• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kadano's controller mods (consistent shield drops, hybrid gate &more) (list with details and prices)

BirdmanJR

Smash Cadet
Do you have any old original gamecube black controllers used ? If so Id like one of them for my order.

A3

b5 (all face buttons 70 percent resistance) B7 (Y button)

left trigger B2b, B4, B5 and B6

Right trigger B2b and B3

E2

Last edited:

Endeby

Smash Cadet
NNID
Endeby
I want to order a Smash White controller from you. Not exactly sure which modifications I want, though. Expect an email from me in the next couple of days!

Last edited:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah sure, done!
Just realised I read it wrong, and the number is what remains, not what you take off.
Don't want it to be too loose, so can you do B5L70 which I'm guessing means 70% of the resistance left on.
No more last min request btw, everything should be fine from there on

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I am kinda surprised noone comes back and writes a review on their controller.
It would be kinda cool to see what people think.
Did it work as you expected? Did the mods have any flaws? Etc.
(I know of one guy who recieved his controller and one sheild drop notch was not perfect and he ended up not using it).

I will make sure to write one once I recieve it.

Kadano

Magical Express
(I know of one guy who recieved his controller and one sheild drop notch was not perfect and he ended up not using it).

Who was that? Because I've sent free replacement controllers that then worked perfectly fine (according to the recipients) to all who told me they had issues with their controllers, except for @TC123, for whose I'm working on currently. Maybe that person didn't contact me at all, or maybe he's received a replacement controller from me already.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Don't forget we have customer feedback forms stickied as well.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Who was that? Because I've sent free replacement controllers that then worked perfectly fine (according to the recipients) to all who told me they had issues with their controllers. Maybe that person didn't contact me at all, or maybe he's received a replacement controller from me already.
I actually forgot who that was. He may or may not have recieved a replacement already, but didnt talk about it. It was a few weeks back.

Don't forget we have customer feedback forms stickied as well.
Where is this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tr1F0rc3

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LEMS#483
Hey Kadano, thanks for providing your services to the community, your contributions are greatly appreciated. I was looking to buy a controller from you, but I thought instead I can send my own JP white to you then you can ship it back.
The specifications I was looking for were: (A0, A2 (ESE, WSW), A3, B4R, B5R)
How much time would it approximately take to get it sent back, and how much would it cost? I live in the US.

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
Hey Kadano, thanks for providing your services to the community, your contributions are greatly appreciated. I was looking to buy a controller from you, but I thought instead I can send my own JP white to you then you can ship it back.
The specifications I was looking for were: (A0, A2 (ESE, WSW), A3, B4R, B5R)
How much time would it approximately take to get it sent back, and how much would it cost? I live in the US.
Yes, sending in is possible.

It would take 2-3 weeks from the moment I receive it until it arrives at your place if you go for priority shipping (which I recommend). If you want to go forward with this, please send me a Private Message, then I'll give you my address details for shipping.

FSU_pawN

Smash Rookie
Hey there! A0, A2a (ENE, WNW, NNE, NNW), 2b (ESE, WSW, SSE, SSW), A3, B4LR, B5LR, B7Y, C = SW, E2

What's a reasonable estimate for this request to be completed in terms of time from today? Heard great things about your work c: Thanks!

Kadano

Magical Express
Hey there! A0, A2a (ENE, WNW, NNE, NNW), 2b (ESE, WSW, SSE, SSW), A3, B4LR, B5LR, B7Y, C = SW, E2

What's a reasonable estimate for this request to be completed in terms of time from today? Heard great things about your work c: Thanks!
If things go well (my main controller supplier has been a bit unreliable in the past weeks; not many ship to Europe for a good price unfortunately), about one month until I can start with it. Another two weeks after that you should receive it.

That's only an estimate though, with the long list I can't make any guaranteed promises.

FSU_pawN

Smash Rookie
If things go well (my main controller supplier has been a bit unreliable in the past weeks; not many ship to Europe for a good price unfortunately), about one month until I can start with it. Another two weeks after that you should receive it.

That's only an estimate though, with the long list I can't make any guaranteed promises.
Sounds good! Thank you very much c:

Felerian

Smash Rookie
Hey Kadano, how frequently do you update your order list? I sent you an order a couple days ago (via email )and it hasnt shown up here yet. Just wanna make sure i didnt screw something up, thanks!

