• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Karate Joe Tunes In From Rhythm Heaven - This beat is nonstop!

Quillion

Smash Hero
I haven't played Rhythm Heaven in any capacity yet, but I still really want this guy in. I think he is the best fit for Smash Bros.

This is really awesome and well made.
I'm really happy that someone isn't following the leak bandwagon and supports the REAL lead character of Rhythm Heaven.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm completely honest, I don't like very much what I saw of the new Rhythm Heaven on 3DS, from the trailers and the previews... I don't know why, there is something that feels wrong, to me at least.
I loved the first 3 chapters of the series, especially the GBA one and the Wii one.

Anyway, Karate Joe is still my second most wanted character for Smash.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'm completely honest, I don't like very much what I saw of the new Rhythm Heaven on 3DS, from the trailers and the previews... I don't know why, there is something that feels wrong, to me at least.
I loved the first 3 chapters of the series, especially the GBA one and the Wii one.

Anyway, Karate Joe is still my second most wanted character for Smash.
Is it because they show so little of the new minigames? I think they really need to show more of them.

At least there's an awesome new Samurai Slice minigame that's confirmed. That's been a consistent favorite of mine throughout the series.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
So, Rhythm Heaven: The Best Plus, (I'll call it like that for now) seems to get released in America, too!
https://twitter.com/apadamson/status/596541282673041408

Let's hope it also comes to europe!... If not, I'd more than sad! Haha!... ha... :C

Also, I recently played Rhythm Heaven (DS) and, boy, this game is HARD! The touchscreen control is very fishy, in my opinion.
I felt like Rhythm Heaven Fever is way more forgiving...
Considering the fact, that I have a really bad rhythm, I bet it was for me harder than for others.
But I love to play it anyways! :chuckle:

At least, I managed to master Karate Joe's game! :)

nanogotchi

Smash Rookie
Yo! New guy here, and huge karate joe supporter as well!

Anyway.. Possible news! The guys at the ChorusKids topic said we might be getting a Rhythm Heaven Direct! Anyone here also heard of that? I I want it to be verified since I hope it's real TwT

Quillion

Smash Hero
Yo! New guy here, and huge karate joe supporter as well!

Anyway.. Possible news! The guys at the ChorusKids topic said we might be getting a Rhythm Heaven Direct! Anyone here also heard of that? I I want it to be verified since I hope it's real TwT
I'm happy to see that people won't give up!

Whatever that Direct might be, it'll probably have Karate Joe front-and-center. I'm kinda surprised how much he's front-and-center for The Best+ promotion.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Anyone want to see a new Karate Man game?

It's... kinda boring, though. At least the Silver version will come back; hopefully Struck by the Rain (Gold) and Lonely Storm (Fever) will too.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Anyone want to see a new Karate Man game?

It's... kinda boring, though. At least the Silver version will come back; hopefully Struck by the Rain (Gold) and Lonely Storm (Fever) will too.
Struck by the Rain and Lonely Storm 2 are back, but as bonus games.
BUT, we did get this. (SPOILER)

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Finally! A new and (for a while) last Karate Joe! This one is from Rhythm Heaven Fever Remix 9!

I'm actually surprised it took me so long to just start this one! But he looks great!

By the way, I definitely will do some Karate Joes from the new 3DS game (If there are variations of him), but I don't want to get spoiled because I'd like to experience it all on my own.
So don't expect any new Karate Joes from me before the game releases in Europe! (This will probably be at the end of 2016... :urg:)

Together now!

(I also updated the one from Fever Remix 7 a little.)

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
In other news, two RH songs made it into Smash on the Miiverse stage: Blue Birds and Monkey Watch.

Interestingly, both songs were not composed by Tsunku, meaning that there are legal hoops that Sakurai doesn't want to jump through (he'd be up against the monstrous music industry).

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Finally! A new and (for a while) last Karate Joe! This one is from Rhythm Heaven Fever Remix 9!

I'm actually surprised it took me so long to just start this one! But he looks great!

By the way, I definitely will do some Karate Joes from the new 3DS game (If there are variations of him), but I don't want to get spoiled because I'd like to experience it all on my own.
So don't expect any new Karate Joes from me before the game releases in Europe! (This will probably be at the end of 2016... :urg:)

Together now!

(I also updated the one from Fever Remix 7 a little.)
Finally a supporter of Karate Joe's cat XD

Quillion

Smash Hero
I don't get it.

Why is there so much support on every Karate Man vid on YouTube yet there's next to none here?

True Rhythm Heaven fans must be hard to come by.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

JoeKarta

Smash Rookie
I definitely want my bae Karate Joe in Smash! Put me on that support list!
Edit: Does anyone else think Karate Joe's nose looks more like a mouth? I can't be the only one...

Last edited:
Top Bottom