• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kapedani's PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.1 (feat. 700 Stages, Retro Mode, cBliss & more!) [22/01/2016]

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Bro i just want to lt you know that your build is amazing and complete! i was wondering with the new pm + brawlex thingy , and i wanted to ask you if that coul d be used on your build to add clones ? (like waluigi , ridley etc) would it work ? thanks man !
You can't. The Codeset will conflict with this bulid's codeset
Well, you could just export the PM+BEX code to txt with GCTEdit, do the same with your Codeset, do a diffcheck and replace and add the values from the BEX one to your codeset. Don't forget to add the whole BEX file structure. Or you could add your custom code to the BEX codeset, beware of CBliss tho because that would't work.
What I probably will end up doing is I will use the BrawlEx + PM template, which includes the codeset and file structure. Then, I'll import the stage expansion + SSS code as well as the specific ASL code for the button combinations in my build. Then drag the files in the correct places. I won't be needing cBliss anymore since BrawlEx can add costumes slots. I'm hoping that I can get 14 costumes per character working plus Waluigi and Ridley!

TL;DR Roy and Mewtwo announcer works for me, movesets are changed, skins are probably the cause of loading freezes (for me at least)
Ahh based on the issues you've mentioned, it seems like something went wrong with building the iso, as all the fighter files would be stored in the iso, and it appears that the fighter files that is it is using is vBrawl which explains the costume and moveset problems. I'd say try rebuilding the ISO again with Peppy Fiddle and see if it works.

Has anyone tried Mewtwo2000's GCT Fusionizer?
Yep, I used to use it before BrawlBox could edit .gct files directly. It was pretty handy as it let you add codes easily, but I don't see much use for it anymore now with BrawlBox.

No problem! and its all good, i didn't know the song played in the replay menu myself aha!

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
What I probably will end up doing is I will use the BrawlEx + PM template, which includes the codeset and file structure. Then, I'll import the stage expansion + SSS code as well as the specific ASL code for the button combinations in my build. Then drag the files in the correct places. I won't be needing cBliss anymore since BrawlEx can add costumes slots. I'm hoping that I can get 14 costumes per character working plus Waluigi and Ridley!

Ahh based on the issues you've mentioned, it seems like something went wrong with building the iso, as all the fighter files would be stored in the iso, and it appears that the fighter files that is it is using is vBrawl which explains the costume and moveset problems. I'd say try rebuilding the ISO again with Peppy Fiddle and see if it works.

Yep, I used to use it before BrawlBox could edit .gct files directly. It was pretty handy as it let you add codes easily, but I don't see much use for it anymore now with BrawlBox.

No problem! and its all good, i didn't know the song played in the replay menu myself aha!
So, Ver 2.2 will include BeX?

R3TR0

Smash Rookie
I checked your Visual Instructions for Peppy Fiddle, it seems like something goes wrong when I drag my Brawl ISO into the bat. I checked the checksum so it definitely is an official Brawl ISO. I also don't get asked to press B or S, after adding 01 to the game ID end it goes directly to this:
Any ideas what could cause this?

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I checked your Visual Instructions for Peppy Fiddle, it seems like something goes wrong when I drag my Brawl ISO into the bat. I checked the checksum so it definitely is an official Brawl ISO. I also don't get asked to press B or S, after adding 01 to the game ID end it goes directly to this:
Any ideas what could cause this?
After translating it, it seems like the program is searching for a "timeout" command. Try deleting your Peppy Fiddel folder then extract it again, the program appears to be searching for something that it is missing.

R3TR0

Smash Rookie
After translating it, it seems like the program is searching for a "timeout" command. Try deleting your Peppy Fiddel folder then extract it again, the program appears to be searching for something that it is missing.
I tried, but the issue still persists. Is there another method to do the same Peppy Fiddle does?

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I tried, but the issue still persists. Is there another method to do the same Peppy Fiddle does?
There is, but its a bit more work if your up to it. Here is the instructions for the old method, in step 8, after you convert the iso to fst format, replace the sound and fighter folder in the RSBE01/DATA/files/ folder with the sound and fighter folders from the pf folder in the Dolphin Full zip file. Then follow the instructions to recompile the fst back into an iso.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Kapedani Kapedani Will more PSAs will be added in the future, revamping Brawl-based movesets to be viable for PM?

R3TR0

Smash Rookie
There is, but its a bit more work if your up to it. Here is the instructions for the old method, in step 8, after you convert the iso to fst format, replace the sound and fighter folder in the RSBE01/DATA/files/ folder with the sound and fighter folders from the pf folder in the Dolphin Full zip file. Then follow the instructions to recompile the fst back into an iso.
I tried the QtWitGui, but I can't proceed with Step 5. After selecting wit and wwt, I get this error:
I did Install the WIT by running windows-install and rebooting afterwards.
I searched on the Internet about this issue; I do have WMIC on my PC but I don't know what the problem could be.

