• All episodes of the new Smash Brothers documentary 'Metagame' are available on Vimeo! Get Metagame Here

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

• Support Smashboards and get Premium Membership today!

"Keepin' it in Style!" - Dante for Smash Ultimate

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I feel like people are jumping the gun by saying that four Capcom costumes (all of which were included to promote two specific games) means that every single Capcom character stands no chance of being playable. If we had gotten a Dante Mii costume, I'd understand why people were doing this, but as it stands, this pessimism just confuses me.

If anything, I'd argue that Dante's chances seem better now - going into this, I figured the three most likely Capcom characters were Monster Hunter, Dante, and Phoenix Wright.
What about Chun-Li?

JOJONumber691

Smash Ace
Trolling
Dante is DEAD LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In all seriousness, I don't have to worry as much about Bayonetta 2.0 getting in so I'm FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In all seriousness, outside of my bias, I do hope you can get another chance another day, hopefully in an engine where it's easier to balance Dante's Combos, Sword, and Devil Trigger.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I find it ironic that despite the wave being Capcom themed, none of the costumes is Dante.
No Ace Attorney either.
It's a promotional wave given GnG just released and MH is due at the end of the month which is kinda weird tbh but I guess they really wanted to promote these games in a timely manner. Having them down the line probably wouldn't have worked as well, especially Arthur.

Edit: Ignore the troll btw

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Journeyman
Dante mii costume wave will be Kamiya created characters -> Leon S Kennedy (Resident Evil), Rodin (Bayonetta), Wonder Red (Wonderful 101) and Viewtiful Joe.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Nintendo paid for exclusivity for Monster Hunter Rise and the Ghost and Goblins games. These Mii Fighter costumes were going to happen now regardless of who the pack was. Remember, COVID interfered with their release schedule.

Last edited:

MarcSio277

Smash Ace
No Ace Attorney either.
It's a promotional wave given GnG just released and MH is due at the end of the month which is kinda weird tbh but I guess they really wanted to promote these games in a timely manner. Having them down the line probably wouldn't have worked as well, especially Arthur.

Edit: Ignore the troll btw
But I do wonder why was it released alongside Pyra/Mythra when Xenoblade of course is not owned by Capcom. Besides the promotional thing that is.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I'm gonna be honest, I'm like, not very certain about Dante's chances. But I do think he's much more possible with Monster Hunter off the table. He's still the most likely Capcom rep in my eyes, aside from Chun-Li which (no offense) would be very boring for me at least from a moveset perspective.

Megadoomer

Switch FC
SW 0351 1523 9047
But I do wonder why was it released alongside Pyra/Mythra when Xenoblade of course is not owned by Capcom. Besides the promotional thing that is.
The timing of Pyra/Mythra's release, I suppose. If we get a Capcom character reveal in June or September, it would be unusual to use the Mii costumes in those months to promote games that came out in the previous March.

Last edited:

jadetheseer

Smash Cadet
It makes me sad to see this support thread so dead nowadays. I’ll admit I don’t think Dante is all that likely anymore, but I’m still holding out hope for his inclusion! I know I already posted a moveset for him, but I’ve been thinking about it more and came up with a way to implement his Style Changes into his moveset without it feeling too unwieldy. His down special would let him change between the styles and each would give him a new neutral special as well as some kind of additional perk

Trickster: Neutral special is the Trickster Dash, better rolls and dodges as well as a speed increase with the downside of doing less damage.

Swordmaster: Neutral Special is Sword Piece, his sword-based moves come out quicker and if you hold A while not doing any actions it’ll activate a Drive mechanic where any ground-based sword move will have a shockwave come out of it.

Gunslinger: Neutral Special is Ebony & Ivory and he gets Bayo’s bullet mechanic where holding A during his attacks will have him shoot off a few rounds with E&I afterwards.

Royal Guard: Neutral Special is Block & Release, takes less damage and knockback overall but has lower speed, his shield is a little stronger and parrying will add to his Release Meter.

Momentary

Smash Cadet
DMC on Nintendo has been so silent strangely. No word on the 360/PS3 era games being ported for over a year whereas RE got it's ports not too long after the older gen titles. Dante not getting anything at all in Smash is simultaneously dissapointing and weird. Devil May Cry is a game Sakurai has acknowledged as a game that makes you feel like the character and he's good friends with both Kamiya AND Itsuno but yet here we are with nothing, Not even a mii costume at the very least. Matt is strangely silent about DMC and Smash despite openly being a huge Nintendo fan and playing smash a lot (We're friends on switch lol) it's not like even like he's one of those devs that doesn't interact with people because he does openly talk and communicate with fans but when smash is mentioned.....nothing. Maybe I'm in denial...Ok I am in denial but I'm not losing hope just yet. I started Ultimate with my support with Dante and I'm gonna end ultimate with support for Dante.

NotGenerico

Smash Cadet
DMC on Nintendo has been so silent strangely. No word on the 360/PS3 era games being ported for over a year whereas RE got it's ports not too long after the older gen titles. Dante not getting anything at all in Smash is simultaneously dissapointing and weird. Devil May Cry is a game Sakurai has acknowledged as a game that makes you feel like the character and he's good friends with both Kamiya AND Itsuno but yet here we are with nothing, Not even a mii costume at the very least. Matt is strangely silent about DMC and Smash despite openly being a huge Nintendo fan and playing smash a lot (We're friends on switch lol) it's not like even like he's one of those devs that doesn't interact with people because he does openly talk and communicate with fans but when smash is mentioned.....nothing. Maybe I'm in denial...Ok I am in denial but I'm not losing hope just yet. I started Ultimate with my support with Dante and I'm gonna end ultimate with support for Dante.
DMC4SE is getting ported to the Switch according to this Resetera post from the time of the Capcom Gigaleak. If this is true, it is a bit strange how it hasn't been announced yet.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
DMC4SE is getting ported to the Switch according to this Resetera post from the time of the Capcom Gigaleak. If this is true, it is a bit strange how it hasn't been announced yet.
Maybe Capcom just wanted to have one big new game for the Switch at the time, and considering that Monster Hunter Rise came out very recently, it's very possible we see either DMC4SE or a new AA (or both for a direct that would be here instead of an E3 direct) very soon.

NotGenerico

Smash Cadet
Zippo, a person who's got an awful track record, isn't banned so that's not really true these days
Oh yeah, I forgot about Zippo. I thought he got banned, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Taking that into consideration, there's no way to know if the guy saying that DMC4SE is getting a Switch Port is legit or not. I guess we'll have to wait and see if it happens.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Devil May Cry is a game Sakurai has acknowledged as a game that makes you feel like the character and he's good friends with both Kamiya AND Itsuno but yet here we are with nothing
I um, I'm not sure where you're getting any of that info about Sakurai from. I've never seen him once interact with Hideaki Itsuno or even mention Devil May Cry, and believe me I've looked. If you can provide me a source on that I'd love to see it.

Momentary

Smash Cadet
I um, I'm not sure where you're getting any of that info about Sakurai from. I've never seen him once interact with Hideaki Itsuno or even mention Devil May Cry, and believe me I've looked. If you can provide me a source on that I'd love to see it.
Well I guess you only have my word to go off sadly because the FM discord server is where I got it from. I do know the fact Itsuno and Sakurai are friends at the very least because there are images of them hanging out floating around somewhere.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Well I guess you only have my word to go off sadly because the FM discord server is where I got it from. I do know the fact Itsuno and Sakurai are friends at the very least because there are images of them hanging out floating around somewhere.
Maybe you're getting Itsuno confused with Kamiya, the original creator of DMC? Because there are a few pictures of them hanging out.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
It makes me sad to see this support thread so dead nowadays. I’ll admit I don’t think Dante is all that likely anymore, but I’m still holding out hope for his inclusion! I know I already posted a moveset for him, but I’ve been thinking about it more and came up with a way to implement his Style Changes into his moveset without it feeling too unwieldy. His down special would let him change between the styles and each would give him a new neutral special as well as some kind of additional perk

Trickster: Neutral special is the Trickster Dash, better rolls and dodges as well as a speed increase with the downside of doing less damage.

Swordmaster: Neutral Special is Sword Piece, his sword-based moves come out quicker and if you hold A while not doing any actions it’ll activate a Drive mechanic where any ground-based sword move will have a shockwave come out of it.

Gunslinger: Neutral Special is Ebony & Ivory and he gets Bayo’s bullet mechanic where holding A during his attacks will have him shoot off a few rounds with E&I afterwards.

Royal Guard: Neutral Special is Block & Release, takes less damage and knockback overall but has lower speed, his shield is a little stronger and parrying will add to his Release Meter.
You should check out the moveset I made for Dante a long while back. It's probably the most technical anyone's come up with, and in the realm of possibility, but not likely because he would be too much of a learning curve for new players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom