• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Brawl Presents: Get HYPE! II (ft. Kansas Melee / Project M)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
The only people from Dallas that contacted me for housing was Fino/Denti/Dakpo/YBM's carpool

We assigned them to Perfect Duck. However, Perfect Duck has a strict weekend work schedule, so their planned arrival time of 1-3am does not work with his schedule. All the alternative housing options are also full.

So if my understanding is correct they have housing set for Saturday night, but we're working on Friday night.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
They could do what MO did and just get a hotel for the night. It's like $10...

Oracle

Smash Master
It would be two nights since we probably aren't leaving for an 8 hour drive saturday night >.>

What hotel is mo staying at?

DeLux

Colorado is also staying there :)

1 w1nged @ngel, are you part of the Fino carpool, or are you in another Dallas car?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Yea, I can't go anymore... As Much as I want to go to this tournament... it would be financially against me to do so. Rent is right around the corner and I'm flying to Cincinnati, OH in a few weeks. Anyone going to Chi's tournament on the 20th we can kick it and play then...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That sucks ybm :/

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There's an issue with my checking account, and a lot of stuff is going on at home, so I'm not gonna be able to make it. I apologize, Kain. :(

DeLux

Just a reminder to everyone bringing equipment, there is a sign up list located on the second post.

The people that have signed up will get first dibs on the $2 venue fee discount per equipment piece. We will fill in what other equipment is needed as it happens, but don't come surprised if your equipment isn't needed for the tournament if you haven't reserved your discount. The discount applies to items of equipment that are used for the entirety of the event. I will keep a list of equipment brought in, and reimburse you with $2 for each piece of equipment as it's returned at the end of the night. If you plan to leave early with the equipment, please let me know, but expect to only receive $1 (I think half seems fair).

I also plan to have one person monitoring the entrance/exit at all times to help minimize potential loss of equipment. When you bring your equipment in the morning, I'm going to probably jot down Serial Numbers in a document of sorts. However, even with added security, providing equipment is at your own risk per usual community standards. That being said, please do not randomly add your own equipment to the tournament usage inventory without informing me as it might having confusing consequences to sort things out.

Also, if you have any other applicable discounts (you'll know who you are), please remind me since I've promised a lot of discounts to a lot of people.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Once Ryker actually sends me the address I'm going to in Montgomery, I'm leaving. d:

Edit: I have all of the relevant information. So the journey begins. I'm looking forward to seeing you all once I'm up there!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Look, we're aiming to record and upload every bracket match, however, I only have access to about ~8 SD cards. PM needs them too, so if you have SD cards, YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR SD CARDS!

DeLux

did you give out instructions on how to park at KU?
Ironically I was figuring that out as you posted lol

There's parking across the Union on the other side of Jayhawk Blvd. Adjacent to the Union, there is a visiting parking lot. DO NOT PARK THERE. It's $1.25 an hour. Further down the street past the Pay per Hour are a few more spots along the street.

Do not park along Louisiana St. down the Hill from the Union. It's 24/7 Tickets KU Housing. Go down to Ohio to park on the street.

If you come from the Mississippi St., you don't want to park there as far as I know. It's yellow lot restricted so don't park there.

TLDR:

PARK ON THE JAYHAWK BLVD SIDE PARKING LOT. IF FULL, PARK ON OHIO OR TENNESSEE STREET DOWN THE HILL

DeLux

Brawl Bracket Pools:

1: DeLux
2: Rubio
3: Mr. Doom
4: Wang
5: Scrub
5: Derek May

1: JJ Rockets
2: Fino
3: Gimb