• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kakuna Matata 4 (Canceled), Jeffersonville IN

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Level 9 Snake Presents:

Kakuna Matata 4

:014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014:

Hockeymans
125 E Maple St
Jeffersonville, IN 47130

It's an extension to a local card shop that calic works at. So we were able to get the venue easily. :D There's a convenience store across the street, as well as fast food resturants within driving distance. It isnt the largest of venues, but running out of room definitely shouldnt be a problem.

The address is not going to take you to the venue directly. The venue is down the street a bit to the right (if you're looking at the venue) and around the corner. Those that have been to the venue before (most of the people that will be going) will know where the room is, and I'll try to leave signs for those that don't know.

When:
June 26th

Registration for doubles will start at 10:00 and end at 11:30 sharp. Make sure you're registered before then! Doubles will start promptly at 12:00, with registration for singles beginning at 3:00, while doubles is still going. Expect singles to begin anywhere between four and five.

Pools will be used at this tournament, and will eliminate according to how many people are there. If the turnout is low we may not do elimination if we have the time.

Price:
Venue - $5 (will be waved upon bringing a full setup)
Doubles - $10 Per Person
Singles - $10 Per Person

Payout:
1st - 48%
2nd - 22%
3rd - 14%
4th - 8%
5th - 4%

Before I go on to the rules, there's something more important I'd like to say
WE NEED SETUPS
If you are able to bring a setup (and I hope as many of you will) bring it!

Rules:

-3 Stock

-8 minute timer

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

-Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

-Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

-You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.

-No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stages
Stages have not been decided yet, give us some time to discuss it and we'll have a stage list. I'm also considering using a new strike system for this tournament, though it's unlikely.

Contact Information:

Hilt
502 296 8932
Aim - Lixth

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Maybe but likely!

I encourage everybody else to go, Louisville is too pro.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Listen I like this rule set but I think you should be able to share stock in singles as well as doubles.
Quite frankly it's hardly fair to not be allowed to share stock in a singles match.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah! :D

Imma see if I can get some Cincinnati to go to this thing. I'm good for a setup, as always.

I was worried about attendance for a moment, then I realized that with the pot **** out of the equation this could have half of S2D's stuff and I'd be good to go :D

edit:

Also, if there are 32 or more people you should change the payout to spread to 5th place!

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
<.<

I gots noon football game on the 12th. :(
So there's some sort of slim chance I could make singles but I'm not so sure how it'd work yet.
Unless I can time VaMP driving through here right as the football game ends...

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Haha Epic Name for the tournament. Hmmm I wonder how far this is from Cincy...*checking Mapquest now*.....Ahhh Not that Far at all...Looks like I may be able to attend this if I have a Ride...I'm sure Sneaky will Sneak right up on this...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Y.b.M., see if sneaky sneak wants to have me in his car / drive you guys to this'n. I could come up early and we could have some smashfest practice. :D

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
I'm a maybe, I have my first gross anatomy test on the monday afterward, but I've got to have some fun, don't I? If I do come I'll bring a set-up.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Actually....On second thought...I believe that I will be attending another tournament this day...So I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go to this after all

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
ohhh....and i'm late...but we have a wise guy ehhhh!!!
And Hilt that is the most insane Sig ever...haha

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Haha you know it Y.b.M
You probably don't even remember posting it xD

Also what tournament are you going to anyways? TYM O_o
Isn't that like forever away? haha

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm definitely going to this. Travelling 5 hours north = no thanks

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I remember posting it....But I changed the original post when I became normal again...
And yeah it's TYM...

Count

Smash Champion
Probably going to go to this now! I found a teammate that would make the trip more intelligent for me financially :).

Top Bottom