• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hopefully the King shows up tomorrow and if not then, hopefully later in the year. Either way I still feel good about his chances.. If Ridley is in this Smash I feel like there's even more of a chance for K. Rool. If he can beat the odds and get in surely the King of Kremlings can do the same.. maybe the theme of this Smash game will be "give it to them so they stop asking"

The title of the new game will be revealed as

SUPER SMASH BROS. "Here now leave me alone"
If I got Ridley and K. Rool in the same Smash I probably wouldn’t ask him for anything ever again.
Hha.png

Forreal though, this would be magical if we got both of these heavy hitters.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Hoping for the best. And perhaps for the first time in a long time, we have strong reasons to be hopeful. We may know tomorrow or we may find out in a few months. We just gotta stick together and keep our community alive whatever happens.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here's hoping K. Rool is revealed tomorrow. If he is in, what will you guys do to celebrate?

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Popping up to give you guys some support. I've given up on Smash, but I still stand by the notion that K. Rool should have been added by now. Stand strong Kutthroats.
Remember this? I made it way back.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I think they won't show K.Rool in the presentation, but at the tournament.
Would be the smartest thing to do.
I personally hope we get Dixie too.
But here is the place to Kutthroats to unite.
"There, I danced,I win, now GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!" :crazy:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Going dark until after direct. It's been a wild ride, and I'm wishing everyone and their characters the best of luck for tomorrow. Here's to hoping for our king, see you guys on the flipside!

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I bought a King K. Rool figure on eBay a while ago and decided not to even open the shipping box till he was in Smash. Hopefully, tomorrow's the day it can see the light.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think they won't show K.Rool in the presentation, but at the tournament.
Would be the smartest thing to do.
I personally hope we get Dixie too.
But here is the place to Kutthroats to unite.
"There, I danced,I win, now GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!" :crazy:
Anyone revealed after the presentation won't be in the demo so I hope he's revealed in it so we can get a lot of gameplay of him.

If Sakurai puts in King K. Rool does that make him One of Us?

Good luck all and I hope people are satisfied one way or another with the direct and what Nintendo delivers.

Keep in mind that with with the lead in time to release, DLC and all that jazz, if we do not see the Krafty Kroc at E3 then that doesn't necessarily mean his ship is sunk for 2018.

The End?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
you know what I think was a big missed opportunity in DK64? not giving King K. Rool his own rap to play in the game over screen like Total Distortion's You Are Dead song. but then again, I'm not too sure if Nintendo would be OK with the "King K. Rap"

also, you know, I'd actually be pretty kool with K. Rool as a stage hazard, of course I'd be slightly salty, but at least we'd be able to see the Kremling king in a physical form.

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
Only one day? Hopefully everything will be just fine this time. If it doesn't happen, then please keep it down, will ya? There's no need to get all sour about it. It's not like it's the last opportunity to reveal him. You don't put all eggs in one basket, right (and if that leak is real, then there'll be at least 3 equally big reveals tomorrow)? Of course, that doesn't mean that his absence from E3 won't be a hit to his chances, but it's still not the end of the world.

you know what I think was a big missed opportunity in DK64? not giving King K. Rool his own rap to play in the game over screen like Total Distortion's You Are Dead song. but then again, I'm not too sure if Nintendo would be OK with the "King K. Rap"
...Actually, they already did that in DKC2. Twice. In the quiz, "Kaptain K. Rapp" is used twice as the wrong answer.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just wanted to say good luck guys, the K. Rool fanbase deserves their prize. Also, do remember that even if he's not at E3 he'll still have a solid chance at making it in, I think due to his lack of relevancy today isn't a do or die situation for him, they could choose to reveal him whenever they think the hype for him is best served, so no matter what happens keep your heads high.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Just wanted to say good luck guys, the K. Rool fanbase deserves their prize. Also, do remember that even if he's not at E3 he'll still have a solid chance at making it in, I think due to his lack of relevancy today isn't a do or die situation for him, they could choose to reveal him whenever they think the hype for him is best served, so no matter what happens keep your heads high.
honestly, I feel they'll announce all characters ness sans unlockables tonight, but K. Rool is unlockable material if you ask me!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Man... it's been a long time since I've last posted here, but it's good to be back. I hope for all of us that we finally get the Krokodile King we've been waiting on for years now into Smash Bros. And as many people have said, even if K. Rool is not announced today, he's not out of the running yet.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Good luck, Kutthroats. Even if K. Rool shows up today, Bill Trinen made it rather clear that we'll be seeing more reveals leading up to release. Don't give up hope if he's not revealed today.

If I got (the return of) Solo Zard, Ridley, K. Rool, B. Dee, and Krystal I'd be forever set for Smash as far as characters go. Even one of those (plus Solo Zard) would satisfy my win condition for this Smash iteration.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
that wa strange....

