• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I want to get started with the DMC series, which entry should be my first ?

Btw i support funny pizza man, i may not know a lot about his franchise but i can recognize a cool guy when i see one.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Btw i support funny pizza man, i may not know a lot about his franchise but i can recognize a cool guy when i see one.
Well, it depends on you.
Devil May Cry 5 is the most newcomer friendly, but I don't know if you have a PS4/Xbox/PC to play it. If you care about story and character development I wouldn't suggest starting with 5. Personally I'd say play the games in order, so:
1. DMC1
2. DMC3
3. DMC4
4. DMC5

DMC2... I wouldn't suggest to play it if you're starting with the series. Some people might say it's better to start with 3, because it's a prequel of DMC1, but I think going from 1 to 3 has a good amount of things. One of these would be the gameplay. DMC1 is the first one in the series and if you start with 3, 4 or 5 and then jump into the first one, is possible that you'd find DMC1's combat a bit lackluster in comparison.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Lets get Dante in first before worrying about any other potential secondary DMC reps, that said, I don't see neither Vergil or Nero making much sense as a Dante echo or Brawl-esque clone.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Hmmmm

Would anyone else be down for Dante & Vergil as Ryu/Ken esque echoes, with movesets based on DMC4 -- their most similar incarnations?
Vergil would not work as an echo. Trish on the other hand, absolutely.
DMC1 still holds up to this day even if it has certain sections that are not so good. It's absolutely still a great game worth playing and the best entry point imo.
Switch port is the best modern port and if you buy DMC3 Switch you can get DMC1 for half off. If you can get them on other platforms it'll be much cheaper tho, up to you.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
How to Dante fans feel about my slightly crazy Fighter Pass prediction?

View attachment 269187
That's a pretty cool one for me. Crash and Dante are some of my most wanteds. I've played most of the Kingdom Hearts franchise so Sora would be nice despite not supporting him actively. Didn't played Half-Life and Ninja Gaiden, but these two would be worthy additions.
Not really interested in playing Half-Life for now, but I'd like to try the action games of Ninja Gaiden, the problem is that I don't have an Xbox to play these games lol

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm really hoping the next DMC game is a full-on remake of DMC 1 and/or 3 in the vein of the RE remakes.
That would be cool, but I think it isn't the best time for that. If the franchise received new games every 2-3 years then yeah, but for now that's not the case, so honestly I'd rather have DMC6

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Itsuno is against making remakes of his own games too, he'd much rather make new games. I dunno his stance on remaking Devil May Cry 1 but I doubt he'd be comfortable doing it without Kamiya also on board.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
On one hand I feel Capcoms remakes (more like reimaginings in recent years) are certainly more interesting than the usual "lets just give this shiny HD graphics and call it a day" takes I see in games like the Crash or Spyro trilogies, but eh, I'd rather see the series move onwards, I'm starting to get tired of remakes despite that a good chunk of them are still very solid.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
How to Dante fans feel about my slightly crazy Fighter Pass prediction?
Replace Gordon Freeman with either Doomslayer or Master Chief and that would be my ideal FP2. My ultimate smash game would be almost perfect if those 6 get in and would't ask anything else to Sakurai (well, I would love Scorpion also because of MK vs Street Fighter).

Just crossing my fingers to let it happen.

D

Deleted member

You know I never knew I would want Dante in Smash, though I just want Classic Dante in Smash as a middle finger to Playstation All-Stars with Donte. Plus I get that we already have 3 Capcom reps (:ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken:) but hey it's never enough.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
You know I never knew I would want Dante in Smash, though I just want Classic Dante in Smash as a middle finger to Playstation All-Stars with Donte. Plus I get that we already have 3 Capcom reps (:ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken:) but hey it's never enough.
I don't think that's a problem. Eventually a third party will get 4 characters, and I would be really surprised if there's not a new Capcom rep in the second pass.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sorry Ken, but we can only have one laid back fighter dressed in red and voiced by Reuben Langdon.

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
I’m really hoping next month that they announce FP7 after the arms character and it ends up being someone hype like Dante cuz since Byleth’s reveal its just been boring and disappointing for me in regards to character choices

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
man I had a weird dream where Dante was announced and his logo was just him holding a gun, with detailed facial features and everything. I sure can't wait to hear about the next 3rd party addition, pizzaman or otherwise.

NordicOS

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys, just here to say I support the Demon Hunter as well. Devil May Cry is a BANGER series of games, and I think Dante would be loads of fun in Smash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait can Nero work as an Echo?
Not really - the two of them play very differently. It would be like trying to make King Dedede into a Kirby echo fighter - there are some similarities between the two (inhaling enemies, puffing up to float, having stubby legs), but more than enough differences that you couldn't make one a clone of the other.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Wait can Nero work as an Echo?
Not really.
Megadoomer already explained it. I mean, they could do it, but Nero doesn't fight like Dante at all. Different weapons, different playstyle, even different attitude while fighting. You could say Dante is more about precision and being stylish, while Nero is more savage when fights, he's more about brute power.

