't refering to the Smash logo appearing at the beginning of the trailer, I was talking about Smash reveals usually trying to keep the surprise until the last moment, where they reveal the fighter. Sometimes is pretty obvious since the beginning, but I would say all Smash reveals plays with that.

For that reason I don't think that a Dante reveal would start directly with him. If we see the Smash logo and then Dante fighting some demons, well, the surprise is gone.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering, do you guys think we could get more than one Capcom dlc? Because I've seen many people arguing that resident evil should be represented before dmc and I think it make sense. But if resident evil make it in that could mean no Dante... What you guys think?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I was wondering, do you guys think we could get more than one Capcom dlc? Because I've seen many people arguing that resident evil should be represented before dmc and I think it make sense. But if resident evil make it in that could mean no Dante... What you guys think?
I think Sakurai and Nintendo are both really hesitant to double dip on companies, and even less likely to triple or quadruple dip, so I'd bet my money on just one more Capcom guy and anyone beyond that would be skeptical.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I mean, I expected only one rep per company, and here we have Capcom and Konami with 3. Not really Capcom's fault they hold a decent margin of recognizable IPs on their hand. We also don't know how much more willing they're to add western IPs post Banjo, if they couldn't care less, there's not that many signifcant japanese devs left to involve in this.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't think 2 Capcom reps is impossible, but not the most likely scenario.
If we don't have more DLC beyond the next fighter pass (if it's a fighter pass 2 because maybe they're standalone characters) and fighter 5 isn't a Capcom character then yeah, I don't think we're gonna get more than one Capcom fighter.

Tinymo

Smash Rookie
I don't think 2 Capcom reps is impossible, but not the most likely scenario.
If we don't have more DLC beyond the next fighter pass (if it's a fighter pass 2 because maybe they're standalone characters) and fighter 5 isn't a Capcom character then yeah, I don't think we're gonna get more than one Capcom fighter.
I noticed you said something about other reps earlier so I'd like to say some stuff about them
1. Monster hunter rep: I don't think it'll happen, the director of MH world had said he prefers to see the monsters in crossovers and that's why we have Ratholos and Nergigante in Teppen and why Ratholos is an assist/boss in smash
2. RE rep: this one is probable, Although seeing how shockingly well dmc 5 sold, like I believe it sold 2.2 million in its first week, I don't know how much RE remake made but that might be me, Still Leon in smash would be nice
3. Phoenix Wright: He's also plausible, Although capcom seems to be shunning the AA series lately so I dunno
If anyone wants me to review more reps I can, All capcom reps would be a good choice for smash though, They make too many good games and IPs heh

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I noticed you said something about other reps earlier so I'd like to say some stuff about them
1. Monster hunter rep: I don't think it'll happen, the director of MH world had said he prefers to see the monsters in crossovers and that's why we have Ratholos and Nergigante in Teppen and why Ratholos is an assist/boss in smash
2. RE rep: this one is probable, Although seeing how shockingly well dmc 5 sold, like I believe it sold 2.2 million in its first week, I don't know how much RE remake made but that might be me, Still Leon in smash would be nice
3. Phoenix Wright: He's also plausible, Although capcom seems to be shunning the AA series lately so I dunno
If anyone wants me to review more reps I can, All capcom reps would be a good choice for smash though, They make too many good games and IPs heh
I honestly don't see a Monster Hunter rep happening anytime soon. They could include 8 different skins with multiple designs of hunter, but I feel Rathalos presence in the game softly deconfirms a Monster Hunter rep. Maybe I'm wrong tho.

Resident Evil I think it's the most possible newcomer from Capcom. Resident Evil 2 sold at least 3-4 million as far as I know. I also want Leon and/or Jill for Smash, so I would be happy.

