• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KDJ Returns to Smash for Shine 2016

Photo Credits: Jonathan Tayag/@justatank via Flickr
Daniel "Korean DJ" Jung has long been apart of the Super Smash Bros. Melee scene, though in recent years he has waned from it due to persistent pain in his hands. He has been inactive for a better part of a year now, being last seen on the Apex 2015 stage. But as of August 3, it was a different story for KoreanDJ when he announced that he will be joining Shine 2016 on Twitter.

It is always a treat to see an old school player come back to scene, especially one we all hold dear after his appearance in the beloved Smash Documentary. But by no means does this mean KoreanDJ is out of retirement.

"My status is 'Cameo Appearance' than 'Out of Retirement." KoreanDJ states on Twitter. "Hope everybody manages their expectation on my performance, it's been a long time."

So if anything, this is more of a opportunity for him to reconnect with the Smash scene once again. But if his hand problems manifest again, KoreanDJ says that he will "withdraw from the event".

At any rate, it is a pleasure for such a relic in the Smash community to compete again after so many months.

Shine 2016 will be happening on August 26 - 28 at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston, Massachusetts. With contemporary heavy-hitters like Joseph "C9 | Mango" Marquez and old legends like KoreanDJ confirmed, the event's talent pool is growing by the day. Registrations on Smashgg are still open from now up until August 12.

For more coverage on Shine 2016, stay tuned on Smashboards.

Authors Note: For those of you who face him in pools, do not underestimate him. Rumors are he can body you whilst playing Gerudo Valley on his violin.

Last edited by a moderator:
William "Wncozens" Cozens

Comments

I think it's cool to see an old veteran player, but realistically, usually when players leave for a long time when they are good, it gives the meta time to catch up to them and pass them, because of this I don't predict he will do well but this is still pretty hype though

Last edited:
Top Bottom