• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

only1Z

Smash Champion
just cause I have past accomplishments to live off of, anyways, I do believe the standard dyc doesn't get top 3 at a barrio tournament, may still hold true......unless you **** dmac something fierce.

DYC

Smash Champion
just cause I have past accomplishments to live off of, anyways, I do believe the standard dyc doesn't get top 3 at a barrio tournament, may still hold true......unless you **** dmac something fierce.
Would those accomplishments involve having a job?

Or a car?

Or living in your parent's basement?

Oh well, 1 out of 3 isn't bad.

Cups

Smash Ace
I don't see why I wouldn't be there on Saturday. I'll probably bring only one other person because I'm told space is limited. I'm excited to play with you all and learn to own people. See you then.

Oh yeah, do you need me to bring anything, like a gamecube, controllers, tv, or game? I can bring those, just let me know.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Come on, being on an internet forum for a video game, I figured we would at least leave the real world out of this.

*always bring your own controllers btw.

Jesi

Smash Ace
lol tru that was kinda below the belt in the gaming world imo hahaha... but we'll see who beats whoooooooooooOOooOOooOOooo be nice ^_^

oh and btw... gg to rezo and phat keeping darkrain up till 5 playing smash yesterday night lol.... he woke up late and missed a whole trig class...and the test that was in that class..... lol

but hey we had fun!!! (and don't worry he got to make it up w/ ease ;) )

EDIT: hey! i reached my 500th post a couple posts back...yesssssss

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
****...when I slept through a calculus test (the only day I had missed up to that point) I wasn't allowed to retake :-/ Lucky darkrain...

only1Z

Smash Champion
Sheik and I have gone through a fusion of sorts, the epitome of PURE POWER, if you will....that was gay.

only1Z

Smash Champion
I'm sure we've probably told you at least 3 times alone :p Or probably how to get a hold of the people who can help you.

Jtardiou

Smash Rookie
sup dudes :0

im 20 year old internation student from france that goes to jccc. i just started playing ssbm and im pretty bad but i want to improve..

so, what's the deal? ssbm pretty common @ kclocal? how does it work? does someone host practice games at their house? Random people just show up and play?

ty
jonas

Jesi

Smash Ace
read the last couple pages of this thread... big tourney with a bunch of different levels happening today (saturday) show up if you're interested in learning a LOT.

dmac

Smash Champion
for the all the new people just checking in this thread, just please show up at the address @ 6pm on saturday (TODAY)

6627 E 15th Terr..
KCMO 64126

make sure you go down the loooooong driveway and go in the back door on the basement level.
park on the street! bring your own controller! there will probably be a lot of new faces here today if you decide to come, you're all welcome and it'll be fun :D also, bring your hot girlfriends and little sisters too (i guess older sisters are okay :-/)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Dang that was really fun. Missouri smash is too good.

It was fun playing and meeting everybody even though I got owned =/

Oh well hopefully I'll get better.

I'd type more right now but my hands hurt from playing so much smash so yeah, see you guys next time.

Cups

Smash Ace
Yeah thanks everyone it was a blast I've got some work to do. So many good players. Let me know when you guys think of a tag for me.

Oh yeah, G-REG IS A BIG CHUMP WHEN COMPARED TO DARKRAIN. . .DARK WOULD LIKE 4 STOCK HIM. . .DARK IS TEH PRO-SAUCE. . .CF FTW!!!

there you go dave.

Jesi

Smash Ace
I had a great time too... can't wait to see what the future of saturday smash holds!! wooOoOooo good job the winners... a post will be made later about placings... i'm in class right now :(

darkrain

Smash Ace
Jesi's Moonlight Madness III Results

Singles
1. darkrain
2. DYC
3. dmac
4. Phat
5. Jesi
5. Z
7. Nick
7. Ziv
9. Tdawg
9. Josh

Doubles
1. Dyc + Phat
2. dark + dmac
3. Jesi + Z
4. Ziv + Tdawg
5. Nick + Josh

DYC

Smash Champion
Jesi's Moonlight Madness III Results

Singles
1. darkrain
2. DYC
3. dmac
4. Phat
5. Jesi
5. Z
7. Nick
7. Ziv
9. Tdawg
9. Josh

Doubles
1. Dyc + Phat
2. dark + dmac
3. Jesi + Z
4. Ziv + Tdawg
5. Nick + Josh
Nice work backing up that trash talking fool!

only1Z

Smash Champion
The only explanation I need to give goes as follows, falco is gay, and dyc knows he can't beat me *or atleast our last few tourny encounters are proof of that*

So I'll be staying in Kansas City in a town called prairie town or something, but still in KC so w/e.
Does anyone want to smash on these dates? 17th-20th? I wouldn't be able to get a ride, and smashing where im staying is impossible just throwing that out there before hand, but It should be worth it, ive always wanted to get out of the west coast for once. =D
PM me if you want to and if you can, then PM me your phone # and we can further sort things out on smashboards or phone. I play fox and sheik.

darkrain

Smash Ace
So I'll be staying in Kansas City in a town called prairie town or something, but still in KC so w/e.
Does anyone want to smash on these dates? 17th-20th? I wouldn't be able to get a ride, and smashing where im staying is impossible just throwing that out there before hand, but It should be worth it, ive always wanted to get out of the west coast for once. =D
PM me if you want to and if you can, then PM me your phone # and we can further sort things out on smashboards or phone. I play fox and sheik.
You're talking about Prairie Village, it's no more than 20 minutes away from where we smash. But if you can't come to us, and we can't come to you, how is this suppose to work again?

You're talking about Prairie Village, it's no more than 20 minutes away from where we smash. But if you can't come to us, and we can't come to you, how is this suppose to work again?
DARKRAIN:
What I meant by "you can't come to where I'm staying" is that we wouldn't be able to smash at the place I'm staying, the only way is for me to get picked up by someone. If possible, and if not, I can't smash. I would hate to be within 30 minutes of good smashers I've never played, and not smash with them.
As for the date, Ill be getting there on friday the 16th and will not be able to smash on that day, and will be leaving Wednesday on the 21st and will not be able to smash on that day either. I'm also planning on going into a different part of Kansas/Missouri to visit family so that would cancel out a day, but not sure which one. But the thing is if anyone can smash, preferably darkrain, i could just get your phone # and call you, or just PM you, or post here when i get there and am sure when i can and cant smash. are there any days you cant smash? and from what i thougt was the implication of your post, it sounds like youre willing to smash, so you wouldnt mind picking me up...? :)
I want to mm your falcon vs my fox/sheik for at least 5$.
btw im 16 and my mom wont have to meet you or anything XD

rezo

Smash Apprentice
i'll $5 mm your sheik vs my fox if you want. if you make it out to dark's place that is.

Top Bottom