About Phoenix Wright I think it's worth mentioning but I don't think he would join the roster before a RE/DMC rep even if Ace Attorney franchise has more connections with Nintendo platforms than Devil May Cry. Phoenix Wright is for sure a popular request and probably the most requested character from Capcom among the Smash community. At the same time, maybe I'm wrong or my perspective isn't correct but I don't see his support is enough bigger to be joining Smash before a Resident Evil rep. I've a hard time imagining Sakurai putting Phoenix Wright before Leon/Jill and Dante if I'm honest.
I would be okay with him, I've never played Ace Attorney but I think he would be a cool choice.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm inclined to agree that MH isn't likely anymore, that comment from the director is pretty damning on the generic hunter chances.
RE has a lot going for, it's one of Capcom 2 most lucrative IPs, it had a significant impact in videogames and the rise of the survival horror genre and later on action games and it has a fair share of history with Nintendo from its early days, but I'm not considering them our guaranteed next Capcom rep yet, Megaman and Street Fighter happened despite not having the most impressive sales if you look at it on a release by release basis.
I'd say Phoenix is kind of the equivalent to Isaac from Capcom as far as push goes, I don't think it has the same mainstream appeal as a lot of their other reps, but the Smash fanbase to him is pretty devoted, although to be fair, I wouldn't call Ace Attorney that obscure anymore. The games did pretty well commercially for a visual novel, and even if not as many people played those, I'm sure Phoenix appearance in UMvsC3, the anime alongside the countless amount of memes and parodies the series got makes it at the very least decently well known. It also hasn't been dormant for that long for that to be an issue (besides that we already saw Banjo get in), and it definitely has the biggest brand loyalty to Ninty out of all those possibilities (little as that might be when we got stuff like Snake, Cloud and Joker). I wouldn't say I think he's likelier than either a RE rep, or Dante, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he happened to join in instead. That said, while I'd love to see him in, it's also one of those characters I wouldn't have minded if he just appeared as an AT or spirit instead, I'd be happy with AA just getting some representation into the game in any shape or form.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm inclined to agree that MH isn't likely anymore, that comment from the director is pretty damning on the generic hunter chances.
RE has a lot going for, it's one of Capcom 2 most lucrative IPs, it had a significant impact in videogames and the rise of the survival horror genre and later on action games and it has a fair share of history with Nintendo from its early days, but I'm not considering them our guaranteed next Capcom rep yet, Megaman and Street Fighter happened despite not having the most impressive sales if you look at it on a release by release basis.
I'd say Phoenix is kind of the equivalent to Isaac from Capcom as far as push goes, I don't think it has the same mainstream appeal as a lot of their other reps, but the Smash fanbase to him is pretty devoted, although to be fair, I wouldn't call Ace Attorney that obscure anymore. The games did pretty well commercially for a visual novel, and even if not as many people played those, I'm sure Phoenix appearance in UMvsC3, the anime alongside the countless amount of memes and parodies the series got makes it at the very least decently well known. It also hasn't been dormant for that long for that to be an issue (besides that we already saw Banjo get in), and it definitely has the biggest brand loyalty to Ninty out of all those possibilities (little as that might be when we got stuff like Snake, Cloud and Joker). I wouldn't say I think he's likelier than either a RE rep, or Dante, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he happened to join in instead. That said, while I'd love to see him in, it's also one of those characters I wouldn't have minded if he just appeared as an AT or spirit instead, I'd be happy with AA just getting some representation into the game in any shape or form.
I think it's possible to Phoenix Wright joining the roster before Dante or a RE rep, but at the same time I don't think it's the most likely scenario. I find hard to imagine Sakurai putting him before Dante or a Resident Evil rep.

And yeah I don't think Ace Attorney is an obscure franchise. It's a popular one. Of course all depend of what genres you like. A fan of action games will probably prefer DMC over Ace Attorney, for example.

About Resident Evil if I remember right is the franchise with more sales in Capcom.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I think it's possible to Phoenix Wright joining the roster before Dante or a RE rep, but at the same time I don't think it's the most likely scenario. I find hard to imagine Sakurai putting him before Dante or a Resident Evil rep.
I agree there, I could maybe see Phoenix before RE depending on whether they find some of the zombies/viruses iffy in the gore department (but I don't remember the majority being that bad for that to be a problem), but I don't know if there's much Phoenix has over Dante besides more ties with Nintendo systems, I think they're both great options so I'm cool with either making it in, all the better if it's both.
About Resident Evil if I remember right is the franchise with more sales in Capcom.
I haven't checked which franchise has the most numbers overall, but I know MH World became Capcoms best selling game for a pretty significant margin over their previous top seller, which I think was RE5.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I agree there, I could maybe see Phoenix before RE depending on whether they find some of the zombies/viruses iffy in the gore department (but I don't remember the majority being that bad for that to be a problem), but I don't know if there's much Phoenix has over Dante besides more ties with Nintendo systems, I think they're both great options so I'm cool with either making it in, all the better if it's both.

I haven't checked which franchise has the most numbers overall, but I know MH World became Capcoms best selling game for a pretty significant margin over their previous top seller, which I think was RE5.
Yeah Monster Hunter World is the best selling game from Capcom, but overall I'm pretty sure Resident Evil as a franchise is the top 1 from their IPs.
Most of top 10 of Capcom best selling games are RE games.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the only reason I can see for Dante to be in before RE is the moveset. Joker already bring the knife + gun combo and Dante has so many gimmicks (devil trigger, style bar, changing weapon,style mode, even sdt) it would be much easier to make something creative with Dante imo.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Yeah Monster Hunter World is the best selling game from Capcom, but overall I'm pretty sure Resident Evil as a franchise is the top 1 from their IPs.
Most of top 10 of Capcom best selling games are RE games.
just searched and you're right RE is still above MH as a whole for quite a bit http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/salesdata.html
Honestly, the only reason I can see for Dante to be in before RE is the moveset. Joker already bring the knife + gun combo and Dante has so many gimmicks (devil trigger, style bar, changing weapon,style mode, even sdt) it would be much easier to make something creative with Dante imo.
for sure, Dante has an insane amount of potential based on his MvsC3 moveset alone, and that doesn't make much use of his DMC1, 4 and (for obvious reasons) 5 toolset if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't be surprised if his rivaled RE top characters in a popularity poll, but that's just guesswork and not something I've seen polled anywhere noteworthy to confirm it.

Top Bottom