• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
On a related note, I'm making a new Dante set that'll be more focused around DMC5 and more cohesive with Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory, and a focus on DT. Luckily DMC5 gave me like, the perfect Final Smash already wrapped up in a bow.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
On a related note, I'm making a new Dante set that'll be more focused around DMC5 and more cohesive with Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory, and a focus on DT. Luckily DMC5 gave me like, the perfect Final Smash already wrapped up in a bow.
Can't wait to see what it's like!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I have a strong feeling the last remaining two will be Capcom and Namco. Hoping here for Dante!

The_Goofyborn

Smash Cadet
NNID
The_Goofyborn
Dusted off my old account just to give my support to my most wanted. Odds seem against us, but here's hoping we can style as everyone's favorite Stylish, Viewtiful, rotten-lucked with the ladies, wacky woo-hoo pizzaman devil hunter in Smash. I look forward to shouting "Jackpot!" during his reveal, if Sakurai blesses us with his presence.

Let's keep up hope this party will officially be crazy!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We've got details on the Switch version of Devil May Cry 1 through the Coming Soon section on the Nintendo eShop. It comes out sooner than I expected (ranging from June 24th to 27th, depending on where you are; either way, it's out in less than a week), and it's not as expensive as I expected it would be (it's roughly $18 ($25 Canadian); I was worried that it was going to be $30 ($40 Canadian) like the Resident Evil ports).

It's digital-only, as expected, and the file size is a little over 9 GB. I might have to get a new SD card; I buy larger games physically whenever possible, but my 128 GB card doesn't seem like it's going to be able to cut it for much longer. (there's only 3GB left on it, and about 24 GB on the console itself)

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
It's apparently confirmed June 24th. Which is my birthday. Thank you Capcom for this epic Birthday present.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I've noticed a pattern: So far, each DLC fighter has been somewhat of an amalgam of previous fighters. Joker has a mix of Sheik, Bayo, Falco, and Robin's abilities. Hero looks like a mix of Link, Robin, and the other Fire Emblem lords. Banjo looks like a mix of Duck Hunt, Mega Man, and Donkey Kong.

I fancy it was easier to borrow off other characters than create new moves from scratch. That said, I'm willing to bet the remaining two will be amalgams as well.

That said, if Dante did get in and he was an amalgam, whom do you lot think he would borrow from? Mine idea is Shulk, Bayonetta, Cloud, and Ike.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
We've got details on the Switch version of Devil May Cry 1 through the Coming Soon section on the Nintendo eShop. It comes out sooner than I expected (ranging from June 24th to 27th, depending on where you are; either way, it's out in less than a week), and it's not as expensive as I expected it would be (it's roughly $18 ($25 Canadian); I was worried that it was going to be $30 ($40 Canadian) like the Resident Evil ports).

It's digital-only, as expected, and the file size is a little over 9 GB. I might have to get a new SD card; I buy larger games physically whenever possible, but my 128 GB card doesn't seem like it's going to be able to cut it for much longer. (there's only 3GB left on it, and about 24 GB on the console itself)
Ohmygodyes

Here’s hoping the others follow!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ohmygodyes

Here’s hoping the others follow!
Hopefully we get DMC3, at least. I'd like to think that DMC4: Special Edition is likely, and while I have my doubts about DMC5, maybe they could make that happen.

D

Deleted member

Imagine that Dante could change his weapons if he got to Smash.

I would find it amazing if we could fight with his motorcycle from DMC5 turned into swords.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I can imagine Dante with a moveset with rebellion ,cerberus ebony and ivory and somes kick and punch moves .

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh yeah anyone see that DMC Pinnacle of Combat mobile game?

While the game itself is well... a DMC game on mobile devices, the key art itself looks pretty fantastic as does the trailers.
It's probably the closest we'll ever come to getting a DMC3 remake considering Itsuno hates retreading old ground.

I have to say their official renders are also incredibly nice:
Dante render 2.jpg

Dante vs Vergil.jpg
Oh and here's that Dante render cleaned up, gotta say it looks really good despite being made just to market a cashgrab mobile game:
Again, I did this one by hand, so you might notice some errors here and there, but the image quality is so high I don't think it matters too much.
Dante render 3.png

Have fun with that one.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
It would be great if this game come to switch it would make a huge difference because that would make it a switch exclusive game since it will not get a release outside of China so if the switch can make a worldwide release it would be a win win situation. Especially since it can make a good argument for dante in smash.

The render look good I will see what I can do with it

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink

New video! I go over a wide variety of DMC content possible in Smash. I wanted to branch out a little so I made a Smash video, and I'll be making another very soon! And finishing up my DMC5 review with a story review, and doing a review of DMC1 Switch. Man, I'm swamped.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Great video there's just some point I would see differently.
First off his up b, I would see the special jump from the jump platform in dmc 3 and 4.
Then for royal guard I could see a down b counter since he can counter with royal guard
Then for his last costume I would see a dmc3 alt.
For the music I would remove one for the cerberus battle.
For Trish spirit I would see a black zss fight since she has thunder attacks like Trish.

Except those point I think I agree with the rest well maybe save the vergil battle for one of the last battle rather than the beginning.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Aahhhh you make a good point about ZSS, she fits Trish better. I didn't even think about that, was too focused on having dual pistols that I just jumped straight to Bayonetta.

And in my first moveset- I think that's on page 1 of this thread- I made Royal Guard Down B, but I got a request to change it when I redid the set for Source Gaming, and incorporating it into Dante's normal guard frees up that Down B for cool stuff without sacrificing Royal Guard's utility. It's just a personal preference thing, and I got a lot of feedback wondering where Devil Trigger was and why it wasn't in my set, so everything just fell into place.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I see that still a great moveset tho I don't have any big problems with it. If Nintendo could do it that would be awesome

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Has anyone been playing Devil May Cry on the Switch? I got it; $20 seemed like a decent price, and I was able to make room on my SD card by archiving a game that I haven't played for a while. (I don't know how many games that I'd want to download in the near future; I tend to get physical games)

This is my second playthrough of the game (I played it along with 2 and 3 on the HD collection before), and I've been doing much better with completing secret missions and farming red orbs this time around. I only have three moves left (Kick 13 level 2, Meteor level 2, and Rolling Blaze) before I get all of Dante's skills, and then all of my red orbs can go towards getting blue or purple orbs.

I don't know if I'll be able to beat the game on higher difficulties, but I'm hoping to get all of the health and DT gauge upgrades to make future playthroughs easier. Out of the in-game achievements, the main ones that I'm concerned about seem to be beating the game without dying (which does not seem like it's going to happen, unless I can start a new game plus and carry over my progress to another playthrough on the same difficulty, or doing it on easy mode counts) and getting all of the enemy file entries. (since some are luck-based or require incredibly precise/specific actions)

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
You reminded me two things:
First, i haven't finished the first dmc shame on me i'm stuck with one of the last chapter where you fight against nightmare to help trish.
Secondly, this is a good argument for dante in smash
I'm not sure if i should take it, sure $20 maybe worth it but since i didn't finish it on the hd collection i should do this first i think

on another subject i finished my new dante creation i made two version since i wasn't sure with the first one :

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just beat Devil May Cry on the Switch. I've played it before, but I wanted something shorter to go between the absurdly long RPGs or Zelda style games in my backlog.

Thanks to some grinding for red orbs, I managed to get all of the achievements but four - beat the game on hard and Dante Must Die difficulties, beat the game without using a yellow orb (I died five times), and get all of the enemy file entries. I got most of those, but I mainly missed ones that were pure RNG (watching the enemy use a certain move) or required the enemy to nearly (or actually) kill Dante (two entries in the Blade file).

This was my first time going back to the game after playing through the other entries (at least the numbered ones - I didn't touch the reboot). In some ways, it was easier than I remember it being (the Shadows in particular were a MASSIVE pain the first time around, and the Secret Missions seemed a lot easier to do aside from the ones where you fight three Shadows at once in close quarters), but it's so clunky compared to the games that came after it.