Kadano

Magical Express
Hey Kadano, how frequently do you update your order list? I sent you an order a couple days ago (via email )and it hasnt shown up here yet. Just wanna make sure i didnt screw something up, thanks!
Hey, I'm really sorry, I read your email on mobile while I was out and overlooked it when I got home. I've added it to the list now at its appropriate spot (138.).

Kyball

Smash Rookie
Hi Kadano! My name is Kyle Dennis, and I would love to purchase a controller from you! I've went through your post and have determined all of the specifications that I would like to have on my new controller. I am also currently living in Florida in North America. The specifications are as follows:

A0
A2a (ENE, WNW, NNE, NNW)
A2b (ESE, WSW, SSE, SSW)
A3
B2a (Left Trigger)
B3 (Right Trigger)
B4 (Left Trigger)
B5 (Left Trigger, Y-button, A-button, B-button, X-button)
B6 (Left Trigger)
B7 (Y-button)

Controller Type = Smash Black
E2 - Priority Shipping - North America

My Paypal email is kyledennis474pay@gmail.com and I can be best reached by email, as I do not check SmashBoards very often. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you!

i4n

Smash Rookie
Hello! My Name is Ian Leone, my tag is i4n and I'm very interested in having a controller modded by you after reading through all this and hearing so much positive feedback on them.

I would like a controller with these mods:
A0
A2b (ESE,WSW)
A3
B4
B5LABXY
D2b
C = Smash 4 Black (If there's some anomaly that causes this type of controller to take extra time I'm fine with whatever the next fastest option is)
E2 - Priority Shipping - North America

I can be most easily reached by my email clamleone@gmail.com however I am on smash boards quite often. Thanks in advance!

Kadano

Magical Express
Hey Ian,

I've added your order to the list! I'll let you know when I can start with your order. I expect that to be in about 1-2 months.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
REVIEW

So I have had my controller for about 4 days now and used it for well over 20 hours.
My mods, made by Kadano, are shield drop notches and the hybrid gate.
I would have added shortened Y, X, R and L buttons and reduced click resistance as well as reduced spring tension, if I didn't know how to do all of that myself.
One of the very first things I did was to check how the notches felt and let me tell you - Kadano isn't joking when he says the design is optimized. It's very easy to locate and lock into any notch in the gate and at the same time they are very subtle. They have a very natural feel to them - like it's supposed to be that way ;) I have no problem going for long wavedashes but I still need practice hitting the notch for those super long ones. But I am never airdodging sideways.

So I went and launched my Magus ISO to check the values and found that they arent't exactly perfect (hybrid gate).
Kadano then told me that this is intentional, and it's made like this so that the controller will last longer since the notches will wear down over time.
Good thinking!

On to the shield drop angles. My left one was insane out of the box. I think I have missed under 1% of attempts on that side. Crazy good!
The South East corner though, produced spotdodges applying the same technique.
Yes I was able to shield drop there too, but no better than a stock controller.
And since I have gotten quite a bit of practice modding controllers, I went ahead and fixed that angle myself.

I told Kadano about the issue emediatly and he was kind enough to refund the equivalent value.

Overall I am extremely happy with my purchase. I would recommend both of these mods to anyone. The style of the hybrid gate really have come along way since the initial prototype.
If I lost my controller I would get right back here and order a new one.

Thank you so much Kadano!

Kadano

Magical Express
I already sent this order via email from eiiitti@hotmail.com a couple weeks ago but I'll put it here too since I've not seen my name added to the list.

A2b (ESE,WSW), A3, B2bLR40, B4LR, B5LR50, B6LRZ60, C=Smash Black or White, E8
Paypal: eiiittijoni@gmail.com
Hey,

I've just searched my inbox for that address and it turned out your mail got caught in my Gmail spam filter. Really sorry about that.
I've added your order to the list now.

Last edited:

BirdmanJR

Smash Cadet
Id like to add decreasing the X button height on my controller in addition to decreasing the y button height and everything else I ordered previously.

115. BirdmanJR BirdmanJR (C=old original gamecube black controller, A3, B5ABXYLR,B7Y,B2bLR,B3R,B4L,B5L,B6L)

Samio25

Smash Rookie
Hi,
Can i Get A0, A2a (ENE, WNW, NNE, NNW), 2b (ESE, WSW, SSE, SSW), A3, B2bL, B4LR, B5L, C=Smash Black, D2b, E8 please?

