• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kalos coming to Pokemon GO in December

Kalos.jpg

This December, Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y will be added to Pokemon GO. This initial update will release on December 2nd, 2020 and will include the following 16 Pokemon (17 for France),
  • Bunnelby
    • Diggersby
  • Chespin
    • Quilladin
    • Chesnaught
  • Fennekin
    • Braixen
    • Delphox
  • Fletchling
    • Fletchinder
    • Talonflame
  • Froakie
    • Frogadier
    • Greninja
  • Litleo
    • Pyroar
  • Klefki (Early release in France)
More Pokemon will follow in the weeks and months to come. The recent announcement Kalos Announcement is a part of Niantic's "GO Beyond" intiative.

Pokemon GO is available for free on Android and Apple iOS devices. The Kalos update will launch on December 2nd, 2020

Author's Note: Did you ever play much of Pokemon Go? I know I didn't get quite into the craze. Let us know in the comments below!

Credits
Writing & Editing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Graphics:
@Zerp
Social Media: @Zerp

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Tried many times redownload and play Go only to once again delete after realizing Go sucks.

I'd sooner play Yo-Kai Watch World for this kind of game if I could.

I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised they'd keep this app alive despite numerous PR disasters...
perhaps by this point there's nowhere near as many players active to outright overwhelm the servers if it does take off.

I still won't get it, though... as declined as the core series is now, I'd still rather play that than tap and swipe my phone's screen 'till the end of time...

still holding out hope on my own little pipe dream of Pokemon crossing over with the Tales Series battle system someday...

still holding out hope on my own little pipe dream of Pokemon crossing over with the Tales Series battle system someday...
I recommend you play Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Yo-Kai Watch Busters, Yo-Kai Watch 3's Busters-T mode, Snack World, Yo-Kai Watch 4 or Yo-Kai Watch: Y-Academy while you wait then.

Level-5 has been doing real time gameplay with monster collectors for nearly a decade now.

Was wondering when Gen 6 was gonna be added and was probably thinking it would be delayed until early 2021,But good to hear it's coming out next month.

Last edited:
I wish some more Pokes would've been added, but cmon man! First Heracross, then Tropius, then Carnivine, then Sigilyph, and now Klefki is a regional? Can't I get my favorites normally?

I would try playing Pokemon go, but the nearest Pokestop is over an hour walking distance from my house, so any walking routines I do wouldn't come close.
Might be a nice thing to try while on Vacation though. However that isn't happening till the Covid-19 pandemic is gone...

I also didn't get into Pokemon until about a year ago, so I was never interested during the craze. Tbh the Pokemon Go craze probably turned me away from it initially.

Last edited:
I recommend you play Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Yo-Kai Watch Busters, Yo-Kai Watch 3's Busters-T mode, Snack World, Yo-Kai Watch 4 or Yo-Kai Watch: Y-Academy while you wait then.
I've sort of got tabs on Nexomon Extinction, and that conversation I butted in on a different post got my attention regarding Ni No Kuni. I was not aware of it being a monster collector style game... most of the info I've heard was that the story was interesting and just how well Studio Ghibli's art style was adapted into game form.

I do play other genres, though, and I've still got a ways to go before I can complete Bug Fables and get tired of Destiny 2's Beyond Light expansion, especially with a new raid coming out Saturday and the race to world's first that ensues...

Last edited:
I heard Snack World was really good. I'm thinking about getting into that game now that I've finished up a few other RPGs I've been playing.
Its anime is an absolute gem (at least least in subbed) and the game itself is a nifty roguelike game. You can also trade powerful weapons, gear and monsters between players and with how hard the game gets, it's merited.

I get my favorites normally?
No, because then the game loses its "travel and exercise" schtick at the cost of unnecessary player inconvenience. Tho that probably wouldn't be an issue if long distance trades were allowed.

I've sort of got tabs on Nexomon Extinction
Own that one myself too. Great game. Love how it manages to be so big and open for a top-down game even early on, you can get all the Mega Rare Starters if you dedicate yourself and getting strong hold items also requires dedication. Story is fantastic so far from what I've played. My only gripe is that all battles scale with you but it's fair so that you can't just barrel through everything with a single overlevelled monster and it keeps it from being easy.

Its anime is an absolute gem (at least least in subbed) and the game itself is a nifty roguelike game. You can also trade powerful weapons, gear and monsters between players and with how hard the game gets, it's merited.

No, because then the game loses its "travel and exercise" schtick at the cost of unnecessary player inconvenience. Tho that probably wouldn't be an issue if long distance trades were allowed.

Own that one myself too. Great game. Love how it manages to be so big and open for a top-down game even early on, you can get all the Mega Rare Starters if you dedicate yourself and getting strong hold items also requires dedication. Story is fantastic so far from what I've played. My only gripe is that all battles scale with you but it's fair so that you can't just barrel through everything with a single overlevelled monster and it keeps it from being easy.
It seems they've started testing remote trading with a 50km radius to trade in. Really would've been nice awhile ago.

Top Bottom