EDIT: I've got it to work now, huge thanks to you Kapedani for your help! I played around a bit and (for people who encounter the "failed to start the wmic" error) copied the WMIC file located at C:\Windows\System32\wbem to the QtWitGui folder. I had to install some C++ Runtime to use the QtWitGui properly, but everything worked according to the instructions! I only played one game but Cadet ZSS worked perfectly so everything should work now.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Kapedani Kapedani Will more PSAs will be added in the future, revamping Brawl-based movesets to be viable for PM?
If Pyotr finishes the code to hold 'R' for alternate characters, I may include that, as including the same character but with different movesets on the CSS would get too cluttered

Does anyone know how to reformat a virtual SD card? I seem to have to do as such for this to work
Not sure if that is something you can do, but what you can try is making a brand new virtual SD card, then insert everything from the Homebrew build into the SD Card except the fighter, info, item, menu and sound folders in the pf folder.

EDIT: I've got it to work now, huge thanks to you Kapedani for your help! I played around a bit and (for people who encounter the "failed to start the wmic" error) copied the WMIC file located at C:\Windows\System32\wbem to the QtWitGui folder. I had to install some C++ Runtime to use the QtWitGui properly, but everything worked according to the instructions! I only played one game but Cadet ZSS worked perfectly so everything should work now.
Glad to hear that you got it to work! :D

Why is it not working on the wii?
What error are you experiencing? Like what is not working exactly, I'll try to figure out the issue

Last edited:

BlackSwagtsu

Smash Rookie
If Pyotr finishes the code to hold 'R' for alternate characters, I may include that, as including the same character but with different movesets on the CSS would get too cluttered

Not sure if that is something you can do, but what you can try is making a brand new virtual SD card, then insert everything from the Homebrew build into the SD Card except the fighter, info, item, menu and sound folders in the pf folder.

Glad to hear that you got it to work! :D

What error are you experiencing? Like what is not working exactly, I'll try to figure out the issue

It's loads up fine then once the press start screen comes up and i press it, it goes straight into normal brawl(vanilla brawl) when it's suppose to load up your mods. I don't know why, is it because im using a 8gb sd card?

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
I am at my wits end with this SD card, I made 4GB one and put everything on there, but guess what? NOTHING! still missing announcer calls which is a sign of crashing past stage select, so what do I do? put everything on the wbfs; do I even need to say what happened? I going to try one last time going through the instruction VERY thoroughly, see if it works.
EDIT: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I think i am just going to wait until 2.2, but I fear that I just can't get this working, d*mn SD card

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
It's loads up fine then once the press start screen comes up and i press it, it goes straight into normal brawl(vanilla brawl) when it's suppose to load up your mods. I don't know why, is it because im using a 8gb sd card?
Hmm, I see, is your SD Card named ProjectM by any chance?

I am at my wits end with this SD card, I made 4GB one and put everything on there, but guess what? NOTHING! still missing announcer calls which is a sign of crashing past stage select, so what do I do? put everything on the wbfs; do I even need to say what happened? I going to try one last time going through the instruction VERY thoroughly, see if it works.
EDIT: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I think i am just going to wait until 2.2, but I fear that I just can't get this working, d*mn SD card
If you make a 4GB SD Card it won't work because Dolphin can't read 4GB SD Cards. But I am very sorry that you can't get this to work because you are trying everything. :( One last thing I would try is try making a fresh 2GB SD Card instead of the one provided, and insert everything into the SD Card except the fighter, info, item, menu and sound folders in the pf folder.

R3TR0

Smash Rookie
Did virtual SD cards with more than 2 GB work previously on Dolphin? I tend to stick to 2 GB virtual SD cards because Dolphin only supports those officially (I know there are some workarounds, but they never worked for me). I might do a video showing the old method I used if you want to try that (it's a bit more complicated though).

BlackSwagtsu

Smash Rookie
Hmm, I see, is your SD Card named ProjectM by any chance?

If you make a 4GB SD Card it won't work because Dolphin can't read 4GB SD Cards. But I am very sorry that you can't get this to work because you are trying everything. :( One last thing I would try is try making a fresh 2GB SD Card instead of the one provided, and insert everything into the SD Card except the fighter, info, item, menu and sound folders in the pf folder.
No, it still has the default name (Removeable Disk :G)

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
No, it still has the default name (Removeable Disk :G)
Ahh kk, so when it loads, do you get the custom strap screen or does it load vBrawl's strap screen?

Did virtual SD cards with more than 2 GB work previously on Dolphin? I tend to stick to 2 GB virtual SD cards because Dolphin only supports those officially (I know there are some workarounds, but they never worked for me). I might do a video showing the old method I used if you want to try that (it's a bit more complicated though).
Yea, virtual SD Cards more than 2GB don't work with Dolphin which is why the method of storing things in the ISO is necessary. But, I think the problem that WEK-Sector Pirate is experiencing is a bit different from the problem you had. You had trouble with Peppy Fiddle and building the ISO but based on the errors WEK-Sector Pirate has, the issue seems like it is a problem with Dolphin not reading the provided virtual SD Card correctly for some strange reason.

R3TR0

Smash Rookie
Yea, virtual SD Cards more than 2GB don't work with Dolphin which is why the method of storing things in the ISO is necessary. But, I think the problem that WEK-Sector Pirate is experiencing is a bit different from the problem you had. You had trouble with Peppy Fiddle and building the ISO but based on the errors WEK-Sector Pirate has, the issue seems like it is a problem with Dolphin not reading the provided virtual SD Card correctly for some strange reason.
I see, I would've suggested to maybe uninstall Dolphin and delete the Dolphin files under Documents to start anew with a clean Dolphin, but it's really odd that other SD cards work normally so this is probably out of question.

Last edited:

BlackSwagtsu

Smash Rookie
Ahh kk, so when it loads, do you get the custom strap screen or does it load vBrawl's strap screen?

i get the custom strap screen

zombiejerky

Smash Rookie
Can someone confirm a sd card I can use with a homebrewed wii to run this, I got a copy of brawl but I want the bigger build

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Can someone confirm a sd card I can use with a homebrewed wii to run this, I got a copy of brawl but I want the bigger build
Some SDHC cards that are compatible with the Homebrew Channel are listed here. I use SanDisk myself. Most SDHC Cards that are 4GB to 32GB should work. I'd recommend getting an 8GB SDHC card just because future updates may be greater than 4GB.

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Yep, just tried that and nothing, I reinstalled Dolphin, (4.2) and still nothing, I think i'm going to wait until 2.2, though I definitely want to fix this so I won't have this issue in the future

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Yep, just tried that and nothing, I reinstalled Dolphin, (4.2) and still nothing, I think i'm going to wait until 2.2, though I definitely want to fix this so I won't have this issue in the future
Ahh, I'm so sorry that you can't get it to work, you tried everything it seems :(
I am coming up with the Hackless Build soon, so maybe that will work for you on Dolphin

I'm not sure why I can't ever load this build properly. It always freezes when I try to go to the CSS.
Hmm, does everything else load properly before like the strap screen and menus or do you get vBrawl menus?

Btw, I think I have seen a couple of sets of your DK before, your DK is pree hype

Love you kapadani, your the only one who got me a birthday present with this release.
Aw, I am glad that I was able to do that for you! I wish you a Happy Birthday! :)

DialgoPrima

Smash Rookie
NNID
DialgoPrima
Quick question, how were you able to fit all of this data into your sc_selmap.pac? I have the 34 stage expansion and can barely get all the stage icons in, let alone the actual portraits, game names, stage names and series icons.

(ALSO THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR INCLUDING MISSION 1 (SUPER SONIC RACING))

Last edited:

AsherGray

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble actually loading the alternate stages. I found that sometimes when I hold A I can press some buttons. But on most stages it does not work to hold the button combo prior to pressing A. I'm not sure what to do and it's frustrating when I try holding A and it doesn't allow me to input a button combination. Am I doing it wrong? I'm doing this on Wii.

DialgoPrima

Smash Rookie
NNID
DialgoPrima
I'm having trouble actually loading the alternate stages. I found that sometimes when I hold A I can press some buttons. But on most stages it does not work to hold the button combo prior to pressing A. I'm not sure what to do and it's frustrating when I try holding A and it doesn't allow me to input a button combination. Am I doing it wrong? I'm doing this on Wii.
Try using start in those situations.

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
Quick question, how were you able to fit all of this data into your sc_selmap.pac? I have the 34 stage expansion and can barely get all the stage icons in, let alone the actual portraits, game names, stage names and series icons.

(ALSO THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR INCLUDING MISSION 1 (SUPER SONIC RACING))
You will have to srink the Prebases
Make them smaller so instead of pm basic 150 or 175 make them 100 or 125 lower if you still need space

ThundeRzReigN

Smash Cadet
Hmm, does everything else load properly before like the strap screen and menus or do you get vBrawl menus?

Btw, I think I have seen a couple of sets of your DK before, your DK is pree hype
Thanks dude~ Yeah everything else loads properly. I've tried reformatting my SD and I get the same results.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Thanks dude~ Yeah everything else loads properly. I've tried reformatting my SD and I get the same results.
Hmm thats very odd, reformatting should fix everything, I can't think of what else could cause this, it could be an issue with the SD Card itself.

Thanks, that helped a lot!
Also try reducing the resolution of the game icons and series icons so you have more space for the preview pic and stage icons.

EDIT: For those who are using the Dolphin Full Build for netplay, here's the code file that disables challenger approaching and turns off items on default. Just replace it with the .gct file in the virtual SD Card using WinImage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom