• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ugh, the idea of a fighting game version of guitar hero pisses me off.

I don't remember any hype from yalls, but my tournament has been moved to Sunday the 5th instead of Saturday the 4th and to my parents instead of Dans, so if this makes it harder/easier I am sorry/happy, but this makes it easier for the melee peeps to attend so ya.

town913

Smash Cadet
That's why massive smash is so dope. Saturday is the best for it. By the way, thanks a ton everybody for being cool and welcoming me into the crew and everything. Its a lot of fun to have people to smash with. You guys are the best!

DYC

Smash Champion
In my defense he had thrown my drink into the tree not once, but twice.

I will say I was proud of that throw lol
Good times have been had over the years.
:phone:

dmac

Smash Champion
let's talk about more awesome throwing
incidents

remember when earthbowser started the Bible fight, and camo fight

:phone:

rpotts

Smash Lord
Anyone remember a guy named paper from 07/08? I was playing smash with Osime and a couple other guys last week, one of them mentioned the Barrio when I was talking about Massive's, said he went a little bit, used to post here some. Small world.

Jace08

Smash Lord
^if not him, I remember a guy named paperdream. He's the one who told me about the jccc gaming club meetings in early 2008 which made me less scrubby, I really owe him one

rpotts

Smash Lord
brown paper bag?
^if not him, I remember a guy named paperdream. He's the one who told me about the jccc gaming club meetings in early 2008 which made me less scrubby, I really owe him one
He just said his name was paper, actual name is Joshua, iirc. He said he was at the barrio a few times and also early JCCC, so it could be paperdream, idk. I'll ask him if I end up playing with him again. He's a peach player, pretty decent seeing as he hadn't played in some 3 years.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I think I remember him. Back when Brawl first released and we played it at the Barrio I would put my name in as paper but we had another guy who used the name Paper (first P capitalized).

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
He just said his name was paper, actual name is Joshua, iirc. He said he was at the barrio a few times and also early JCCC, so it could be paperdream, idk. I'll ask him if I end up playing with him again. He's a peach player, pretty decent seeing as he hadn't played in some 3 years.
Only paper I remember/know is blackis.

rpotts

Smash Lord
So I'm making a Sheik training resource for my friend Osime, he recently picked up Sheik after a while of going back n forth between Fox and Ganon. He doesn't have internet access so I'm filling up a couple USB drives, so far I have a bunch of different videos of m2k, Amsah, Overtriforce, KirbyKaze and some others, as well as various guides and stuff stickied on the Sheik boards here. Anything links in particular I should include?

MGFan

Smash Rookie
If I played anyone at Naka Kon a couple of months ago, Good Games.

I was a Pikachu player.

Massive

Smash Champion
So I'm making a Sheik training resource for my friend Osime, he recently picked up Sheik after a while of going back n forth between Fox and Ganon. He doesn't have internet access so I'm filling up a couple USB drives, so far I have a bunch of different videos of m2k, Amsah, Overtriforce, KirbyKaze and some others, as well as various guides and stuff stickied on the Sheik boards here. Anything links in particular I should include?
You going to link him my hitbox thread? lol.

Sheik combos are so straightforward that, despite a few niche tricks, the difference between a newbie sheik and a pro is spacing and experience.

Sheik isn't Falco. You gotta play dudes to get better.

If I played anyone at Naka Kon a couple of months ago, Good Games.

I was a Pikachu player.
I think I was the only person playing random people at naka kon last year.

I don't remember anyone specifically except the samus guy that cropdusted me so badly I had to stop playing.

Oh wait, unless you were that really young kid that wanted to do free-for-alls, then yes, I remember you.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Long time no see... Kc scene.
Indeed! Massive Smash every Saturday (unless otherwise stated on here). Address should be on the first post on page 1 still. You should totally try and make it out, and bring some of the other "ion"s and west! Lol

Top Bottom