D

Deleted member

No, his fighting style is altogether unique, and plus he holds his sword in his left hand. Trish would be a perfect echo though, as she's basically had Dante's DMC1 moveset since DMC2.
Great, now who wants to see Trish Kirby?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I figure it's worth mentioning that the Switch eShop has a bunch of games on sale due to what would have been E3, and the DMC games are among them. The main reason why I'm mentioning this (since Capcom games go on sale quite regularly) is because I'm pretty sure this is the first time that Devil May Cry 3 has been on sale, so if anyone was on the fence about getting it, or knows someone who wants to get into the series, now seems like the time.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Also worth noting that if you buy Devil May Cry 3 on the eShop you get Devil May Cry 1 and 2 half off, at $10, which is less than the sale price.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I may pick DMC5 sometime after I finish the new Sakura Wars.
I have heard cool things about Sakura Wars.
About DMC5 I don't know if you have played previous entries, but if you haven't, DMC5 has a little cool summary of the story in the menu.

D

Deleted member

I have heard cool things about Sakura Wars.
About DMC5 I don't know if you have played previous entries, but if you haven't, DMC5 has a little cool summary of the story in the menu.
If that's the case It is seriously really handy and I'm glad Capcom added It.

I'm currently really limited on budget to buy games, so I can at most buy one game per 1 to 2 months as of now.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If that's the case It is seriously really handy and I'm glad Capcom added It.

I'm currently really limited on budget to buy games, so I can at most buy one game per 1 to 2 months as of now.
Yeah. I'd say DMC3 is as worth trying as DMC5, but 5 is the best option if we talk about the best game for newcomers.

DMC5 is now at 20€ in the Playstation Store, and the price is even lower if you have a good PC and you decide to buy a key for the game.
Keep in mind that DMC5 (or any hack n slash game) isn't super long. 8, 9 or 10 hours, maybe a bit more, if we talk about the first playthrough. Those games have high replayability and encourages the player to keep practicing and playing the game in higher difficulties to get better scores.

I'm saying this in case you only want to play the game once.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. I'd say DMC3 is as worth trying as DMC5, but 5 is the best option if we talk about the best game for newcomers.

DMC5 is now at 20€ in the Playstation Store, and the price is even lower if you have a good PC and you decide to buy a key for the game.
Keep in mind that DMC5 (or any hack n slash game) isn't super long. 8, 9 or 10 hours, maybe a bit more, if we talk about the first playthrough. Those games have high replayability and encourages the player to keep practicing and playing the game in higher difficulties to get better scores.

I'm saying this in case you only want to play the game once.
I like how the duration sounds to be. Seems good for someone with a busy schedule.

And yeah, I did hear from a video about videogame replayability that DMC encourages players to go for higher scores each playthrough which sounds quite cool.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I like how the duration sounds to be. Seems good for someone with a busy schedule.

And yeah, I did hear from a video about videogame replayability that DMC encourages players to go for higher scores each playthrough which sounds quite cool.
Cool. If you finally decide to pick DMC5 I hope you like it.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
ended up picking up DMC3 during the sale (alongside Okami and Valkyria Chronicles but that''s not too relevant to the topic). I feel the Switch is gonna end up as a glorified double dipping machine on my end lol.
Being able to freely switch between styles in chapter feels great, but I wish stuff like Air Hike wasn't locked behind weapons instead of being a general part of Dantes moveset.

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet
Hey what's up everyone. I've always found Dante to be an awesome character, but I've only recently started playing the DMC games because of Smash speculation and I gotta say, I'm loving my time so far. As far as I'm concerned, this man needs to be in the game and I'm convinced it will happen in Vol 2, add me to that support list.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Hey what's up everyone. I've always found Dante to be an awesome character, but I've only recently started playing the DMC games because of Smash speculation and I gotta say, I'm loving my time so far. As far as I'm concerned, this man needs to be in the game and I'm convinced it will happen in Vol 2, add me to that support list.
Cool to see people enjoying Devil May Cry for the first time!
Which one are you actually playing?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Right now, I'm almost done with the first game (I'm stuck on that last damn Nightmare boss), then I'm going to move onto DMC3 and then finish DMC5.
I'd suggest playing 4, if you can. 4 is really important, especially for Nero's arc. Also, the game's really good, despite of some problems.

Good luck with 1. That game has a few tricky bosses.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
New Dante render, a very cool one if you ask me.
The face looks a bit off to me but besides that this is a pretty good render, partially because it features the best Dante design and I won't admit discussions about it.

Top Bottom