1528822749863.png

but MEH .... dont get me wrong . i love ridley but that mean the leak was real.and supose we got simon belmont ....i dont want :(

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Well I should be happy for Ridley's fans, but I'm not going to lie, I can't.
And I don"t think that The End thing means much.
There are only 2 newcomers slots and theya re probably goign to be 3rd party (Simon and someone else).
My hype is officially dead, thx Sakurai for destroying my dreams once again.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Its certainly disappointing but I'm not giving up hope just yet, even if its only a fools hope.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Where are you getting the 2 more slots thing? Are you talking about the website design and the fighters list? I think this was a theory in Smash 4 too. I don't think that means there are only 2 more fighters. I think it's just a design thing. They will add more slots as they reveal new characters.

I'm really happy for Ridley fans. They've been waiting for their character for as long as we have basically. And they were put through so much crap. Happy they get to play as Ridley and Sakurai listened to them. Anyone think Ridley looks weird though? Like his face? Looks a little odd.

I'm a little anxious about Sakurai's comments that we shoudln't expect too many new characters. At the same time, I am intrigued by how much crazy fanservice there seems to be in this game. I hope they left a spot for K. Rool.

I checked the DK and Diddy videos and there are no signs of K. Rool or Dixie or anybody else form the DK series in their little vids.

I'm a little weirded out by how DK looks however. Diddy basically looks the same as he always has.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
So I'm seeing a lot of negativity and I just wanted to give my take. Firstly, Ridley's inclusion is probably one of the best things that could have happened to K. Rool. This confirms that sizing isn't an issue, which was one of the factors that probably held back both characters in the past.

Secondly, K. Rool is not an assist trophy (at least not confirmed to be one). Waluigi and Takamaru just both got deconfirmed in the form of assist trophies and the fact that K. Rool isn't one still bodes well for us.

Lastly, even if he doesn't get into the base roster there is undoubtedly going to be DLC. Since we know all the veteran fighters are going to be in the base roster DLC is inevitable (and we don't know any of the characters that would be DLC). So if all else fails we still have that second chance.

So I hope nobody gives up hope about K. Rool's chances. Literally all that's happened today is leave us in a better situation than we were in. Now that sizing is no longer an issue the only thing holding back K. Rool is Sakurai himself. IMO, for now at least he is in the best possible position since Smash Ballot.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Listen, it's not near over... we have until December to see character reveals, we have the end of the Smash tournament and don't forget even Sakurai said Ridley was a big request over seas. Japan want's K. Rool as much as we do maybe more E3 is an American event it's possible K. Rool could get a reveal at Japanese event or at the end of the tournament but my money is on Simon Belmont for that. We have to wait longer but it's not over for us. Plus if Ridley got in I think Rools chances have grown exponentially. Ridley surpassed the odds and got in after years of being denied, K. Rool is another heavily requested fan favorite so it isn't over yet

Not to mention the list of possible additions is shrinking fast, Waluigi is out, Takamaru is out, Bomberman is out.

K. Rool and Dixie are alive and it's clear this Smash uses Wii U and 3DS assets, K. Rool got brand new assets with his costume.

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
At the very worst, if not K.Rool, we SHOULD get at least an echofied Dixie and/or Funky. At best, it should be those 2, K.Rool, an assist trophy, snowy DK island, and more items.

Like there's no excuse now for Sakurai, when it's looking like he's listening to fan criticism (Ridley, everyone returning, ditching casual mechanics, and a good airdodge mechanic) and then DK gets nothing big. If DK get zilch yet again, then I can safely say he dislikes Donkey Kong.

But hopefully that claim will be wrong. Right?

RIGHT?

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Ridley was added in due to fan demand. K. Rool is consistently more popular and almost always outranks him. Ridley proved he's listening to fan demand. With the newcomers coming far and few between, I genuinely believe this is finally it for K. Rool.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I'm very happy and surprised with Smash Ultimate. The game looks great, and Ridley was my second most wanted character and I'm happy that he was confirmed. I'm also happy K. Rool was not shown as an assist trophy. Sakurai did say that there won't be many newcomers, but K. Rool is still one of the most popular newcomers right now. Ridley (and countless other details) show Sakurai is listening to fans, so I think K. Rool still has a great shot. And even if he doesn't make it base game, I'm sure he'll have a great shot for DLC.

We got one reptilian pirate in, now it's time for another.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Guys, I feel our chances are actually RISING

Sakurai clearly is aiming this one towards the hardcore fans of the series who care and voice their wants and opinions.

And who has the loudest, best fantasy if them all, eh? Eh?!?

Top Bottom