Kadano

Magical Express
Id like to add decreasing the X button height on my controller in addition to decreasing the y button height and everything else I ordered previously.

115. BirdmanJR BirdmanJR (C=old original gamecube black controller, A3, B5ABXYLR,B7Y,B2bLR,B3R,B4L,B5L,B6L)
I've added B7X to your entry!

Hi,
Can i Get A0, A2a (ENE, WNW, NNE, NNW), 2b (ESE, WSW, SSE, SSW), A3, B2bL, B4LR, B5L, C=Smash Black, D2b, E8 please?
Order taken!

Kadano

Magical Express
I tried starting a conversation with you but not sure how this site works. I was wondering if I could get a: A0, A3, B4L, B7Y, C smash white before the 19th of this month potentially? Thanks
Taken into the list! I've replied to your PM, just didn't get to it yet with the massive influx of orders and questions, as well as hosting a tournament this past weekend.

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
For anyone interested in buying and want to know how long it'd take, this is the timeline for my purchase (understand this is just my purchase, and I don't know anything about averages)

Jan 21st - Sent email detailing order
Feb 13th - Kadano sent me an invoice
Feb 17th - Controller shipped (I used shipping E2)
March 3rd - I received the controller

So it took 6 weeks total for the entire process, from me ordering it to me receiving it.

I haven't actually tested it yet; I may update this post with my reactions later.

FSU_pawN

Smash Rookie
Hey Kadano, just a quick question, if I were to open up my controller after I receive it from you in order to replace the buttons (Except Y since that'll be modified)[My current ones are worn such that I feel less friction when I slide over them]), do you think there's any chance of me messing up any of your mods assuming I'm not a complete idiot? Sorry if that sounds dumb I just don't want to mess the thing up lmfao.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Hi I would like to a Smash Black for order! Please email me @ michaudjr@gmail.com to do the paypal once my order makes it's way through the queue.

Specs:
A3 B4LR B5LR B7 CSB E2

Thanks!

ArcNatural

FSU_pawN

Smash Rookie
Hi! I wanted to amend my order slightly: I'd like to get B7 on my B button in addition to on the Y button. I'd also like to do B6 on both my triggers, but have 40% pressure on both, rather than the default 60. Thanks!

Kadano

Magical Express
Hey. I would like to order a white smash 4 controller with the A3 mod :)

Shipping to Oslo, Norway. Priority shipping
Alright, order taken! I'll let you know when I can start with yours. I expect that to take about two months with the long queue.

Hey Kadano, just a quick question, if I were to open up my controller after I receive it from you in order to replace the buttons (Except Y since that'll be modified)[My current ones are worn such that I feel less friction when I slide over them]), do you think there's any chance of me messing up any of your mods assuming I'm not a complete idiot? Sorry if that sounds dumb I just don't want to mess the thing up lmfao.
As long as you tighten all six triwing screws again and don't fiddle with the front plate or the stick box, it shouldn't cause any problems.
Hi! I wanted to amend my order slightly: I'd like to get B7 on my B button in addition to on the Y button. I'd also like to do B6 on both my triggers, but have 40% pressure on both, rather than the default 60. Thanks!
I've added these to your entry! Do you just want the B button to sit lower or do you want its surface to have a different shape?
If you want to ease sliding inputs for Y↔B, you might also benefit from B7A, which changes the shape so that you can slide between these without hitting A.
Hi I would like to a Smash Black for order! Please email me @ michaudjr@gmail.com to do the paypal once my order makes it's way through the queue.

Specs:
A3 B4LR B5LR B7 CSB E2

Thanks!

ArcNatural
Alright, order taken! I'll let you know by email when I can start with yours. I expect that to take about two months with the long queue.

Last edited:

Charlezard

Smash Rookie
Hi Kadano! I would like:
  • Smash 4 black controller
  • A0
  • A3
  • B2b
  • B4LR
  • B6L70R70
  • D2a
  • E2
My contact info is charlesrmadere@gmail.com, thanks!! (edit March 8th - specified "D2a" instead of just "D2")

Last edited:
Top Bottom