It's unfair to compare the game to its sequels, I know, but even without that being taken into account, even simple actions like dodging, accurately jumping, and shooting are so unnecessarily complicated or difficult in this game, and changing weapons is a huge hassle.

The writing was iffy at points (I don't know if the second-to-last scene with Dante and Trish flying away was poorly translated or awkwardly worded, but it just felt off), and I definitely prefer Reuben Langdon over Drew Coombs as far as voice actors for Dante go. (Reuben sounds like he's having so much fun in the role, while Drew sounds so serious and grim even when Dante's mocking his opponents) However, I still had fun playing it, and it was refreshingly short. (only 6 or 7 hours - compared to Okami being forty hours, and Final Fantasy 7 looking to be about the same length, it was nice to play a game that I could beat in a few sessions)

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I beat DMC1 a few times in the last few days myself and it's really refreshing to play a game that's campaign is only like 3 hours long. I also found myself changing the weird control schemes I set for later games to be more like they are in DMC1 because the controls of it really clicked with me and made sense.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
It's a nice render, but I never cared for Dante with that little strap across his chest. Give him a shirt and don't give him a shirt. That just looks kinda weird.

I would actually even like DMC Dante as a playable costume, if for no other reason than to be able to beat on him as classic Dante.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I agree that i found that little strap and the no shirt thing weird that's why i like all the other version of dante except of course dmc devil may cry dante. It would be nice if we have dante AND all of his outfit but that would make 5-6 so what can be done for the other two?Obviously we can make a vergil color theme and a nero one bu wich outfit would suit bette those colors scheme?

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i think dmc 3 is one of the best of the franchise if not the best but his design is kinda meh compared to his other design (again, except for his dmc dmc design)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I didn't originally care for his DMC3 design but once I read the design docs for him it's grown to be one of my favorites if not my most favorite.

From the start they wanted a "rockstar" outfit to show he's far more flashy, flamboyant, and younger than both DMC1 and DMC2 Dante. The gratuitous leather and accessories really plays into that along with the torn right sleeve.

Personally I think it really captures Dante at peak Dante attitude. Where he personally took the spotlight and exhibited his Devil May Care, "I just wanna fight Vergil" attitudr. His other most prominent appearances have a slightly more somber tone to them as Dante moves to being more a mentor character and letting other characters take the spotlight. Also like how this one has some smaller subtler details like the studs on the straps, the torn sleeve, and for some reason being the only outfit with gun holsters.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i get your point and that's precisely why my favorite design is his dmc 5 design you can see he's getting old and he keep trying doing his job but when he leave SPOIL with vergil he really looked like " i'm done with this it's your turn kiddo" like the master give his place to the student. I still want to see dante in an upcoming game but that would make sense that nero become the new devil may cry protag.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I really like the DMC3 design, it's one of my all-time favorite designs in any game period. It's perfect for his flamboyant cocksure character, and to date it's the only design that has gun and sword holsters for Dante (that's what the leather is for!). I just love how incredibly intricate and practical it is.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man, I've gotten so used to seeing Vergil's SDT with the tail being near the shoulder blades, when I see designs that have the tail above the butt it looks so weird to me.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
One can dream, but a moveset I came up with:
Unique quirks:
  • Is allowed at least 1 Enemy Step (cancels a move) (refreshes Air Hike/double jump and has the detection range extending a bit past that of a normal footstool) per air time (2 in Devil Trigger)
  • Has a wall jump (Wall Hike)
  • Has Rebellion and Ebony&Ivory as his main weapons that Style Switch only affects (there are a few exceptions).
  • Various devil arm attacks will be represented mostly through standard attacks.
  • Has DT gauge (based on successfully landing hits ONLY and loses all progress when losing a stock) and Royal Gauge (based on successful Royal Block attempts) (does not lose progress when losing a stock).
  • Devil Trigger activated/deactivated with Shield+Special input (air ok) (Can break out of command/normal grabs) (can be used during startup/active/cooldown frames) (Increases damage/speed and steadily, but slowly recovers health)

Specials:

-Neutral Special: Style Switch (Trickster, Swordmaster, Gunslinger, Royalguard) Used similarly to activating Shulk's Monado Arts, by pointing among the 4 cardinal directions to choose style; Up for Trickster, Right for Swordmaster, Left for Gunslinger, Down for Royalguard. Can be used during startup/active/cooldown frames and hitstun. Trickster is the initial Style at the start of the match.

-Side Special (Trickster): Dash/Double Dash/Triple Dash (crosses up and intangible only on 1st Dash) (ground), Sky Star (air), Flipper (when hit)
(Swordmaster): Prop (first input) (ground) Shredder (2nd input) (ground), Aerial Rave (air)
(Gunslinger): Gun Stinger (ground) (can combo into Cut-in-Front/Cut-in-Back), Fireworks Air (air)
(Royalguard): Royal Release (ground) (cooldown added on failed attempt), Air (Royal) Release (air) (cooldown added on failed attempt)

-Up Special (Trickster): Air Trick (can act afterwards)/Flipper (when hit)
(Swordmaster): Dance Macabre (ground), Firestorm (air)
(Gunslinger): Acid Rain (ground), Blaster (air)
(Royalguard): Royal Revenge (uses 1 stock of Royal Gauge) (more cooldown frames added depending on how long it is held)

-Down Special (Trickster): Ground Trick/Flipper (when hit)
(Swordmaster): Drive (ground) (tap twice for Quick Drive) (hold for Over Drive), The Hammer (air)
(Gunslinger): Twosome Time (ground) (locks on) (hold for continuous fire), Honeycomb Fire (ground) (tap repeatedly), Rain Storm (air)
(Royalguard): Royal Block (ground) (cooldown added on failed attempt), Air (Royal) Block (air) (cooldown added on failed attempt)

-Quarter Circle (Down) Forward Special:
(Ground) Round Trip
(Air) Friction/Full House/Killer Bee

Standard Attacks:

-Jab: Rebellion Combo A (3 hits), Rebellion Combo B (4 hits) (Combos into Million Stab)
-Dash Attack: Stinger (Combos into Million Stab)

-Forward Tilt: Lucifer Combo A, Lucifer Combo B, Lucifer Combo C, Lucifer Combo D, Lucifer Combo E
-Up Tilt: High Time (hold to lift into the air)
-Down Tilt: Reverb Shock (Combos into Jam Session)

-Forward Smash: Crystal (Combos into Million Carats)
-Up Smash: Real Impact
-Down Smash: Volcano (Combos into Beehive)

-Neutral Air: Sky Dance (only the initial hits before its traditional descent) (input fast fall to halt horizontal momentum and descend)
-Forward Air: Revolver
-Back Air: Splash
-Up Air: Updraft
-Down Air: Helm Breaker

-Quarter Circle (Down) Forward Attack:
(Ground) Epidemic (transitions into Hatred with 360° input) (transitions into Revenge with 360° input)
(Air) Jealousy

-Forward Throw: Jet Stream (Combos into Crazy Dance)
-Back Throw: Backslide
-Up Throw: Twister (Combos into Tempest)
-Down Throw: Wild Stomp

-Side Taunt: Beckons Alright, baby! You're not scared, are you? Come on!
-Up Taunt: Laughs Guts and honor!
-Down Taunt: Claps Hey, what's up?
-Taunt (air): Rose Toss (Ecstasy)

-Final Smash:
(Far) Million Dollars (Jackpot!)
(Near) Devil Must Die (You're finished! Here's the finale! And that's how you do it)

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty good moveset man, that's why i think dante should be in because sakurai would be capable of doing such a good moveset like this or even better just look how good the moveset of the actuals dlcs are.It would be pretty hard to master tho .

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Pretty radical, like how you handled Style Switching.

Currently working on a big Dante moveset video for Source Gaming so I'm interested in seeing many people's takes on Dante. I think I already have to change the proposed set from my "All Content In" video cause someone pointed out that the Up Special (Dash) was too similar in function to the Side Special (Gun Stinger) in that they both charged Dante forward and I'm like, huh, yeah, that's true.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Currently working on a big Dante moveset video for Source Gaming so I'm interested in seeing many people's takes on Dante. I think I already have to change the proposed set from my "All Content In" video cause someone pointed out that the Up Special (Dash) was too similar in function to the Side Special (Gun Stinger) in that they both charged Dante forward and I'm like, huh, yeah, that's true.
Well Captain falcon has both falcon kick and raptor boost so honestly I don't think it matters too much if you've got redundant moves.

not to mention Sonic and his ball obsession.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
That's fair! I also made those moves so they can potentially combo into each other into the air because I want Dante to have a sick air game as staying in the air and being as radical as possible is like, a big thing in DMC.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
That's a pretty good moveset man, that's why i think dante should be in because sakurai would be capable of doing such a good moveset like this or even better just look how good the moveset of the actuals dlcs are.It would be pretty hard to master tho .
Hard to master would be so Dante, though. Definitely could provide a unique experience to those looking for a challenge in learning a new character in Smash, and DMC fans would feel right at home in the potential depth he would (should) have.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing it!

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
And I've finally finished the "Part 2" of my DMC5 review, the story analysis!

Hopefully now I can get to work on my Dante moveset video. Shooting for next Wednesday release!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
One can dream, but a moveset I came up with:
Unique quirks:
  • Is allowed at least 1 Enemy Step (cancels a move) (refreshes Air Hike/double jump and has the detection range extending a bit past that of a normal footstool) per air time (2 in Devil Trigger)
  • Has a wall jump (Wall Hike)
  • Has Rebellion and Ebony&Ivory as his main weapons that Style Switch only affects (there are a few exceptions).
  • Various devil arm attacks will be represented mostly through standard attacks.
  • Has DT gauge (based on successfully landing hits ONLY and loses all progress when losing a stock) and Royal Gauge (based on successful Royal Block attempts) (does not lose progress when losing a stock).
  • Devil Trigger activated/deactivated with Shield+Special input (air ok) (Can break out of command/normal grabs) (can be used during startup/active/cooldown frames) (Increases damage/speed and steadily, but slowly recovers health)

Specials:

-Neutral Special: Style Switch (Trickster, Swordmaster, Gunslinger, Royalguard) Used similarly to activating Shulk's Monado Arts, by pointing among the 4 cardinal directions to choose style; Up for Trickster, Right for Swordmaster, Left for Gunslinger, Down for Royalguard. Can be used during startup/active/cooldown frames and hitstun. Trickster is the initial Style at the start of the match.

-Side Special (Trickster): Dash/Double Dash/Triple Dash (crosses up and intangible only on 1st Dash) (ground), Sky Star (air), Flipper (when hit)
(Swordmaster): Prop (first input) (ground) Shredder (2nd input) (ground), Aerial Rave (air)
(Gunslinger): Gun Stinger (ground) (can combo into Cut-in-Front/Cut-in-Back), Fireworks Air (air)
(Royalguard): Royal Release (ground) (cooldown added on failed attempt), Air (Royal) Release (air) (cooldown added on failed attempt)

-Up Special (Trickster): Air Trick (can act afterwards)/Flipper (when hit)
(Swordmaster): Dance Macabre (ground), Firestorm (air)
(Gunslinger): Acid Rain (ground), Blaster (air)
(Royalguard): Royal Revenge (uses 1 stock of Royal Gauge) (more cooldown frames added depending on how long it is held)

-Down Special (Trickster): Ground Trick/Flipper (when hit)
(Swordmaster): Drive (ground) (tap twice for Quick Drive) (hold for Over Drive), The Hammer (air)
(Gunslinger): Twosome Time (ground) (locks on) (hold for continuous fire), Honeycomb Fire (ground) (tap repeatedly), Rain Storm (air)
(Royalguard): Royal Block (ground) (cooldown added on failed attempt), Air (Royal) Block (air) (cooldown added on failed attempt)

-Quarter Circle (Down) Forward Special:
(Ground) Round Trip
(Air) Friction/Full House/Killer Bee

Standard Attacks:

-Jab: Rebellion Combo A (3 hits), Rebellion Combo B (4 hits) (Combos into Million Stab)
-Dash Attack: Stinger (Combos into Million Stab)

-Forward Tilt: Lucifer Combo A, Lucifer Combo B, Lucifer Combo C, Lucifer Combo D, Lucifer Combo E
-Up Tilt: High Time (hold to lift into the air)
-Down Tilt: Reverb Shock (Combos into Jam Session)

-Forward Smash: Crystal (Combos into Million Carats)
-Up Smash: Real Impact
-Down Smash: Volcano (Combos into Beehive)

-Neutral Air: Sky Dance (only the initial hits before its traditional descent) (input fast fall to halt horizontal momentum and descend)
-Forward Air: Revolver
-Back Air: Splash
-Up Air: Updraft
-Down Air: Helm Breaker

-Quarter Circle (Down) Forward Attack:
(Ground) Epidemic (transitions into Hatred with 360° input) (transitions into Revenge with 360° input)
(Air) Jealousy

-Forward Throw: Jet Stream (Combos into Crazy Dance)
-Back Throw: Backslide
-Up Throw: Twister (Combos into Tempest)
-Down Throw: Wild Stomp

-Side Taunt: Beckons Alright, baby! You're not scared, are you? Come on!
-Up Taunt: Laughs Guts and honor!
-Down Taunt: Claps Hey, what's up?
-Taunt (air): Rose Toss (Ecstasy)

-Final Smash:
(Far) Million Dollars (Jackpot!)
(Near) Devil Must Die (You're finished! Here's the finale! And that's how you do it)

I want to mention some more things I thought of for Dante:

So you know how Bayonetta combos well, and the way she was balanced with having these combos was to add landing lag to her special moves? Well, I imagine with such a crazy moveset that I envisioned for Dante, there would need to be some sort of limiter for balance as well. And that limiter would consist of how much damage and knockback he would perform per hit. Hear me out on this:

Introducing the Style system as part of his unique quirks! We all know how this works in the DMC games; the more variety of moves you pull off in a combo, the higher the style ranking. The way I visualize how this works in Smash is the higher the style ranking, the more knockback Dante gains from his moves, thus making it more difficult to combo to reach the next level of style. As you can imagine, in order to consistently pull off KOs at the average killing percentages with sufficient knockback on his moves, the player would need to have at least an S rank style (SSS rank would have moves at max knockback); having this as a requirement would promote more creativity and style to finish off opponents. To summarize, the (base) knockback of his moves is tied to his Style Rank, which increases from slightly to significantly with each higher rank achieved. Also, getting hit moderately lowers your style rank.

Now let's get to the damage aspect of his "limiter".
With the moveset I created for Dante, he would have many ways to combo consistently with the most hits Smash has ever seen. To balance this out, most of his moves, if not all, would net roughly around 1%. That's right; you read that right. 1%. This sounds harsh, right? I mean, imagine any character in Smash that would have all their moves hit for 1%. That's ridiculously bad for your standard Smash character, but for Dante, this would be appropriate. This would also make him even more difficult to play and master than his moveset would already require! However, with the insane amount of hits Dante is capable of landing, having each of them deal 1% (2% in Devil Trigger) could equate to a simple 3 hit combo from your average Smash character. Basically, Dante players would have to combo more moves for the same damage than players of other characters.

By combining both aspects of his balancing limiter and for Dante to be played effectively, players would need to combo stylishly and efficiently with a technical moveset. Dante would be a high reward character with a high skill floor and ceiling; he would not be a beginner friendly character, but he would be well worth the effort to master in a competitive environment.

In closing, Dante would be a nice contrast to Bayonetta, who is a character that can rack up damage easily in a combo and would be easier to play. Bayonetta can also struggle to kill at times, but Dante would have a plethora of kill options once he reaches S rank, while inputting the most miniscule of damage per hit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom