• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kapedani's PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.1 (feat. 700 Stages, Retro Mode, cBliss & more!) [22/01/2016]

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Update: Kapedani's Project M 3.6 Build Ver. 2.1 Homebrew Released!
Dolphin Full released!

After a long time in the making, I present to you my build for Project M 3.6 full. This build strives to bring out the best mods available for an enjoyable competitive and casual experience

There are two packs, a homebrew version which requires the Homebrew channel and a SD Card of 4GB or more and a hackless version which only requires a 2GB SD Card.

Features

Homebrew
-
Project M 3.6 Full
- 700+ Stages using stage expansion and ASL
- Alt stage previews in SSS
- Hype custom music
- cBliss - Every character has 10-11 costumes that are tourney legal
- Smash 3/3C Textures, DarkStar's ZSS Next Mission Pack and various character fitting costumes
- Smash 3 HUD with Stock Icons
- Retro mode replaces clear mode (N64/Melee character skins)
- A combination of Luddoj's, Codex's, SJS's, Nanobud's and Smash 3's CSPs
- Edited Classic Mode and All-Star mode to feature added stages, edited event 40 to three stocks each (to match event 51 in Melee)
- Modern voices for Bowser, Diddy, DK
- Stage Builder stages are enabled

Hackless
- Project M 3.6 Full
- 150 + Stages using the stage expansion code and ASL code
- cBliss - Every character has 10-11 costumes, most are tourney legal with hitboxes intact
- Smash 3/3C Textures, DarkStar's ZSS Next Mission Pack and various character fitting costumes
- Smash 3 HUD with Stock Icons
- A combination of Luddoj's, Codex's. SJS's, and Smash 3's CSPs
- Edited Classic Mode and All-Star mode to feature added stages, edited event 40 to three stocks each (to match event 51 in Melee)
- Custom music (less than Homebrew edition, most music in casual default stage slots were removed while PM legal stages retained most of its music)

Dolphin Lite
- Same as Hackless edition

Dolphin Full
-
Same as Homebrew edition but requires a bit more work to install

Music
- Custom Music for vanilla Project M

Kapedani X Patt Edition
-
All the features of Homebrew/Hackless but with PMPE's Characters and Character Selection Screen from V.3.01-11

Kapedani X PM ALL STARS
-
A collaboration which features my build and the best iterations of Project M characters. Coming Soon

The bottom two rows of stages in the first page went pretty much untouched as those are tourney legal stages. This pack is designed for both competitive and casual play. I organized the SSS screen to have competitive stages in the first page and the second page to feature more casual stages. Pokemon Stadium 2 is moved to its original spot for more songs. Bowser's Castle is moved to Fountain of Dreams' slot (Mario Bros.) while Fountain of Dreams is moved to a Stage Expansion Slot.

Updates

Ver 2.1 - 22/01/2016
  • Fixed loads of bugs, mostly related to the random results screens and certain freezes on stages
  • Included new stages such as Palutena's Temple (Wii U) by DSX8 and Edwguard Flows, Omega Gaur Plains and more! (check the stagelist for the complete list)
  • New costumes! Cadet ZSS and Blue Yarn Kirby by Theytah! Corrupt Phazon Samus for red team colour, Nebula Samus for green team colour. New CSPs for Samus and Mewtwo by Nanobuds! Check the Costume Gallery!
  • New title screen by DSX8
  • New and updated music, and more accurate My Music page. Music List
  • New voices for Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong (use modern voices)

Ver. 2.0 - 06/01/2016
- Over 700 stages
- New Costumes and new and more organized CSPs. Costume gallery. All costumes should now be tourney legal
- Stylized fonts for the CSS (thanks to PMXP and TheGag96).
- Retro mode replaces clear mode. Pic 1. Pic 2. Pic 3.
  • Characters who have N64 costumes on Brawl Vault will use their N64 costumes for this mode, characters without N64 costumes use their Melee Remastered skin (thanks to AlGeorgeRomo)
  • Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Sonic and Wario have multiple costumes slots for this mode!
- 20 different results screens!
- New Strap Screen
- Reskins for Stage Builder stages
- Music added, list of songs
- An organized My Music
- Various other polishing

Stages
SSS Screen
Screenshot of SSS Screen

Page 1

Page 2

Homebrew Stagelist
Album of Preview Pics

ASL Implementation
Hold Y to load the omega Variant of that stage (hold Y on random to play omega)
Hold Z + A to load a competitive stage (hold Z + A on random to only play competitive stages) eg. Temple
Hold L + Z + A to load a tourney legal reskin (hold L + Z + A on random to only play tourney legal stages) eg. Temple loads Temple of Time skin of Wario Land
Hold L + A for an alt reskin of that stage (only for non-stage expansion stages) eg. Temple
Hold X on some stages for the Smash Land version of that stage

Hackless Stagelist
Classic controller users download this RSBE01.gct and put it in the codes folder. Stages that require Z to load will use ZL.

Costumes
Every character has 10 or 11 costumes (Wario has 12). Most costumes are tourney legal and shouldn't affect hitboxes, however some will such as Dixie and Wartortle, any costumes that are bigger or have edits to bones would affect hitboxes.

Thanks to SinisterSnakeSeenin for creating a cBliss template for PM 3.6!

Gallery of Costumes (Ver. 2.1)

Music
List of all songs replaced/added

Retro Mode
Retro mode replaces clear mode!
  • Characters who have N64 costumes on Brawl Vault will use their N64 costumes for this mode, characters without N64 costumes use their Melee Remastered skin (thanks to AlGeorgeRomo)
  • Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Sonic and Wario have multiple costumes slots for this mode!

Screenshots and Videos
CSS

Album

New Screenshots [Ver.1.3]

New Menu (Thanks to Theytah for the layout and Anti for the background)

Other

Ver. 2.0 Screenshots

Ver. 2.1 Screenshots

Thanks to slinkierzero for showcasing Ver. 2.1 and showing how to load alt stages!
Check out the Vidya Bros. showcasing Ver. 1.51 of this build!

Download
Homebrew (requires Homebrew Channel and 4GB or more SD Card) (Ver. 2.1)
Installation: This is a very large build so reformat your SD Card before installing! Unzip the file, then move the contents to the SD card. Doesn't require Vanilla Project M to be installed beforehand.
NOTE: The file size is 3.82 GB so if it does not fit your 4GB SD Card, try making space by deleting the STGEDIT stages from projectm/pf/stages/melee. This just deletes the extra skins for the stage builder stages.
Mirror

Hackless (Ver. 1.51)
Installation: Unzip the file, then move the contents to the SD card replacing any file it asks you to. I would reformat your SD Card before installing. Doesn't require Vanilla Project M to be installed beforehand.
If for some reason it does not fit your SD card
Remove Stages
Remove stages from projectm/pf/stages/melee, you can use Brawl Stage Manager to preview the stages in the melee folder. Note: If you do remove stages, to not press the button combination that would load the removed stage or it may crash. To fix this, use the ASL Tool to remove the button combination. Easiest way to do this is eg. If the stage is STGPALUTENA_E, uncheck the button combination for E in both stages and module for STGPALUTENA.

Dolphin Full [Ver. 2.1]
  1. Get a NTSC Brawl ISO.
  2. Download Peppy Fiddle by Rukario. This software allows you to make your own custom ISO
  3. Extract the contents of the rar file.
  4. Download this rar file (mirror) and extract the contents to the Peppy Fiddle folder created after extracting the Peppy Fiddle rar file.
  5. Open your Brawl ISO with PeppyFiddle.bat and follow the instructions. The end result will produce a WBFS file that is essentially vanilla Brawl that contains some of the files from this build (eg. Costumes and Music). Visual Instructions for Peppy Fiddle
  6. Download this virtual sd card (mirror) and place the virtual SD card in Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii.
  7. Open ‘Dolphin’. Go to File -> Browse for ISOs. Select the Folder the RSBE01 (Custom) wbfs file is in (made in Step 5). This will make the custom Brawl appear under the the Game Library. Right click on the custom Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Set As Default Iso.

The following steps are for if you never have used the Dolphin emulator to play PM, if you have played PM on Dolphin before, you are good to just open your boot.elf and launch the game:
  1. Go to config, then choose the "Wii" tab. Check "Insert SD Card"
  2. Download WAD file.
  3. Go to Tools, then install WAD. Then select the WAD file downloaded in previous step.
  4. Download boot.elf
  5. Click "Open" then select the boot.elf file from above.
  6. Click "Launch Game"
For those who are using the Dolphin Full Build for netplay, here's the code file that disables challenger approaching and turns off items on default. Just replace it with the .gct file in the virtual SD Card using WinImage.

Dolphin Lite [Ver. 1.51]
1. Download the digital SD card
2. Place the digital SD card in C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii
3. Open Dolphin emulator
4. Add Brawl ISO to Dolphin Emulator
5. Right click your Brawl ISO file and choose "Set as default ISO"
6. Go to Config, then choose the "Wii" tab. Check "Insert SD card"
7. Download
WAD file
8. Go to Tools, then Install WAD. Then select the WAD file downloaded in previous step.
9. Download
boot.elf
10. Click "Open" then select the boot.elf file from above.
11. Click "Launch Game"

Music
Unzip the file, then move the contents to projectm/pf/sound/srtm replacing any file it asks you to.

Kapedani X Patt Edition (Needs to be updated)
Download the Homebrew or Hackless of my build, extract the files in the SD Card. Download The Revived Patt Edition 3.6 and extract the contents in the SD Card merging any folder and replacing any file it asks you to. Then download the Homebrew .gct file or Hackless .gct file (depending on the version you have) and place it in the code folder.
NOTE: I haven't tested each character yet for this edition so let me know if you encounter bugs or freezes!
Freezes:
Some of Lucas and Rob's costumes, will fix soon!

Kapedani X PM ALL STARS
Coming Soon! More information here!

Patches
These patches must be applied after downloading the hackless build as they provide bug fixes and updates that are not in the main download.

Hackless Patch

Extract the rar file to the root of the SD Card with the main build already there

Bugs
Be sure to comment if you encounter any bugs or freezes! If you encounter errors with the music reformat your SD Card
  • As a side effect of using Stage Expansion, My Music will freeze if you select a stage expansion stage which is represented by an X in My Music
  • The last three Giga Bowser costumes will freeze the game on console but strangely not for dolphin, not too sure on how to fix.

Future Plans
- Include 14 costumes per character

FAQ
I can't access the alternate stages
When loading an alternate stage, hold the button combination required to load the stage for a few seconds then tap start while continuing to hold the button combination. DO NOT hold any other buttons but the buttons required to load the stage or hold A when selecting a stage (TAP A or Start) as this will load the default stage.

Credits
None of the actual content was created by me, I just assembled everything together. I got most of the stuff from Brawl Vault, Smashboards and Brawl Custom Music. Credit goes to the PMDT, libertyernie for his stage expansion template and his Brawl Manager tools, Mewtwo2000 for the ASL Tool, SJS, Luddoj and MagicManNo9 for their portraits, the Smash 3/3C Team for character textures and Dreamtastic72 for assembling Smash 3 textures together for 3.6B, all the people who made the BRSTMs, and all the people who have contributed to all the stages. Thanks to SinisterSnakeSeenin for creating a cBliss template for PM 3.6. I will include Brawl Vault links for all the stages and costumes soon. Thanks to PMXP for the stage preview templates!
Full Credits [Ver. 1.3]

I don't have a capture device so if any of you want to take screenshots or make Youtube vidoes of this build, I'll link them here.

Hope you guys enjoy this pack! Let me know if you encounter any bugs!

Last edited:

Krigeris

Smash Rookie
Hell yea been waiting for someone to make use of the new alt system. In before 1000+ stage builds.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the mod, but I can't seem to get to the alt stages.
No problem, and hmm try maybe holding the button for like 2 seconds then select the stage. And make sure you don't press any other button but the buttons required to load the alt stage.

Skywalker

Space Jump
No problem, and hmm try maybe holding the button for like 2 seconds then select the stage. And make sure you don't press any other button but the buttons required to load the alt stage.
Still not working for me :(

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Interesting, what happens like does the regular stage just play or does it freeze? And do specific ones not work or do some work, like which alts are you trying to play?

Skywalker

Space Jump
Interesting, what happens like does the regular stage just play or does it freeze? And do specific ones not work or do some work, like which alts are you trying to play?
Any alt stage that wasn't included in 3.6 B (LIke the L-alts were). Thanks :)

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Any alt stage that wasn't included in 3.6 B (LIke the L-alts were). Thanks :)
I see, you're using a gamecube controller right?

Also can you try the the Jungle Japes alt as that uses L but wasn't in 3.6 B? Just trying to see if it's a button issue

Skywalker

Space Jump
I see, you're using a gamecube controller right?

Also can you try the the Jungle Japes alt as that uses L but wasn't in 3.6 B? Just trying to see if it's a button issue
Yeah, I'm using a gamecube controller. It didn't work for that one either. :/

Installed over vanilla 3.6b if that matters

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm using a gamecube controller. It didn't work for that one either. :/

Installed over vanilla 3.6b if that matters
Hmm well maybe try deleting everything PM related on your SD card, then install the pack by itself. Try reformatting your SD card too, then it should work hopefully

Xay

Smash Rookie
Works for me! Formatted my SD, put the files in and it was all good to go. Yes you have to hold the L or R or Z or whatever for a second or two before selecting, then you get the alt stages. Good work, good choices of stages and skins and all, clearly a lot of work was put into this pack. Thanks for sharing :D

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
This is absolutely fantastic. Once someone finishes the code to have alt stages in custom slots I can only imagine what will be possible.

Last edited:

Skywalker

Space Jump
Hmm well maybe try deleting everything PM related on your SD card, then install the pack by itself. Try reformatting your SD card too, then it should work hopefully
Thanks, but no dice.

Just realized it doesn't work for the 3.6b alt stages either. I'm using homebrew an 8gb sdhc and most recent Wii system software, if that helps. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, but no dice.

Just realized it doesn't work for the 3.6b alt stages either. I'm using homebrew an 8gb sdhc and most recent Wii system software, if that helps. Thanks :)
That's really odd, I'm not quite sure what would cause not being able to access alt stages. You were able to load alt stages in vanilla PM 3.6 right? Is there anything else on your SD card besides this pack?

Just wondering. Whats gonna be cut from the "Hackless" version? Im assuming most of the alt stages??
The only thing that's gonna be cut from the Hackless version are some of the music as music is what makes the file size so large and of course Stage Builder. All the stages will still be included. I should have the Hackless version ready by tomorrow.

That's really odd, I'm not quite sure what would cause not being able to access alt stages. You were able to load alt stages in vanilla PM 3.6 right? Is there anything else on your SD card besides this pack?

The only thing that's gonna be cut from the Hackless version are some of the music as music is what makes the file size so large and of course Stage Builder. All the stages will still be included. I should have the Hackless version ready by tomorrow.
I am glad you included a pack without cut music, because thats the one area I would not be willing to compromise. I'd rather have less stages than have stages with weird or ill-fitting music.

/music-nerd

Roxas215

Smash Lord

O nice!! Will be waiting for it!

Krigeris

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to get the homebrew version of builds to work on the dolphin emulator?

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Just finished updating, download is in the OP. I also added the Hackless edition. Hope you guys like it! :)

Ver. 1.1 - 23/07/2015
- Hackless edition added
- Fixed the SSS Screen so each stage icon has the PM 3.6 border around it, now it looks more professional and not messy, also font is more consistent
- Replaced some of SJS's CSPs with Luddoj's and Codex's
- Added stages
  • Replaced Brinstar with Ultimate Brinstar
  • Added Impact Crater PM to Brinstar
  • Added Onett M to Onett
  • Added Fourside M, New Pork City X, Lumine Hall and Smash City to Fourside
  • Added Smash Wii U Omega Coliseum to Skyworld
  • Added Smash Wii U Omega Delfino Plaza with Platforms to Delfino's Secret
  • Added Prime Cup to Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Added Milky Way Meadows Revisited to Rumble Falls
  • Added PictoHeaven (reskin of Brawl's Pictochat) to Pictochat
  • Added Phantom Train and Orphans Cradle (Dissidia Imports) to Luigi's Mansion (Homebrew Only)
  • Added Aensland Castle, Daigo Temple Cherry Blossom, Gasellschaft Day, and Galactor Base (TvC Imports) to Luigi's Mansion (Homebrew Only)
  • Added Gerudo Fortress to Bridge of Eldin
  • Added N's Castle to Spear Pillar
  • Added Mushroom Kingdom Tour to Mario Circuit
  • Added Paper Castle to Bowser's Castle
  • Added Red Ribbon Factory to Kongo Jungle 64
  • Added Emerald Cavern to Green Hill Zone
  • Added Swordplay Arena to Pictochat (Homebrew Only)
  • Added Cool Cool Mountain to Infinite Glacier
Is it possible to get the homebrew version of builds to work on the dolphin emulator?
It should be, I've never tried it but I would imagine it would involve making your own ISO
What I would try is follow a guide to making a Project M Netplay ISO, but instead of using vanilla 3.6B files, use the files from the Homebrew edition of this build

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome! I will definitely use this as a base. Also, I think it would be better if you had Arena Ferox and Coliseum over Castle Siege instead of Skyworld.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Glad you guys like it. Just updated the OP with a list of all songs replaced.

I figured out how to reduce file size for hackless which will allow more music. Basically it involves removing the Brawl Stage Files because it will load anyway. How the ASL code works is if a button combination is selected and the stage file is not there then it will load the default brawl stage. I will update with the reduced file size tonight or tomorrow. The PMDT updated collisions for some Brawl Stages making it more enjoyable for Stamina Mode so I'll leave those particular stages alone and cut the ones without updated collisions, but I'll have instructions of how to remove those stage files if you don't care about collisions for Stamina Mode and rather have more space for music.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Just updated the pack, main focus of this update was music, I included a bunch of songs from Harmony of Heroes as well as other sources. Here's the list of songs. For the Hackless Edition, I included instructions in the OP of how to reduce file size to include more music.

Ver. 1.2 - 28/07/2015

- Added hype music (check Music subheading for list of songs)
- Added Music only pack
- Implemented Official Toon Link patch
- Added stages
  • Added Halberd X and Inside Halberd to Halberd
  • Added Chibi Robo Living Room to Pictochat
  • Added How to Play to Dreamland
  • Added Midair Stadium to Pokemon Stadium 2 (Homebrew Only)
  • Added Brawl Online Training to Online Training
  • Added Yoshi's New Island to Yoshi's Island
  • Replaced Gameboy Super Mario Land stage with Pridemoor Keep (in Pictochat)
  • Updated Miiverse stage
This will probably be the last update until either I or someone else figures out how to get Cbliss working with 3.6, the full release of Project M 3.6 or there is some bug with this build. Right now I will be working on importing the Smash 3 Hud for 3.6B while retaining the stock icons.

This is awesome! I will definitely use this as a base. Also, I think it would be better if you had Arena Ferox and Coliseum over Castle Siege instead of Skyworld.
Yeah that would be a lot better, however ASL Castle Siege makes it so there's transformations.

This will probably be the last update until either I or someone else figures out how to get Cbliss working with 3.6, the full release of Project M 3.6 or there is some bug with this build.
I am compiling my 3.6b build that incorporates cBliss (Confirmed gotten it working) and hope to include your 200+ stages in it. Look out for it in the next week or so. I want to thank you for compiling this, you've managed to take the most laborous/tedious part of my build out of my hands by getting all these stages working.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I am compiling my 3.6b build that incorporates cBliss (Confirmed gotten it working) and hope to include your 200+ stages in it. Look out for it in the next week or so. I want to thank you for compiling this, you've managed to take the most laborous/tedious part of my build out of my hands by getting all these stages working.
That's awesome! I was hoping that someone figured it out. I'll definitely be looking forward to your build then and yeah no problem!

Vaerdas

Smash Rookie
That's so weird. I just can't get the alt stage select working on this either. I reformatted my SD card, put nothing but USBLoader_GX and this build on with fresh installs of both, and it just won't happen. I've had alt stages work in the past so I wonder what's up.

I don't suppose the other person who had troubles with this build was also on a PAL wii?

PolarNasu

Smash Cadet
So I really love this pack, there's just a couple stages I don't really like. How do I replace them with stages I use in my own build? Also changing music to fit my changed stages?

Thank you

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
So I really love this pack, there's just a couple stages I don't really like. How do I replace them with stages I use in my own build? Also changing music to fit my changed stages?

Thank you
Stages: First off, find the stage you want to replace in the files (Best opening them with BrawlBox to check which stage is which). Rename the stage you want to add in to the same name you want to replace of the stage you want to replace then move it into the folder and replace it. Then, place an .rel file for that stage in the module folder (if the stage you're adding doesn't normally go in that slot).

For music: Find the three digit codes of the songs you want to replace using this spreadsheet from the OP. Name some new brstm files to those codes and place them in the music folder. Use Song Manager to easily change song names.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Just updated the OP with instructions of how to play this build on Dolphin for those who are interested.

That's so weird. I just can't get the alt stage select working on this either. I reformatted my SD card, put nothing but USBLoader_GX and this build on with fresh installs of both, and it just won't happen. I've had alt stages work in the past so I wonder what's up.

I don't suppose the other person who had troubles with this build was also on a PAL wii?
That is strange, you made sure to hold the button combination for a couple of seconds before selecting the stage right? I'm not sure what could be causing this, are no alt stages working for you period?

PolarNasu

Smash Cadet
Stages: First off, find the stage you want to replace in the files (Best opening them with BrawlBox to check which stage is which). Rename the stage you want to add in to the same name you want to replace of the stage you want to replace then move it into the folder and replace it. Then, place an .rel file for that stage in the module folder (if the stage you're adding doesn't normally go in that slot).

For music: Find the three digit codes of the songs you want to replace using this spreadsheet from the OP. Name some new brstm files to those codes and place them in the music folder. Use Song Manager to easily change song names.
Thank you for the response.

ALSO: to the creator of the build, Metal Cavern errors the game. Thought I'd let you know.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Sick bro, this was a dream of mine, how do you have enough space for all of these stages, I was pushing it with 72 stages
Ahh well the actual stages don't take too much space, a song file is typically bigger than a stage file

Thank you for the response.

ALSO: to the creator of the build, Metal Cavern errors the game. Thought I'd let you know.
I actually caught this error a couple of days ago and silently updated it, try redownloading and it should be fixed.

Vaerdas

Smash Rookie
Just updated the OP with instructions of how to play this build on Dolphin for those who are interested.

That is strange, you made sure to hold the button combination for a couple of seconds before selecting the stage right? I'm not sure what could be causing this, are no alt stages working for you period?
Yes, I hold it for at least a couple of seconds and I don't seem to have access to any alt stages. I have had some access to them before in other builds and I did when I installed this over the top of 3.6B, but not since.

Did a fresh install from a redownloaded build with USBLoader_GX installed and nothing else, basically the same problem. Holding X crosses out the stage selection for random, and no alt stages seem to appear. I do have to wonder if there's some glaring obvious mistake I'm making because I have access to the stages and character costumes show up right, it's just a matter of not having stage select which is the super amazing part of this mod.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I hold it for at least a couple of seconds and I don't seem to have access to any alt stages. I have had some access to them before in other builds and I did when I installed this over the top of 3.6B, but not since.

Did a fresh install from a redownloaded build with USBLoader_GX installed and nothing else, basically the same problem. Holding X crosses out the stage selection for random, and no alt stages seem to appear. I do have to wonder if there's some glaring obvious mistake I'm making because I have access to the stages and character costumes show up right, it's just a matter of not having stage select which is the super amazing part of this mod.
For the stages that require X, you have to press X outside when your cursor is not on a stage, then hover over the stage while holding x, let go of the control stick then press a to select the stage. By the sounds of it, it should work for you as it was working for you before, remember that there isn't any sort of stage select indication that you are selecting the alt stage. Like holding the button combination then pressing A will take you to it. Try holding L before selecting Jungle Japes and lemme know if you are able to get the Jungle Hijinx which is the alt.

FeverBlade

Smash Rookie
NNID
TimeRe4per
This is what worked for me. Whenever the Stage Selection Screen loads, the music will temporarily stop then continue. Select the stage before the music stops and while it's quiet hold the buttons. The stage will load when the music continues.

Last edited:

Vaerdas

Smash Rookie
For the stages that require X, you have to press X outside when your cursor is not on a stage, then hover over the stage while holding x, let go of the control stick then press a to select the stage. By the sounds of it, it should work for you as it was working for you before, remember that there isn't any sort of stage select indication that you are selecting the alt stage. Like holding the button combination then pressing A will take you to it. Try holding L before selecting Jungle Japes and lemme know if you are able to get the Jungle Hijinx which is the alt.
Yep, Jungle Japes stays Jungle Japes after holding L for a few seconds and selecting. I did this with a SSB controller attached to a wiimote as well as a GC controller attached to the port.

It's weird as when I installed over the original PM I could at least access some (but not all) of the alt stages. Oh well, I'll try another few things. I don't want to cause some big hassle when you've already put together an amazing pack. Thank you. :D

Saloex

Smash Rookie
So for this build i deleted the other PM folders on my SD card and extracted the homebrew folders then put them into the card and the game is mostly working fine but I can't select any ASL stages. would you have any suggestions on how to fix this? you said to reformat the SD card but i don't know how to do that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom